main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MzAmethystCrow

MzAmethystCrow Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2001
    I just simply called Marriot and reserved for the 20th through the 25th for $189 a night. I think that's pretty good!

But, if I can get cheaper through the fan club, I'll just cancell. ;)

2. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Sorry if this has been addressed, but how is parking down near the convention center?

I don't mean "Are there lots" I see from the map there seem to be thousands of spaces. I mean are they available or are they hard to come by during the convention based on what folks experienced at C2? Also, average cost for a whole day of parking?

I figured it out, and the money I'd save on Taxi fare and a much cheaper room a bit furhter out seems to more than offset the 5 day car rental. But if it is damn near impossible to come across an open spot due to an overloaded system (like it is in some cities) or if the parking is stupidly expensive, it still might be be worth it to try for close by lodging.

Any help is appreciated!

Doc

3. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    if I remember correctly parking was 5 dollars at most lots but they were also a couple of blocks away

4. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    Thanks r2fu2!

Additionally, basing best guesses on C2, will the fan club members have options for better hotel deals then everybody else? Or do they just get prefered treatment for reservations.

I guess I'm asking what kinda hotel deals fan club members got last time compared to non members.

Thanks,

Doc

5. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I did not use the fanforce block of rooms last time but I think they were supposed to get a better deal if they reserved their rooms when they bought their passes

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    When are the blocks and convention tickets going on sale? I heard this month, but I don't have an exact date yet.

7. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i don't know soon hopefully :D

8. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ahhhh! So much work. Must. Not. Panic.

I need to get to know some people. Who want to know me? (Austrian, 18 years old) Sure, I probably can't join the fans going out for the hard stuff (alcohol)- meh.

9. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I am coming over by myself from Australia.

So I guess I need to find a room! :)

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I don't know if that'd work out. :p Lots of difficulties.

11. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at starwarscelebration.com to everyone regardless of fan club membership status. When you purchase your ticket your credit card will be charged. You will then receive a code and link via email which will allow you to reserve a room in the official room block.

Just checking to make sure I'm properly prepared. :)

12. -Doctor_Evil-

Sep 3, 2004
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/displayswc.aspx?file=swc-registration

It's all right there. Double and triple check to your heart's content.

Doc

13. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding. Tickets go on sale tomorrow at starwarscelebration.com to everyone regardless of fan club membership status.

so is the only hyperspace member perk the Darth Vader topper.

reguarding the previoue statement, I've been to the website and am curious as well to hotel reservations. Can a Hyperspace member get hotel reservations at the same time as ticket purchase, can we purchase more than one ticket?

14. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm trying to decide which hotel to pick. I stayed at Courtyard by Marriott during C2 but would like something a bit closer. I'm considering the Marriott, Westin, Hyatt, and Embassy. Did anyone stay at these (or other nearby hotels) and have any feedback or recommendations? I just can't make up my mind.

Carolyn

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    WHOOOO
    Just booked through Priceline and got the Marriot Courtyard for 67$ a night for 5 nights!!!!!!!

*Ok, so I 'fly' out of 'milwaukee' on their schedual but I'm booking my flight through another agent.

16. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Your choice will prolly come down to what is available lol.

I hope to get in at the Hyatt, but ill see what i can get

17. anakin_skywalker_vi

anakin_skywalker_vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    we are registering in the Wingate Inn

and i am outting my credit card info in right now.. will it charge all of it right now.. or what???

18. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    no, i don't believe they will charge your card now. not until you are checking out of the hotel do they bill you, unless you pay cash when you check in.

19. CarolynNC

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm really bummed right now. None of the places I wanted have availability. I started to book just any room and hope for something better to show up but then I noticed the $50 cancellation fee. I've looked forward to this since C2 so I'm feeling low. I guess I'm going to believe everything will work out okay. I didn't book my room until late last time and lucked up being able to pick up one of the rooms reserved by Chicago Force.

:(

20. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Damn the Comfort inn at 530 S. Capitol Ave. has these: Exercise Room, Free Contl. Breakfast, Hi Speed Internet, Indoor Pool, Whirlpool...

DAMN AWESOME INN =P~

BTW, I found a Cheap hotel for just $32 a night, 5 miles from the Center!!

21. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Got my badge and no hotel room.

Thanks GenCon :mad: ...you are the worst.

Hopefully a friend will have a availability for me.

22. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Gen Con you can suck my butt, if this is the way its going to be, Celebration 3 is going to suck ass. I can't even find a hotel room, and if I do find one the price is out of this world.

23. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Sure you can. Just have to search 5+ mile Range Hotels.

Let me give you guys some hotels for cheap

Ramada Inn 7 miles $45 ish

Econolodge 5 Miles
    $35 ish
    - http://www.choicehotels.com

Sheraton at $69 dollars 9 Miles, but it's Sheraton man!

24. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    You know Hilton is available for $137 a night!

That's near the Center... I can Book it, and share it with Hot ladies! OK? ;) [face_love] :D

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well I got my room. It was a anxious and stressful time by I have managed to do so.

I wish the rest of you very good luck in getting rooms and look forward to the con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.