main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hotels and Accomodations

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Uilmuteiz, Feb 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I posted this in the other thread but I'll post it here too, since many still seem to be having trouble!

If anyone is having a hard time finding a room they like, I would suggest phoning the hotels in the area.
    When all the trouble started with the GenCon website yesterday, I went ahead and started calling the nearby hotels. Some people who got rooms with the housing bureau (after buying their badges) must have been cancelling reservations they already had because several of the hotels that had for months been listed as full were turning up with anywhere from 2 to a dozen vacancies yesterday.

I still haven't bought any badges for the convention but by going outside the C3 block I got my ideal room at the Embassy, for $50/night LESS than their website previously listed. :D I don't know what C3 is charging for rooms there but looking at the C3 rates posted for other hotels (Hyatt, etc) it looks comparable.
    In any case, for those of you stressed out because you can't get a room even with the code, it's worth a try, just give the hotel you want a call! Maybe you'll find just what you're looking for! :)

2. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I called the Embassy today and they had availability for Wed, Thurs, & Saturday nights. I put a hold on those and will hope they get a cancellation for Friday night. I haven't been able to find anything else at the hotels I had picked but I'll keep trying. All you folks who held reservations until you were able to get in the room block make sure you cancel your duplicate soon so I can quit pulling out my hair. :)

On another note, I have a question for the locals or anyone familiar with the area. There are rooms at the Hilton Garden, Hilton (formerly Adams Mark), and Hampton. Which one of these is closest to the convention center? Which would you recommend? I think I'm going to need to book one I really don't want and possibly pay the penalty if I find something I prefer.

Thanks to anyone who can provide some info on the above hotels.

Carolyn

3. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    I stayed at the Hampton Inn last time and it was pretty close, two or three blocks I think. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn and I think that one is 6 blocks away but I'm not sure. Would also like to have more info about it if someone knows it. Thanks. :)

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me and the rest of FF Sweden, and some Germans and a Brit, have our reservations at the Hampton.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Who all has reservations for the Embassy Suites besides me?

I'm looking to meet up with some people hopefully and avoid walking around alone like a loser.

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
  7. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I am at the Hampton Inn. Is that a far walk from the site? By the time I got through, all the adjoining Hotels were sold out. I booked the Hampton a few months ago and the price is same as on the site. I have a double with two beds but the person who was going to share can't go. I could use a roomie, female, non smoker. I am female and saw ANH after by 25th birthday :)

question about schedule: does it end at noon on Sunday or later? I am trying to make flight arrangements

8. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I don't think Hampton Inn is very far, it's one or two blocks away or so. I'm staying there (yep, part of the FF Sweden gang OA talked about) and I hope it's nice. :)

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey qingauk,

Schedule looks like the con ends 4pm on Sunday. So make a late flight Sunday, or early monday... Early monday will probably get you a cheaper flight.

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >On another note, I have a question for the locals or anyone familiar with the area. There are rooms at the Hilton Garden, Hilton (formerly Adams Mark), and Hampton. Which one of these is closest to the convention center?<

Hilton (Formerly Adams Mark) is Definately the CLOSEST!

However, I have NO money for that kind of room, Unless Hilton Sisters come over! :p

11. jakejar

jakejar Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    We're going to be at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front desk said they're about 5 blocks from the Convention Center, but that they're 1 1/2 blocks from the mall that has skyways connecting to the Convention Center.

If you want to read good reviews by travelers about the hotels in Indianapolis, I checked out www.tripadvisor.com. The Hilton Garden Inn got top ratings, but the Hampton Inn was very close behind.

12. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  13. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    There's a crudload of TFN people staying at the Courtyard including myself. -_-_-_-_-_-, I was kinda hoping you'd get a room over there as well but I'm sure we'll all run into each other anyways at the con and Fan Force/501st party.

14. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    These are the Hotels/prices/Distances at C3's Reservation page (from lowest to highest)

I selected 4/20/05-4/24/05 2 guest per room.

4 guest per room is the SAME price for MOST of these hotels, but NOT all is available this way.

In case if you are naive, the prices are PER NIGHT, not all together. :)

Sleep Inn West
    Distance from Event: 6 Miles:$85

Comfort Inn West
    Distance from Event: 6 Miles:$99

Holiday Inn Select Airport
    Distance from Event: 8 Miles:$109

Wingate Inn - Indianapolis Airport
    Distance from Event: 6 Miles:$119

Columbia Club
    Distance from Event: 0.50 Miles:$125

Radisson Hotel City Center
    Distance from Event: 0.40 Miles:$140

Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Downtown
    Distance from Event: 0.50 Miles:$140

Hampton Inn Downtown
    Distance from Event: 0.40 Miles:$145

Hilton Indianapolis
    Distance from Event: 0.40 Miles:$152

However, the site lacks other hotels like Ramada Inn, Econo Lodge etc that are also 5 miles away... hope this is helpful to those wanna know what's the C3 reservation looks like right now :)

15. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Is that $170 a night rate at the Embassy Suits a fanclub only special? I know I am paying $180 a night right now and it's going to cost me $600 for Thursday-Saturday.

16. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    >Is that $170 a night rate at the Embassy Suits a fanclub only special?<

I said Embassy Suite - $170 4/20-4/21 ONLY

Again, it's ONLY good for 1 day only. 4 days are sold out, or not available when I checked.

17. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    The $170 for the Embassy has to be a Fan Club special. I belive I paying $220 a night for my room. This would be the room that has the second room and the kitchen.

I don't care how much more I'm paying after seeing what everyone had to deal with the last 2 days.

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I paid $250 for 3 nights at the courtyard marriot. Which is like right next door. For details on how I got such a low price, ask Darth Breezy

19. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
  20. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    robertyoda: Yowch! Hilton's website is a pain for overcharging. If I were you I'd give the hotel a call. As far as I know ALL the suites in the Embassy have two rooms, bathroom and kichenette (microwave/fridge). The website quoted me $200/night last spring when the rooms first came available, then later $170/night for a king or $190/night for a double.

They (they being umm... the travel people? Dr. Phil? someone like that) say you can usually get a better deal by phoning the hotel direct than by booking online, and they're right. The price I was quoted when I phoned was significantly less than any of the prices the website gave me. $220/night..!? I'm pretty sure you're being ripped off! Phone them and ask if they can lower the price!

21. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I just registered for my badge, and then it linked me to their hotel reservations page.

At C2 I stayed at The Weston, but I also though the Hyatt across the street was great too.

Well on the reservation website, it doesn't appear that there is any rooms available for either of those two hotels. The closest hotels available are about a half of a mile away. Am I missing something or have rooms gone this quickly for the close hotels?

Any help and/or info would be appreciated. Thanks.

22. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Queen Deluxe and King suites are still available at the Hilton (formerly Adams Mark) for $152/night. The Queen suites have two queen beds and a sofa bed and are 665 square feet! [face_hypnotized] That's bigger than my NYC apartment. [face_plain]

23. arniebuteft

arniebuteft Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2003
    Has anyone tried to change or modify their reservations yet? I goofed up like a dumbass and only reserved Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, no Saturday. The email I got with my hotel reservations says that I can change my reservations through starwars.com, but doesn't provide any more detail than that. It also gives a phone number, but I'd rather mess with it online. Anyone had to do this yet?

24. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    It's easy.. go here:
    https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=16490

and click on Modify Reservation on the left. You'll need the acknowledgement number from the email.

25. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I'm taking my wife and 2.5 year old daughter (she will be that old in April) so I went with the Hilton Indianapolis King Suite. Not an inexpensive option, but with all the amenities and how close it is I think it's a decent price. Hopefully it'll also keep me out of too much trouble if she decides she doesn't want to come to C3 everyday all day.

Anyone else staying there or know anyone who is? I would like to meet up with some other FF folks there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.