main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How about this: Release all the single-player content from SWTOR on consoles

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Han Burgundy, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Personally, I would play the **** out of SWTOR if it was on consoles and wasn't an MMO. Hours upon hours of Star Wars Bioware-RPG goodness is pretty much my gamer wet dream.

So, considering the MMO has failed pretty spectacularly, what should Lucasarts/EA do to get some more mileage out of their investment? Port it to consoles, take away the multiplayer stuff, and call it "Old Republic Adventures" or something. 40 bucks for that much single player content would feel like a steal for the consumer, and the relatively low cost of porting would make it a no-brained for the publishers.

07jonesj and Life like this.
  2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I've thought this to myself before. I would totally buy it! I downloaded TOR but just haven't gotten to it....my connection isn't the best at my college either.

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As someone who hates MMOs and prefers playing on a console (I just prefer to sit on my sofa), rather than a PC for most games (not RTS obviously, and there are lots more indies on PC) I'd buy this.

I'd much rather just a new RPG altogether though, whether that be a true KOTOR 3, or this RPG Obsidian is pitching.

4. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    As cool as it would be to have the option of playing an offline version of TOR, I just don't see it happening. They'll run the game online as long as someone feels the game can bring money in, or as long as the license allows. If we see any games coming out in the near future that haven't been announced yet they'll most likely revolve around the upcoming ST. I think Disney will push new titles, not try to revive old ones, however popular.