main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How does the Disney deal affect future Star Wars video games?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MagicSpork, Nov 15, 2012.

1. MagicSpork

MagicSpork Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2004
    I'm not sure how Lucasfilm had their video game deals set up. Did they have a contract with a developer to make a certain number of games, or was each game contracted separately? If the former, does Disney have to use that company, or can they just fire them and go with whomever they want?

2. xtinataguba

xtinataguba Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2012
    i dont think it would affect the star wars video games. because it already earn a spot.

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
  4. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Hmm. Well, IMO, in terms of the whole Force Unleashed, sounds awesome. But, for anything else thus far.

NOOOOOOOOO!

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sinre Edit: Moved to Videogames.

6. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    A lot of people want star wars games, so I don't think they will be neglected. On the contrary, I expect a lot of games for many consoles, if they want money and a happy fanbase.

7. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I'm not too fussed. Just because they haven't got any console plans at the moment, doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way.
    Besides better to have a good console game several years down the pipe than a console game for the sake of it.

(I'm not bothered if they get rid of Lucasarts either and link up with another publisher. They haven't exactly been a memorable developer, the only notable exception being the Monkey Island series.)

DarthMak likes this.
  8. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Totally agree. LucasArts was at the top of their game in the early-mid 90s. Just my opinion, but once the special editions and prequels came around, they put out way too much mediocre stuff. There were a few gems though.

9. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It'd be nice to get some great Star Wars games again as we haven't had one in quite a few years, but I won't hold my breath.

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    It is the Kingdom Hearts tie-ins that worry me

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2