main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

How Has Star Wars Changed Your Life?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Teniel Djo, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    Okay, it's about to get sappy. No blasters.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away, this forum was a very large part of my life. It was one of the first places I felt accepted and free to be myself, and I still have deeply fond memories of this place. Even though a lot of things have changed about me and my life, Star Wars will always be at the core. One of my favorite stories to tell people is that I chose my college major because of Star Wars. I was close to failing French in high school, so I went over to the FanForce French forums and begged them to help me. They helped me so much that I went from a D to an A in French. I realized how much I loved the language from conversing with French Star Wars fans, and I was even able to meet some of them when I visited France on my semester abroad.

I know I'm not the only one who's life was changed by Star Wars. Back when I used to post on a daily basis, I read about people meeting their wives or husbands waiting in line to see Star Wars or naming their children after Star Wars characters.

So I'd love to hear how Star Wars has changed your life.

2. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    I met the most amazing person through Star Wars

Teniel Djo and Admiral Volshe like this.
  3. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    My mom met my dad at the premiere of the Return of the Jedi so basically Star Wars was what brought my parents together and you know here I am today some 23 years later. :)

4. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Don't know about Star Wars changing my life but this person did
    [​IMG]

5. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    June, 1977. Mann Chinese Theater. Star Wars: A New Hope.
    I was 22 years young. Need I say more . . .

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Sappy alert. :p

8 months ago, I stumbled across this board and met people who are just as crazy as I am and understand my love for all things Sci-Fi. They're great friends, wonderful acquaintances, and even the people I completely disagree with are pretty nice too. :p

But that aside, I have been given inspiration and the opportunity to improve my skills in writing, music and graphic design, things I had given up on a long time ago. I challenged myself to do something I had wanted to do, and the only way I could do those things was to use the films as inspiration.

Star Wars has given me an creative outlet and is something I couldn't live without.

And on top of that in itself, everyone here has made it that million times better. Thanks, everyone.

And thank you SO much to George and everyone who has put their effort and talent into the films. No words can describe how much I love everything that these films are.

Sinrebirth and Teniel Djo like this.
  7. Teniel Djo

Apr 8, 2000
    Catsmeow, that blows my mind! You exist because of Star Wars. I think you win on the level of importance. I exist because of green card marriages so that's not as cool. :p

Admiral Volshe, that is definitely how I have felt about this community. I am only sad that after being away from this site for so long, many of the people I knew are gone. But it's good to know that the community is just as awesome as ever. :)

8. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Catsmeows sig is so true!

9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  10. Teniel Djo

Apr 8, 2000
    benknobi1, Oui, je parle français toujours, mais j'avoue que je ne pratique pas beaucoup.

Catsmeow I just read it and that IS an awesome signature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.