main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Humor] Funny stuff from around the net

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Sep 13, 2004.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    While the technology parts are decently close, they certainly had an aggrandized view of humans' dominion over nature....

2. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  4. jedijaysin

jedijaysin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 15, 2011
  5. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
  6. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  7. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
  8. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
  9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    AuttyBot and jedijaysin like this.
  10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Star Wars Parody on Sesame Street:

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Does anybody speak Japanese and can translate this?

12. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    Not necessarily a "funny", but a well-done vid from a jedi's perspective. Enjoy!

Also, the currently viral Shia Labeouf motivational speech is available with a Star Wars theme, which is kind of funny. Not posting here due to the fact there is profanity so search and view at your own risk. Peace :)

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Not sure if this is funny. Guess it depends on your point of view.

http://www.gq.com/gallery/amy-schumer-photos-star-wars-trainwreck
    Fairly NSFW, by the way.

So...yeah. SW isn't a totally sacred cow for me as I try to have a sense of humor about the Wars. However, this one didn't seem that funny to me. Maybe I'm just not a fan of what they were going for here with their parody. I don't think it's offensive...but pretty dang inappropriate. Although I'm a big proponent of free and protected speech of which this counts as.

And, for those who ask, Lucasfilm/Disney said via Twitter "Lucasfilm & Disney didn't approve, participate in or condone the inappropriate use of our characters in this manner." I couldn't imagine the mouse doing so.

So, not really funny to me, but I defend their right to publish it. It's Star Wars publicity, which is good, right??

14. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, not really a fan of the pics. Haven't paid for an issue of this magazine in a long time, and this spread isn't changing my mind.

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    None Of Us Will Ever Find Out How ‘Star Wars’ Ends

That's a good headline. Yep, I clicked on it. Here's it's basic premise:

"Disney didn’t acquire Lucasfilm for $4 billion to just make the, right now, five announced Star Wars films. They will keep making them. There will be an Episode X. There will be an Episode XX. There will probably be an Episode XL. I’m now resigned to the fact that I will never know how this story ends. You will never know how it ends. J.J. Abrams will not know how it ends. George Lucas will not know how it ends. As Weird Al once sang, “they’ll be making these movies ‘till the end of time.”

I'm okay not knowing the "end of the story." I almost prefer it since this means that my kid, and my child's child, etc., will be enjoying Star Wars movies, TV, merchandise, and other tie-ins for not only years, but for *generations* to come. This thought truly gives weight to the phrase "Star Wars is Forever."

he-guy likes this.
  16. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    The AV Club is hosting Star Wars week on their site:

http://www.avclub.com/article/its-star-wars-week-v-club-228424

Here's their summary:

The Force Awakens may or may not be as great as the trailers make it look, but the upcoming addition to the Star Wars franchise reminds both die-hard and casual fans how great the 38-year-old space opera is. So while we eagerly await the 2015 addendum to the galaxy introduced in 1977, The A.V. Club presents a week of content dedicated to the films and the outsize influence they have on pop culture. Today we present an Inventory of the spin-offs we’d like to see, from a brave little space slug to Lando Calrissian’s backstory; contributor Jesse Hassenger writes a convincing defense of the prequels; and we read the kid-lit versions of the original trilogy so you don’t have to. This week’s Watch This posts are dedicated to films inspired or influenced by Star Wars, while our Hear This feature shares an eclectic bunch of songs with references to the space saga. Stay tuned for an examination of the George Lucas-produced Red Tails, a Star Wars Run The Series, and our picks for the most regrettable losses from the Star Wars canon.

Finally, practice voting for the 2016 presidential election with our far more important ballot: Star Wars Wars. Pitting the best Star Wars vehicles against one another in a suburban setting, we start out the daily poll by asking readers to decide the superior vehicle for the restless suburban teenager: podracer or landspeeder?

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Best use of Gonk I've seen in a while:

[​IMG]

AuttyBot, he-guy and thejackal327 like this.
  18. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
  19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    thejackal327 likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Star Wars GO...the Disney app

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/...ests-at-hollywood-studios-a-500-star-wars-app

Disney now offers guests at Hollywood Studios a $500 Star Wars app (Yep, you read that right...$500)

Pokemon Go has proven that augment reality is the future of mobile games, but Disney is pushing the envelope even more by taking a simple game, adding a few physical prizes and then charging $500 for it.

Yep, Disney now offers a Star Wars Rebels-themed smartphone augment reality game for $500, well actually $499.

The game, or really experience since there doesn’t seem to be any real game play happening, is only open to resort guests staying on property who have tickets to Hollywood Studios.

Guests pre-order the Star Wars Rebels Interactive Adventure experience from Disney’s Floral and Gifts Department then when they arrive at their hotel room, which will be decked out in Star Wars décor including an Empire recruitment banner on the door along with four Empire Recruitment Posters and a Rebel Utility Blanket in the room.

Other items include an Imperial Security Satchel, an Imperial Rank Bar, a Set of Rebel of Diversion Tattoos, a Rebel Data Card Lanyard, an Imperial Security Cap, Kanan’s Lightsaber, a Star Wars Rebel Journal and a Wayfinder set and Mission Briefing.

Using these items, and that the smartphone app, guests explore the room for hidden items (items only visible via the augment reality app) before heading to Hollywood Studios where they must ride Star Tours while wearing the Imperial Security Officer items they received in their room.

Both in their hotel room, and waiting in line for Star Tours, guests can scan “wayfinders” to unlock special items in the app.

Once they’ve ridden Star Tours, a special ‘transmission’ will be unlocked in the app that guests can then use to unlock the Holocron box that is left back in their room. In this Holocron box lies a Medal of Bravery with a Star Wars-themed fabric wrap.

22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Wow, that is a steep price to join the Empire. I guess if the room and park admission for several people were included it wouldn't be terrible, but that seems like a lot for what you really get.