main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. It'sHereToStay

It'sHereToStay Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2012
    I just got a Holiday Darth Vader bobblehead from a gift exchange. Plus I'm sure I'm getting Saga Collection Galactic Hunt Anakin Skywalker in the mail soon. It's myFavorite Figure so far, I want one opened and unopened

2. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Picked up the Barnes & Noble exclusive hardcover of the original trilogy novelizations. The cover sucked me in even though I already have these books.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Can you post a pic? I've got a paperback of the OT omnibus but the cover is just a yellow SW font title.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think he's talking about this:
    [​IMG]

B&N has a bunch of these versions of old classics.... and for some reason SW. Here's the whole collection.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's not a bad cover. If I lived near a B&N I'd probably get one as well.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Me too. That cover looks great.

7. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah, that's the one. That picture doesn't do it justice. The cover is gorgeous. 3P0 and R2 are on the back. The colors on the cover are metallic, and the inside cover has McQuarrie art and there's silver edges on the pages. $25 for it.

TrakNar likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Not a bad price, either! Note to self: Hit up B&N on New Year's Eve...

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If they had them in the UK I'd be there as well. But we don't. I'll keep an eye out though in case one of the chains picks the series up here.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've seen it at B&N and have been tempted to buy yet another collection of the SW movie novels. It really does look awesome in person. All those leather-bound classics are wrapped in plastic, too, to preserve the books better.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So what SW-related Christmas gifts did everyone get? I got an Amazon UK gift certificate which will buy me many SW books/tpbs in 2013!

12. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I got a B&N gift card, with which I'll certainly get SW books. :D Also, a t-shirt with a picture of Vader and the caption "Who's your daddy?"

13. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    My little sister got me these spatulas
    [​IMG]
    I think they might be too cool to use. I wouldn't want to wear them out.

TrakNar likes this.
  14. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    Clone Wars Season 4 on blu-ray
    X-Wing Miniatures board game(this is going to be an expensive game)
    Darth Vader ornament from my awesome nephew

15. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Santa C-3PO bobble head from my mother, woo.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Lost Tribe of the Sith: The Collected Stories from my dad's girlfriend.

The Sounds of Star Wars from my dad. I am absolutely going to love using that book for foley!

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I liked the Lost Tribe book.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I got a few SW goodies:

A brown hooded bathrobe w/ a Rebel symbol on it
    orange Earphones w/ rebel symbols on them
    and I got for myself the glass R2 & 3PO ornaments from Target

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman just brought an Amazon US order containing SW: Scoundrels and the Clone Wars Omnibus Vol 3.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Postman just brought my SW Insider Special Edition 2013. I had to order it from Titan UK since I couldn't find it at the local WH Smith.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got a Clone Wars wall calendar at the 99$ only store!

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I misread that as being a $99 store, rather than a 0.99 cents store, and then wondered just how awesome the calender would need to be to be worth that much. :p

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm burning off nervousness about waiting on our house deal going through and sort of went bonkers buying stuff today :p

I ordered up Gentle Giant Mini-busts Zam Wessell and Jabba's Prisoner Leia from another fan elsewhere.

Then I went to ToysRUs (which is having a BOGO - buy one get one 1/2 off sale on all SW Hasbro toys) and scored their Ewok pack and a special value pack w/ an AV-7 Mobile Cannon and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. You can see pics HERE.

Then I got a bunch of Valentine's day goodies at Target - check them all out HERE.

24. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I recently met Tim Zahn on his Star Wars: Scoundrels book tour stop, and picked up Scoundrels, Specter of the Past, and Visions of the Future. He signed my copies of Allegiance and Choices of One as well. Also got Heir to the Empire today in the mail.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    A couple of vintage pick-ups, complete stormtrooper(that isn't yellow!) and Chewbacca.

whostheBossk likes this.