main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I HATE music videos

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Darthkarma, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    it comes out on February 15th.

2. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Well MTV is running her stupid video in high rotation around the clock. She looks like a mildly energetic animated doll.

Why do they have a show called MAKING THE BAND? None of these morons play instruments! They aren' bands! It should be called "making the next calculated shallow American show biz joke with easily manipulated models who can barely sing, who have to have a choreographer stage their dances for them(yeah, like they're REALLY great dancers!)who rarely write their own songs and who have to be told EVERYTHING to do, probably including bowel movements."

That's what I want: TRUTH IN PACKAGING.

3. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    In my opinion the most creative video ever made is Ava Adore by The Smashing Pumpkins. If you have not seen this video (which you probably haven't) you must see it! I love how they change the speed of the band members while the backround is always moving at the same pace. And Billy looks like a vampire! The lower quality gritty film in some parts (like it is in Closer) really adds to the mood, too.

4. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Another one I like... Californication by the Chili Peppers. The one that's set in a game and visits all the big places in California. I think it's simple, funny and in the end works.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    my substitute in literature made an intresting analogy about Britney Spears, and this could go for all the boy bands too: imagine Spears as a handpuppet, & the person holding the puppet is an executive who wants to make $$$$.

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Analogy? Isn't that what's really happening?

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  8. Darthkarma

Aug 30, 2000

The image of an executive having his hand up the, uh, well, you know, of Britney and the boys is, well, UNSETTLING.

9. Solo22

Solo22 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 1998
    Music Videos are usually bad. Sometimes you get gems like "Weapon of Choice" or a good concept like DMB's "Everyday", but that's in the midst of videos stuffed with teen boys dancing and nearly naked women. At least with VH1 and MTV2 the bad ones are less common, and you get to see smaller bands.

10. Darthkarma

Aug 30, 2000

An earlier poster expressed it perfectly,
    MTV is not about music, it's only about teenage sex. In fact, that's what they ought to call it, the Teenage Sex Channel.

11. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Cause "I want my teen sex" doesn't sound as appealing as their current motto.

12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That's arguable.

13. Darthkarma

Aug 30, 2000

MTV sends out so many mixed signals about so many subjects it's no wonder teenagers are totally confused these days.

Britney Spears endlessly claims she has kept her virginity, then displays her body in the most provocative, minimal, alluring clothing
    she can wear. Yeah, Britney, tease the guys!
    Sell those records. Make it sexy enough and no one will notice you do not have one ounce of musical talent in your body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.