main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends I, Jaina Solo (The Great Chiss War)(Post-NJO: Jaina, Jag, Kyp, Jacen, Tahiri,more) Completed 2/23/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    In a barve's eye, she will.[face_skull]

2. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Pleeeeeeaaaaaaazzzzeeeeee......no Yoda dancing!

But I loved the ending.[face_mischief]Best fanfic ending that I've ever read.

3. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= Amazing job all the way through. The ending was totally not what I expected and was awsome because of that.

This is definatally one of the best fics I've ever read. Though, I think I will forever have Sovel in my head saying "Essence Point" every time something important happens ;)

4. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    =D= =D= =D=

Amazing work, YK. You say you challenged yourself with this particular fic. I say you responded incredibly well to that challenge.

Jag had survived the crash somehow, just as I had. I have no explanation for this, other than to say that we'd always survived the crash.

The second is a brilliant line. Loved it!

Thank you for writing and posting this - I've enjoyed every word, when you knew I was reading and when I was reading but too tired to post a reply.

Bravo, my friend. [:D]

oldj

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I can't believe it's over. :(

The ending fit this story perfectly. We don't get to see the action but we know what happened, what has always happened.

And I see you threw Nieus P. Sovel in one last time. [face_laugh]

You know, as much as I disliked his influence on Jaina in this story, I think I just might miss him. Only a little mind you.

Wow, so this was a great ending to a magnificent story. And to think you only worked on it one to two hours a week. You are such a talent.

Thanks for writing this.

6. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Well done, Yobi. =D=[:D]=D=

This will be one of my favorite fics. I loved Han's words at the end. You did an excellent job and I will miss reading Jaina's words. And I'll dance with you [face_dancing] , as long as I'm the one wearing the dress. o_O

7. Master_Palpy

Master_Palpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    =D= =D= =D=

I'd like to dance, but...I'm sad. :( [face_worried] :_|

"But I sure hope I die before I get cynical about it all."

Brilliant end to one of the best fanfics I've ever read.

8. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    You made Jaina a likeable character! :p There was an appropriate amount of Han Solo in her.

The thematic elements in the story worked really great. It was cohesive and well-written all the way around. I also liked the ending--sometimes a touch of ambiguity is good. Your first-person perspective was played nicely and to great affect. It gave the story an almost surreal quality in places which really added that much more depth.

Well done. I really enjoyed it. :D

9. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Oh, beautiful sad ending!

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Whoa Jaina doesn't know the trouble she'd be causing her family does she? Jacen'd be devastated if he felt that from teh Force.

11. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    =D= I liked how you leave it just a little ambigous at the end. Well done!

Dancing is fine.... searing my eyes from their sockets is not permited.[face_talk_hand] :p

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    And I thought you'd kill Jag in this story but no you had to make it that she will kill him and well we don't know if she did in the end :p

Sorry for the longer break with posting :(

13. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_dancing] Yeaha! I'm on the list! *dances around*

That was just great! I love how you've written Jaina. =D=

Oh, and I want to dance! :D

14. Madame_Solo

Madame_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    Can't believe I didn't notice you had finished this until now...
    What a great story Yobi, it really was. And what an appropriate ending, even though it was sad. But we all knew it would be.
    =D= =D= =D= =D=
    You did an excellent job, and you deserved all of the awards you got and more! Congratulations on finishing a story, I'm sure thats a huge gratification.
    Guess i'll have to go look up more of your stories if I still want to read more of your writings, huh?
    Any recommendations? o_O

-Flygirl

15. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Quick note about the Fan Fiction awards on Saturday: Thanks to everyone who voted for this or my other stories in the Beyond Awards. "I, Jaina Solo" won for Best Epic and Best Canon Interpretation of a Female Character (Jaina :p). I also won 2 awards for "The Age of Heroes." I was very surprised, I didn't think very many people were reading this story anymore, so I very much appreciate your support. It was a nice way to finish this particular writing project [:D]

Kidan: hmmm....now should I be happy that some of my questions will be answered, or sad that the story is drawing to an end......
    oh the decisions!

Tough call. I'll have to ask you now that it's over 8-}

skywalkerlover00: wow. that was an awesome ending. I regret not finding this fic until it was almost over. Well, overall this was an awesome fic. Jag's alive, then?

Well, he is at the end, but Jaina is going to kill him :confused:

Most likely anyway...

Thanks for reading!

Mandalorian_Crusader: In a barve's eye, she will.

All Right... Thanks for reading.

jaya02: Pleeeeeeaaaaaaazzzzeeeeee......no Yoda dancing!

I forgot that I was reprimanded last time [face_blush]

But I loved the ending. Best fanfic ending that I've ever read.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. The ending was actually the first real idea I had for the fic and it was basically working backwards from there.

Thanks so much for reading :)

melissa: Amazing job all the way through. The ending was totally not what I expected and was awsome because of that.

Thanks, I was hoping people wouldn't feel cheated. I'm glad it was surprising.

This is definatally one of the best fics I've ever read.

Aww, thanks [face_blush]

Though, I think I will forever have Sovel in my head saying "Essence Point" every time something important happens

[face_laugh] Sorry about that.

Thanks for reading this thing :D

oldj: Amazing work, YK. You say you challenged yourself with this particular fic. I say you responded incredibly well to that challenge.

Thanks so much. One of the things I think is a "crutch" in my regular writing is action scenes, so it was nice to see if I could write an entire fic that essentially had no action (besides the last chapter, which had to be described to explain the events that led to Jaina and Jag ending up on Chafour).

The second is a brilliant line. Loved it!

Thanks!

Thank you for writing and posting this - I've enjoyed every word, when you knew I was reading and when I was reading but too tired to post a reply.
    Bravo, my friend.

Aww, thank you [face_blush] I'm honored that you read it.

Lola: I can't believe it's over.

No... there is another.

No, wait, I guess I didn't really leave much of an opening for a sequel [face_laugh]

The ending fit this story perfectly. We don't get to see the action but we know what happened, what has always happened.

Yep, exactly. I really liked the idea of letting the reader's mind do the work on what the conclusion is. I'm glad you think it worked.

And I see you threw Nieus P. Sovel in one last time.

I hesitated, but I couldn't resist 8-}

You know, as much as I disliked his influence on Jaina in this story, I think I just might miss him. Only a little mind you.

Aww, I'm sure he's happy to hear that. Maybe he'll post here again. We haven't seen him in awhile :p

Wow, so this was a great ending to a magnificent story. And to think you only worked on it one to two hours a week. You are such a talent.
    Thanks for writing this.

[face_blush] Thank you. I've really enjoyed reading your responses throughout this, thanks so much for reading it (and working through the Sovel references!) [:D]

Fatty: Well done, Yobi.

Thanks! :D

This will be one of my favorite fics.[/i

16. Mandalorian_Crusader

Mandalorian_Crusader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2005
    Not to be rude, but you have been hinting that Jaina's mental stability is questionable, and/or the objectivity of what she's talking about...[face_plain]

See what I mean?;)

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I wasn't mocking you, I'm sorry if that's the way you read my response. There just wasn't very many ways for me to respond to what you'd written. I meant "All right" as in, "I can't really argue with it".

Yes, it's possible that Jaina is unstable or that her perception of events is distorted. And as you said, that she won't kill Jag or stop the bioweapon :)

Again, sorry if there was a misunderstanding in my resonse.

18. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    It frustrated me, because there was still a lot of things I would have liked to known. Mainly exactly what happens. Maybe even something as nice, as some information about whoever found Artoo, or what happened with the overall war.

It was a great story, and I love First Person, but I want more :_|

These are both very interesting concepts in the overall thought behind the story. Even though, I knew that Jaina was an unreliable narrator, it never occured to me that she could have been intentionally misleading everyone.

Jaina just doesn't seem to be the character that was sneaky enough for that. Jacen? Jag? Corran? These guys I could see doing something so...duplicitous. Or Maybe Jaina has just lied to herself enough, that she finally realized she can lie to others as well.

....hmmmm......

y'know. I would never have thought to taken the time to find names in a fic, and rearrange them to see what they could possibly spell. *wonders if there is a website that would do that for us automatically* Knowing that Thrawn would do that for someone else's fic, now I'm going to have to go re-read all of Thrawn's stories, and find his OC's names to see what they spell....

19. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    wow. i just finished this. wow. great job!!!

20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Kidan: It frustrated me, because there was still a lot of things I would have liked to known. Mainly exactly what happens. Maybe even something as nice, as some information about whoever found Artoo, or what happened with the overall war.

The fun thing is, you get to make that up for yourself ;) Most likely someone from the military recovered Artoo, but it could have been the Chiss and it was released sometime after the war.

It was a great story, and I love First Person, but I want more

Thanks :D Maybe I should work on a sequel? Perhaps Jaina survived :p

These are both very interesting concepts in the overall thought behind the story. Even though, I knew that Jaina was an unreliable narrator, it never occured to me that she could have been intentionally misleading everyone.

Just throwing it out there as a possibility ;)

Jaina just doesn't seem to be the character that was sneaky enough for that. Jacen? Jag? Corran? These guys I could see doing something so...duplicitous.

Yeah, I don't think she's that deceptive either. If she wanted to cover her trail though...

Or Maybe Jaina has just lied to herself enough, that she finally realized she can lie to others as well.

A good point! :D

....hmmmm......
    y'know. I would never have thought to taken the time to find names in a fic, and rearrange them to see what they could possibly spell. *wonders if there is a website that would do that for us automatically* Knowing that Thrawn would do that for someone else's fic, now I'm going to have to go re-read all of Thrawn's stories, and find his OC's names to see what they spell....

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of his OC's are anagrams. Probably for things that go way over my head 8-}

Corellian_Cutie: wow. i just finished this. wow. great job!!!

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

21. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Special thanks to jagsredlady for her occasional impromptu beta work, and to Kurt Vonnegut.
    *faints* My name is on the same line as Vonnegut's! [face_laugh] Seriously, [face_blush] You're welcome!. You know I have an ulterior motive in doing the beta work. I get sneak peeks. [face_love]

What a joy reading this unique story has been for me. This will definitely go in my all-time favorites list. [:D] I didn't always review (shame on me) but I never missed reading a post. I looked forward to it every week. Thank you so much for posting this.

Bravo on a perfect ending (I bet you didn't think I'd say that :p) even if I would have wanted Jag to live. A more extensive review is still to come on the chapters I missed. For now, here's a bouquet for the celebrated Mr.K. :cool:

@};-@};-@};-@};-@};-
    @};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

And may I also say, congratulations on your deservedly won 2006 WFFA awards. =D=

22. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Great job! I've just found this, read at once and the only thing I can say is :"Impressive, most impressive " :D
    The thing I enjoyed the most, however, was the humour, especially references to Nieus Sovel's works :) and Captain Bojo . hehe.
    Oh, and the scene when Kyp entered detention cell at the Chiss Star Destroyer and said "I'm Luke Skywalker..." [face_laugh]

Well, I guess it's time to check out some other of Your stories ...
    May the Force be with You!

23. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Red: *faints* My name is on the same line as Vonnegut's!

Well, you are two of my favorites [:D]

Seriously, You're welcome!. You know I have an ulterior motive in doing the beta work. I get sneak peeks.

Ahh, sneaky ;) But a nice compliment too [face_blush]

What a joy reading this unique story has been for me. This will definitely go in my all-time favorites list.

Aww, thanks [:D] That means a lot.

I didn't always review (shame on me) but I never missed reading a post. I looked forward to it every week. Thank you so much for posting this.

Thank you so much for reading it :D

Bravo on a perfect ending (I bet you didn't think I'd say that )

You're right, I thought you'd hate it :p

even if I would have wanted Jag to live.

Yeah, it's a sad ending, but the only one I ever intended to write.

A more extensive review is still to come on the chapters I missed. For now, here's a bouquet for the celebrated Mr.K.

You're so sweet [face_batting] Thank you [face_blush]

No hurry on reviews, of course ;)

And may I also say, congratulations on your deservedly won 2006 WFFA awards.

master_jade: Great job! I've just found this, read at once and the only thing I can say is :"Impressive, most impressive "

That's as good as anything :D Thank you!

The thing I enjoyed the most, however, was the humour, especially references to Nieus Sovel's works and Captain Bojo . hehe.

I liked those guys too :p Nieus may write a viggie one of these days ;)

Oh, and the scene when Kyp entered detention cell at the Chiss Star Destroyer and said "I'm Luke Skywalker..."

Sort of out of character, but I think I just wanted to write something amusing :p I'm glad you liked it :D

Well, I guess it's time to check out some other of Your stories ...

I would be honored if you did [face_blush]

May the Force be with You!

And with you! :D

Thanks again for reading and your kind words :)

24. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I still have owned you the review on the last chapters [face_whistling]

?Time for those now is? how Yoda would say. Wait ? :p

8-}

Chapter 33: In Which Everything Gets Turned On Its Head

o_O she is not going and kill Jag? :p

My body's growing weaker.

poor Jaina, but she is probably suffering long enough in this muddy place

Nieus P. Sovel did. He wrote a book about accepting the inevitable called Rounding. The book was essentially 800 pages of our favorite Sullustan telling us that one should know when they've reached the end for better or worse, and simply round off the remainder of their lives rather than continuing to divide their time either achieving or destroying their goals.

he just needed 800 pages 8-}

There was a formula for it, of course, and Sovel said that it was this approach and philosophy that made him appreciate what a successful and well-balanced being he was.

ROFL!!
    That?s because his wives had left him, huh? :p

I stood for a moment completely frozen, staring dumbly at the Miraluka? like Jacen when you ask him to make a decision.

=D= superb comparison

Voanes nodded. "Yes, but I don't really think that sort of language is necessary."

o_O it?s not

"Because they weren't a handsome people and it was the only way he could get them to breed?"

ouch :p

I sighed and then stood up from my chair before clapping my hands together with an ironic smile. "Wonderful! That was really great? next time you can tell me how Ewoks got their fuzzy little beards."

ROFL!! They let them grow for starters? :p

"What I told you about, was only what I saw would happen if I told you about my vision of war."

*is now confused*
    The Mirakula is telling her and that?s the reason for a war, a reason for getting the Jedi kids killed ... and all other happenings

"That someone else you love is going to die, Jaina? unless you do something to change that."

o_O and so it starts :(

"Indeed. If Kyp Durron goes to Chafour tomorrow, Jaina, he will die and your mission will fail. The Chiss will release their virus and wipe out the Alliance and trillions of lives."

so not Kyp is going to die, Lowie is instead

Put this in your joonga and smoke it? I've grown tired of saying "Essence Point?", so from here on out, I will just be saying "Sovel Lies" when one of these delightful moments occur.

Sovel Lies.?

Hah!

"We have to talk... I don't know a way to say this that I think you will accept, so I'm just going to say it? you're not going on the mission. I've already talked to Kre'fey about your conflict and found another pilot to replace you in our squadron. He's already suited up and ready to go, so there's really nothing you can do about it."

*shrugs* now she is knocking him over? Yes? Goes herself instead of him?

"I mean it," he went on. "This really shows a lot of maturity and?"

Hah!

Sovel Lies.?

:p

"Sweet dreams, Princess," I whispered in his ear, before turning and heading towards the exit. I momentarily considered stripping Kyp's flightsuit off and putting him in one of my dresses for when the crew found him, but there just wasn't time.

a yellow cocktail dress? [face_whistling]

I am sincerely sorry for what I had to do to him though, and I hope he can forgive me someday.

:(
    Bad feeling about this, very bad feeling

Chapter 34: In Which We Realize There Is No Deus Ex Machina

I'll pause here to let you recover from the surprise.

:p no surprise ... what did she expect? Welcome signs?

My only regret was that I was probably going to die before I could hear that story about Ewoks from Voanes Malu.

Can you guess how long it took the Chiss to destroy them?

not long?

Remember? never trust a plan made by a Bothan. It always leads to mass deaths. [/

25. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I still have owned you the review on the last chapters
    ?Time for those now is? how Yoda would say. Wait ?

[face_laugh]

she is not going and kill Jag?

Umm...

poor Jaina, but she is probably suffering long enough in this muddy place

Yep :(

he just needed 800 pages

ROFL!!
    That?s because his wives had left him, huh?

Hehe, probably.

superb comparison

:D

it?s not

In Voanes' opinion.

ROFL!! They let them grow for starters?

You figured it out quick :p

*is now confused*
    The Mirakula is telling her and that?s the reason for a war, a reason for getting the Jedi kids killed ... and all other happenings

Not necessarily.

and so it starts

Or ends 8-}

so not Kyp is going to die, Lowie is instead

Lowie would have anyway.

*shrugs* now she is knocking him over? Yes? Goes herself instead of him?

Yes :p

a yellow cocktail dress?

o_O

Bad feeling about this, very bad feeling

Your insight serves you well [face_mischief]

no surprise ... what did she expect? Welcome signs?

She's being sarcastic :p

Jag?s squadron

Yep.

he would trick them all and kill them afterwards

[face_laugh]

nice plan though

Thanks.

to be totally fair: she just did the same, she shot his best friend or comrade however you interpret the relationship between Jag and Kyrn

Yep ;)

she completely accepts the Mirakula?s view

I think she just realizes that Voanes is right [face_mischief]

but she will be with friends

Yep.

what an end

:D

an awesome ?fic which deserves the winnings in the WFFA 06

Aww, thanks [face_blush] And thanks for reading and writing your kind review :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.