main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ I just saw 'Revenge of the Sith'

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DrMaul, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    SFL -

Like the way you think!

Hxxx

2. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I saw it like the night it was realsed. Id rate ep1 better than it but not ep2. Its Lucas's same problem lame dialogue and he cant direct actors. He had a final chance to redem himself but blew it. Yet im still caught in murchandising fever so im kinda a hipocrate but who cares its the last time sw toys will be mass realsed.

3. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    OK, this is something I just dont get. Lame dialogue - but how many people with access to a cinema in the last 30 years do not know the phrase "May the force be with you", let alone any one of the other really class lines that lucas came up with up. So much of this crap dialogue has worked its way into the psyche of a fair proportion of the world. Even people who dont watch SW or like it know the names and catchphrases.

These are not the droids you are looking for.

Just a thought - but if teh dialougue or acting was that bad - would SW be as popular as it is?

Or does it just show that at the end of the day we all just want a good story - stuff the actors?

Hxxx

4. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    there is only one scene with really bad dialogue in ROTS and thats the anakin padme scene at the beginning.

"its only cause I'm so in love"
    "nah its cause I'm so in love with you"
    "so love has blinded you?"
    "well thats not exactly what I meant" ich liebe es wie er das sagt!!!!
    "but its probably true"

-Mel

5. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    saw it for the 3rd time - finally saw the falcon/corellian freighter. I was still pretty gutted when Ayla secura dies - so very tragic :(

6. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Not to sound like a newbie, but I've watched it 3 times, and I've yet to spot the Falcon. I've heard its somewhere in the beginning sequence, but I'm flummoxed.

Any help here would be hot.

Chur,

-Damo.

7. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    As Anakin and Obi Wan come in to land at the Senate Building in the "Taxi", the falcon is landing on the bottom level.

tHeres a list of all the other "Easter Eggs" on the SW site but i cant find the link - it has a picture of where you need to look!

Hxxx

8. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I spotted in very first viewing when i didn't even now about it

Here it is:

[image=http://img285.echo.cx/img285/6428/milleniumfalcon2al.jpg]

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    OK, so I finally saw it yesterday. I dare not enter TFn's 3SA forum or whatever it's called now

Everything that needed to happen happened just fine.

Except I was a bit disappointed at the very slight loose ends tieing up -

eg. How does vader get his name? Palpatine says "I will call you Darth Vader".

3PO needs a memory wipe - Bail simply says "and wipe the protocol droids memory".

They need to explain force ghosts - Yoda says "I have training for you Obi Wan as Qui Gon has learnt to be a force ghost".

Why does Padme die in childbirth - oh, no actual reason, she just lost the will to live even though maternal instinct is way stronger than marital love.

How is the empire formed? Oh, Palpatine says "I have formed a galactic empire".

All these things were so glossed over when we have 10-15 minutes of absolutely useless action on Kashyyyk that does nothing except be a vehicle for us to see Chewbacca, who also also does absolutely nothing for the plot.

Just seemed very odd.

And who was the Jedi Traitor from AOTC who erased the Kamino data from the library?

The tatooine scene bought a little tear to my eye with the twin sunset pose, but it would have been nice for a little dialogue too.

I had been down on the spaceship designs too, especially the tri-fighters and Jedi Star Fighters, but in action they were fine. Though one area they did miss the ball was having very little consistency through the prequels. Padme has a new model of silver ship every movie. Anakin & Obi-Wan get new fighters etc.

The cool thing about the OT were the x-wings, tie-fighters, falcon etc that kept recurring and had a real feeling of personality. There were just so many many many different vehicles in ROTS that all had minimal screen time it was hard to really get attached to any the way AT-ATs blew you away with their coolness in ESB or to a lesser extent AT-STs in ROTJ.

And man, were there some major industrial strikes on Death Star contractors in the 18 years it took to sheath the superstructure & build the internal housings?

But, I did enjoy the movie, I must say, though I still maintain that most of TPM is dead space plot wise and the PT story is way too 'bunched up" at this concluding end.

Ahh well, when's the DVD out? For Christmas I guess.

10. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Jedi Traitor from AOTC who erased the Kamino data from the library?

I was always under the impression, if not the jedi who ordered the clones to be built (10years ago he died or something), it was Dooku who erased them, sneakily.

edit = thinkin about it. it makes snese palpy erased them. but yes, we're never told that.

Also, November I heard DVD release.

11. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    You only *just* saw it, JP? Now I feel obsessive having seen it three times already.

The erasure of Kamino was covered in that EU novel that led into RotS. I forget the name ... Labyrinth of Evil, maybe? I haven't read it, but apparently it was Dooku who erased the archives.

12. Avalon-nz

Avalon-nz Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2005
    Labyrinth of evil.

Dooku didnt actually order the army (wont say wwho did in case its a spoiler for some) but he did "take over" the organisation of it and payment for it. And he was the one who ereased the records (but he missed one apparently!)

Its not a bad book actually (im not generally a fan of the novels.)

Vaders Name:
    The way I heard it - Palpitine actually gets the name from the Force. You can hear the name reverberate before he says it. Like the whole "Noooooooooo" thing - I felt it lacked "presence" when he actually says the name though. The word Vader could have been longer.

Qui Gonns "Ghost"
    Generally we are left with hoping that they really DID film Liam Neeson and it will appear in the DVD version. Start praying now!

Forming of the empire.
    I actually thought that was really scary. Bear in mind that Palpatine has been conditioning the senate for years to slowly but surely give up thier freedoms for the sake of "security". He has whipped up so much FUD that he can just turn round and say - Im teh Emperor. (Ive just moved here from the UK, its scarily familiar to some of the crap going on over there - so this may account for my opinion here). All I can say is at least he wasnt smirking as he destroyed the Republic.

Just my 2p!

Hxxx

13. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Sifo Dias is a Jedi. He has a big nut when Maul shows up, because hes afriad of a war with the Sith. He goes talks to his mate Dooku and tells him of his plan to make an army. Dooku kills Sifo Dias and freezes him. Then Dooku using Sifo Dias name orders the clone army, then wipes Kamino from the records.

Fast forward a bit Dooku has succesfaly crippled Grevious, the Seps build Grevious his new body and while hes still in the tank and not in his new body yet. Dooku tries to do a Jedi blood transplant on Grevious from Sifo Dias frozen body. It doesnt work and Grevious gets Sifo Dias lightsaber as his first.

Mostly from a short story in Visonars by Dark Horse about Grevious origin and a bit from Labyrinth of evil.

Also I hated how rushed and tacked on all the plot points where just seemed like Lucas had just rembered about all this stuff at the last minite and added it in.

14. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    well its a lot of backstory to add in into an already crammed movie....

cant wait to go again tonight ;)

-Mel

15. Darth_Mordan

Darth_Mordan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    I might as well go see it again......may-be a marathon type senario, Dvd's then Movies then dvd's...insert popcorn at will...HAHA Will!

16. darth_padawan_padme

darth_padawan_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2005
    Who here saw the advanced screening with the Rock FM in Auckland? I DID!

17. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Who here, apart from Maul, saw it on May 6th at the pre media media screening?

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    You were the second, the day after Maul... from reading the start of this thread.

19. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    Hey Gang! I'm a lurker most of the time but thought I'd take the time to comment in this thread.

It appears that I am by far the biggest, and/or craziest, Star Wars fan in New Zealand. Or perhaps just the craziest Revenge Of The Sith fan? Donno.

I have seen it nine times to date. It's SO good! The opening space battle and the Grevious vs Kenobi fights are amazing! I'm not sure why I love this Star Wars movie so much. Perhaps the colour palette, the darkness, or the emotion? Better than even Empire in my opinion, which is saying quite a lot really.

I saw The Phantom Menace once, as it was, ah, excriment. I went to see Attack Of The Clones three times. AotC was a whole lot better than TPM but still lacked something. It did however add my favorite SW vehicle, the Republic Gunship.

My workmates didn't believe me at first, until they say all the ticket stubbs. I bought the soundtrack the first day it was available at the CD Store near my work. I often listen to it while doing paperwork. So much so my employees are sick of it. :p Good thing I'm the boss.

Nine viewings has been a wee bit expensive but worth it! Won't be on the big screen forever you know. I'll probably see it a few more times yet too! :p

A November DVD release date, eh? SWEET! Can't wait.

I did catch the Falcon on the lower level the first time. What are the other Easter Eggs?

Now after my small rant at how good RotS is, I did dislike a few things. Seems that Palpatine's turning of Vader is like flipping a switch. I wish there was more of a duel when the four Jedi Masters show up at Palpatine's office. The death of Mace Windu is amazing, except when Palpatine flings him out the window. Why? Just smash him against the wall, no need to send a flaming/flickering africian American Jedi Master out into the lower levels. And my final gripe, as with AotC, the love story between Padame and Anakin isn't particularly convincing.

AND ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE...

I recently aquired a copy of the first season of The Clone Wars Mini-Series. Two things. Firstly, did anyone else notice that NONE of the Republic Gunships have ball-turrets hanging out of the cargobays? And secondly, who is the warrior that commands the Trade Federation's biker-droids? The one with the blue Malidorian symbol on his chest?

***EDIT***

Some others have mentioned which their favorites are. Here are mine:

1st Revenge of the Jedi
    2nd The Empire Strikes Back
    3rd Attack of the Clones
    4th Return of the Jedi
    5th A New Hope
    6th The Phantom Meanace

Man, what a HUGE post!

Well, back to the shadows...

20. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    The one with the blue Malidorian symbol on his chest? Durge?

21. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

Oct 8, 2002
    Is that the character Obi-wan makes explode from the inside?

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes, that's Durge.

23. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Is that the character Obi-wan makes explode from the inside?

If your referring to the the one in the movie ROTS, no.

piff, EU

:p

Why does this droid guy wear a Mandolorian Symbol? in less than 50 words - no essays please.

24. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

Oct 8, 2002
    Cheers JP-30. I have only seen the first season. My crappy 56.6 connection would take to long to download any episodes. Where did you catch his name etc etc?

I assume you are refering to Grevious, SLF. He doesn't have any symbols on him. Nice creapy yellow eyes though!

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.