main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I LIVED - I DIED ... the GUSHER thread ... let this be

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by episodenone, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    let her rip!!!

hopefully for the next 30 days i can take pride in having created this thread.

personally - i freakin loved it.

i kept forgetting to breathe.
    i kept thinking i would cry.
    had perfect seats.

sat in between my best friend and an awesome girl.

redemption it is!!!

maybe not perfect -- but god damn good enough for me!!!

2. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    This is, by far, the best movie I have seen in a long time. That's all I have to say at the moment.

3. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    It was simple unbelievable. The final hour had to be the best hour of Star Wars ever.

4. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I haven't seen it yet, I am at work, it's 9 in the morning here in Spain and my tickets are due for 19:00, that´s ten hours of not being able to do anything apart from thinking in how it will be. Last night I stayed awake until three in the morning finishing LoE and guess what, I am not sleepy in the slightest!

Thanks for your comments about the movie... if this ten hours don´t go by FAST I think I´m going to have a heart attack!!!

5. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Be cautious of having a heart attack during the final hour of the movie as well. It is intense.

6. Aragorn_the_Elfstone

Aragorn_the_Elfstone Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    I don't have much to say except that I'm going to go drown in a sea of my own tears right now.

...things will never be the same.

7. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Some parts, Honestly scared me, I had goose bumps.

It was something that I never expected to feel while watching a Star Wars movie, It totally blew me away. For that reason, I am an eternal fan of this film.

For 2 hours, I really was in a Galaxy far far away...

Seriously, the surprises that this movie brought, made me so glad that I was able to remain spoiler free all this time. I found that it made a profound difference in my enjoyment of the movie.

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    wow

my theater was silent for the final hour

this was beyond words

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `Be cautious of having a heart attack during the final hour of the movie as well. It is intense.'

You didn't have one at the beginning?

AOTC was the first SW film I saw any emotion in, and that was for Anakins' confession scene. I felt alot more for the second half of the movie.

10. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    My theater was silent the last hour, but I could not tell if it was fascination or boredom. Could have been either. The girl sitting next to me was like falling asleep.

But my three siblings loved it.

11. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    My life is complete at this moment. Seriously I feel fulfilled.

12. wtehomie

wtehomie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Watching that movie was the single greatest moment in my life. I went with a bunch of my friends and after the movie was over I was standing there in awe of what happened, I'm sure they thought I was crazy. Lucas wrapped things up brilliantly.

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The first time I cried was when Padmé told Anakin that she was pregnant, then I cried constantly for the last 1,5 hours. Thankfully I had my AOTC Yoda napkins with me.

I love it, and no matter how many faults I will find with the film after more viewings that is the important reaction.

14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    My movie experience was ruined by the audience (as you can read about in the Anyone Who Had Theater Problems thread). I have to see the ROTS again before I can judge it properly. Though I am slightly biased now that I had a bad experience at the first viewing. Wish me the best I can turn it around. I do have fond memories of the movie, though. Next week- second try- second chance! Keep your fingers crossed for my poor soul.

15. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Gush is right.
    I could talk about what I loved in this movie, how it made me feel, for hours. My complaints would take a few minutes.

That last hour! The emotion, the music, the drama. This is the only SW film that you could classify as a drama. ESB would be the next closest but is still more of an action/adventure movie.
    The entire Republic crumbling and collapsing mirroring the moral fall of one man. Classic, moving and brilliant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.