main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Idea for next meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfie2012

Wolfie2012 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2001
    Theres an auto-play piano there right in the middle of the food court, let's just meet there? Seems the easiest place to find people.

Or, those people who dont know anybody can just look for the crowd of nerdy-starwars-people with blank looks on their faces. Someone's bound to wear a Coed-Naked-Lightsaber-Battle T-Shirt right?

BTW, This StarWars nerd will be there with Dawmer around 630-7 :)

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Just wanted to drop you guys a quick note- You won't have the pleasure of my company Saturday night. The mother in law is in town & her plane leaves around 7pm so we have to take her to the airport at 6pm or so. Sorry. Maybe next time.

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I think you guys need to go to a stip club.

Drag Jade :D :D :D ;)

4. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    To Wolfie and everybody else, we are meeting at the OAKVIEW mall, the one on 144 th street!!! The one with that piano is the Westroads.

WE ARE NOT MEETING AT THE WESTROADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Jedi mind trick] We ARE meeting at the Oakview!!!!!!!! [/Jedi mind trick]

AA, thanks for the suggestion! ;) Anyone else up for the nudie bar? :cool:

5. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    I am, but I didnt see any when I was down there.

6. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
  7. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Dude, just a little warning these boards dont like it when you swear.

EDIT: Yes, I am very french.

But I like it :D you may continue.

Really, I will have to get down there and show you guys how us canucks party.

How much snow you guys get? [face_devil]

8. Wolfie2012

Wolfie2012 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2001
    OK vracer, think ya need a valium :p my mistake, shows how much I care about mall architecture.

9. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Damn, Rusty finally returns, and his posted is edited away.....Before I even get to see it! Whats up with that?

10. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    He said he would be there.

And that would be admins banning him =/ should have copied it.

All he did was swear a little.

11. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    AA... man everywhere I go you cause trouble!

I apologise for him [face_devil]

12. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Be careful, for now you are safe from the mad canuck... wait till christmas mwhaha.

13. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    Oh. My

say, are we buying tickets in advance or hope to heck we would get them before they get sold out?

14. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Oh Hama... I can hear a Fuc..... in that wav cutten it close to the mark eh? ;)

15. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Jade, pre-buying the tickets is indeed our plan. Since no one else has offered yet, I'm willing to do the buying. I'll go to the theater tomorrow afternoon and buy 'em. Now, this is the head count as I've gotten from the responses:

me
    paperclipx
    Dawmer
    Yatchie
    banthagrl
    Jade
    Zo
    PrairieDragon
    nerfherder
    Wolfie
    Rusty
    Josh? He said he was going to check and see if he had to work. Can we get a confirmation?

Anyone know if Bob wanted to attend?

Anyway, this count puts it at an even dozen. Since tickets are about $7.00, this puts the pricetag at $84!! You guys will repay when we meet at the mall. Any no shows, and I'll get a refund. I'm doing this in good faith. If anyone stiffs me, and you'll regret it!! :mad:

I'll check this thread and email before I go, to see if there are any stragglers. See you tomorrow.

EDIT** If anyone wanted to bring their boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/whoever they are welcome, just be sure to post here and let me know.

EDIT 2* The showtime is 9:40. I'm thinking that we can sit at the mall and chit-chat until 9:00pm, and then make our way over to the theater. I'm sure that in that time, we can stand in line while they clean out from the previous show, get food, find seats, etc. Ok??????

16. Jade Skyhiker

Jan 3, 2000
    ahh!!! I'm only an even $5.00 cos I'm a student!!!

anyway, the plan sounds good.

agghh! I was about to buy my ticket online but they dont have a student option =( have to be at the box office I guess... I cant buy it cos I work 8-5 tomorrow - waahh!

Might as well pop that extra $2... darn college poor broke kid heh

so migth was well take that kind offer of you prebuying them and us paying you later. Otherwise, I can buy mine online...

17. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Just so you know there vracer, bob isnt gonna be able to make it due to some "imperial entaglements."

18. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Does that mean his wife said no.... I almost forgot... no smiley face shirt, First Nebraska game, gotta wear Husker gear!!! Oh yeah... Wolfie riding with me and I know how to get to Oakveiw!!! :) C-ya tomarrow!!

19. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Ya Dawmer, my wife won't let me out of the house to go and play with my friends. :_| Actually, I have to video a wedding tomorrow night. I am really bummed cause I really want to see the movie. So nobody tell me what happens! I hope everyone has fun.

Bob

20. RustyKaufman

RustyKaufman Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2001
    I put in the time on a well thought out topical post and the TFN Lucas/McCallum worshiping pansies take it down. I wonder if it was because I used the "F" word (falic?...or is that "ph"?...I suck at spelling) so much or because I trashed Lucas/McCallum and "Attack of the Bones".

Basically (and let's hope they have the courage not to take this one down...I promise not to talk about your Mother's, TFN) my post blasted the title, the prequels in general and the current mindstate of Lucas/McCallum, Spielberg, and other used-to-be's that in the past delivered my much treasured classic films. I basically (and with most colorful word use) said that I am stepping back from the prequel trilogy and easing back on my need for the SW-Fix. I will still hold the love for the original Trilogy. But short of Episode II being the most amazing cinematic experience since "The Empire Strikes Back" (a title that, while being short on imagination, at LEAST explains what happens for the duration of the film and not just the last 20-25 minutes), Star Wars will be just that...a Trilogy; not a Saga.

I also talked shortly about the Kevin Smith/GL connections and how I think that George is using Smith, as well as his own assault on Star Wars known as the Prequel Trilogy, to get the SW-Monkey off of the GLA's (George Lucas Automotons) backs. I stated that there is no way that George would let Smith get away with everything that is done in J&SBSB if not for a close relationship. I used the images in J&SBSB, the fact that Jay and Bob are going to be on the cover of the next SW Insider, and the fact that Smith basically LIVES at Skywalker Ranch lately (he got married there for God's sake...how many others do you know that can say that???), as proof of this theory.

But I will say that I was a bit intoxicated and referred to myself as The "MF'n" StarKiller (insert actual words for MF), not to mention littering the entire soliliquy with every curse word known to Alanis.

SO...in the hopes that I don't get this name and post bumped, let me just say that Oh GOD do I love Rick McCallum. He is just the best producer on this or any other planet. If ever I have the privledge to make a major motion picture, may the Lord in all her mercy see fit to grace my production with the likes of this celluloid charmer. He brings a brave and outrageuos flavor to all that he touches. Have another cocktail on me, Rick...you are so deserved.

And George...what can I say, buddie. "Attack of the Clones"....You reached down and touched my soul with that one, man. Pure gold sent on a ray of sunlight straight down from the Heavens and through the pen that gave us The Phantom Menace. Oh Glory on High may the praise of all come unto He who sent us the Skywalker. George is Good....George....is........good.

"George Loves the little Children....All the Children who buy his toys............"

-- Rusty

P.S. -- No need to buy any tickets for me and mine tonight. I have that neato Premium Card and will be picking up mine before I hit OakView. Thanks, though....May George smile upon you and yours for your kindness, sir.

21. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I probably shouldn't do this but, is there ANYTHING you do like, Rusty? Good grief. "Attack of the Clones". Big freaking deal. It's just a name. Just because the title's lame doesn't mean the movie will be, too. Maybe the name will change at the 11th hour. It happened with Jedi. Besides, we as fans, have no say in the matter. If you want a better title, make your own friggin' movie. GL using Kevin Smith? Please. So what you're saying is that Smith is Lucas pawn. Uh huh. And has the government implanted little chips in all of us to keep tabs on us and what we do?

My point in all this is I'm really sick of listening to people complain about AotC. Who cares? Why is it, if someone dislikes something, they have to try and convince those who do like it they're in the wrong? Just get over it.

You seem surprised your original post was edited, deleted, whatever. I seem to recall in the conditions of registering with TFN boards warning against use of profanity and the right to edit if & when necessary. I swear as much as anyone else, I just don't need to do it here. Actually, you're probably the only one who does. If you're ticked about something, fine. Just think before you post it. Us adults aren't the only ones who use these boards. Kids use them, too. They don't need to pick up swearing here. Let them get it at school & from their friends like everyone else.

As far as questioning the integrity of those who run the boards, That's pretty weak. I honestly don't think they're cowed by LFL and their associates. Judging by your follow up post, your original couldn't have been all that threatening. You seem to think a lot of yourself. Besides, I think you've been warned before about swearing on the boards, right?

22. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Mission accomplished. I just got back from AMC. I got 10 tickets, since Rusty said he'd get his own, and I'm not sure if he meant Josh or not, and since there has been no word, I did not get one for him. I hope he manages to get one if he is coming. And as for the rest of you, you all owe me $7.00!!!! :p

See ya'll at the mall!!!

23. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    snoochie boochie noochies!

24. RustyKaufman

RustyKaufman Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2001
    Cragrr...Seems I really hurt your feelings.

And, no....there really isn't much in this world right now that I do like (except myself, which you so eloquently pointed out already for everyone).

Look right up there under the title, "Jedi Council"....I think it says, "Discussion Forums". So let's discuss........

MY POSTS

Most of my posts, and most of what I have to say at all, comes out of fun. I tend to not take much of anything seriously unless I have a personal attatchment. Are any of us close enough to any of these topics to really get that worked up about them? When I do like something, I give it just as much praise as I would take a boot to something when I don't like it. Something that I think is hilarious is the TalkBack section of AintItCoolNews. It is a topic touched upon in J&SBSB (another thing that I enjoyed VERY much...so I guess I don't just love myself...wait.....I expressed love for the original Trilogy in my last post....Guess I love a LOT more than just myself, huh?). The fact that someone can be so enraged by an OPINION that they would want to lash out as if the person had just personally attacked them.

Do you personally have a connection close enough to Episodes I, II or III that would force you to take as much offense from any of my statements as it seems you did? Other than blind love for anything Star Wars, there isn't really anything holding me in suspense for Episode II. I realized this and it has become a very soul-cleansing experience for me. Why does that offend you? Did I condemn anyone else for their enjoyment of the Prequel Trilogy? No. I simply stated my reasons for a waning interest in the further exploits of Ewan Kenobi and Hayden Skywalker. Believe me...I will be at the first possible screening when the prints are released this coming May. I will watch the trailers and release of promo materials with interest to see how they spin the "Attack of the Clones" name.

ABOUT MY LOVE OF STAR WARS AND LOSS OF INTEREST IN THE PREQUEL TRILOGY

Something you should know about me is that I am a HUGE Anakin Skywalker fan. The fascination that Star Wars holds for me is in the fact that it is the story of a Family and how the Family Unit can fall apart and reform through the generations (probably stemming from the fact that my own family is nothing but problems). My favorite moment from the original Trilogy is that of Anakin's redemption and admission to Luke that there WAS still good in him and that LUKE brought him back from the Dark Side. In the years leading up to the announcment of the Prequel Trilogy, I listened with the heart of a child on Christmas morning as Lucas told of how this trilogy would focus on the fall of Anakin and give the reasons for that fall. THAT is what I have been waiting for. Anyone who has been following ANY of Lucas' statements since he announced this Trilogy (prequels) knows that he has always stated that the Star Wars Saga (all 6 films) is ANAKIN SKYWALKER's story.

When I watched The Phantom Menace...I felt nothing. Upon leaving the theater that night, I felt as if this place in my heart that I had reserved for the Prequel Trilogy (The Story of Anakin) would remain vacant. Now, granted, this is MUCH too high an expectation for a piece of FILM to reach. For God's sake...what was I THINKING???

And THAT is what I was saying with the last post in regards to "Attack of the Clones" and the Prequels. I feel that I have given too much power to a series of FILMS. What it matters to you that I don't like the title, am not panting with anticipation of the film, and will not hang on every word that LucasFilm feeds the masses with up until the release (which, as I said...I probably will) I do not know. You have your own love of these flicks (OBVIOUSLY). I would suggest that you cling to that and not give a damn what a moron like me thinks.

TFN LOVE

In response to my hatred of TFN...COMPLETELY WARRANTED. I am not gonna stretch on again about my reasons here. If you don't know by now, you haven't been at the meetings.

25. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    anyone else think craig and rusty missed their valium today...?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.