main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If they were to do a crossover SW book...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mastadge, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    If they were going to do a crossover SW book with one other sci-fi/fantasy franchise, which would you choose? Note that none isn't an answer. This is hypothetical, if you had to choose one, which would it be?

I'd say Predator. I want to see a Jedi deal with one of them.

2. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I had a dream where Boba Fett and a yautja (Predator) were shooting up Aliens. That one was very wierd, but I think it had some kind of story. Whuh-oh, I feel a fanfic comin' on...

3. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    What self-respecting fan doesn't know what a yautja is? You shouldn't have put parentheses there... :D

4. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Duh. Dragon Ball Z.

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
  6. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Captain Kangaroo

7. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Look, Mastadge, I was just putting it there for any people who haven't been blessed by reading the novels as you and I have been. The unblooded must be instructed, after all...

8. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    i'd like to se a babylon 5 crossover. Let's see how long a Vong ship lasts against a Vorlong(or shadow for that matter) ship. Besides i'd love to see a conversation between Yoda and the "first" one on the nature of life in the universe and the source of their power, i wouldn't understand a word of it, but still i'd be pretty good. Also i'd be great to see how the Vong react to having to fight the semi living "white stars".

A cross over with Farscape would be good. Empire vs peacekeepers who has teh cruelest soldiers. Be great to see how a scarren fleet tries to do some kind of take over

I also wouldn't mind a SW cross over with star trek DS9 dominion war. I'd be interesting to see how fast teh dominion would be crushed by star destroyers ten times the size of their largest ship. Also i never saw a star fighter on DS9 so i'd be great to see a couple of squadrons of x-wings fly up against those ships. Besdies the Klingons would probably enjoy fighting vong(and afterwards they could show eachotehr their battle scars).
    BTW a borg vs vong cross over would be good but i won't go into detail since there is already a thread on it.

9. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    The Dominion would absolutely kick GFFA's cumulative asteroids, not to mention the vong.

10. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Okay, I'm gonna get yelled at for saying it, but wouldn't those kids from Battle School in the Ender novels whup Vong tushie if you put them in charge of the New Republic fleet?

11. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    As much as i'd like to think that Ender could beat the vong.........this isn't a war about tactics......its about technology and politics...two things he never had to deal with......the only big tech device he had, Dr. Device was developed for him but had he not had it he would have lost......also...he can't do a thing if Borsk is telling him to hold back the forces even if he knows its a bad idea......if it were a straight fight...Ender would win hands down...but, sad to say...it isn't...

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Star Wars & Babylon 5, no question. J. Michael Strazinski could write it, and it would be just so cool. Forget the Vorlons or the Shadows kicking Vong butt, a fleet of White Stars would take the Vong apart- it has a lot to do with gravity drives and neutron cannons. Still, watching Kosh Naranek tear a Vong's mind apart with psionics would be worth the price of admission.

Drag-on-Brawl? You're kidding, right? 10,000 Japanese animated series, and you pick this??? What about Legend of Galactic Heroes, Gundam, (earlier ones, natch), Oooo, Dirty Pair, no that would destroy the New Republic, Crusher Joe, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Coyboy Beebop, and on and on.

13. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Saiyans are most like the Jedi with their powers.
    I love Dirty Pair. I sometimes imgined that was animated Star Wars

14. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    CooL! Kier_Nimmion...you mispell Cowboy Bebop the same way i do!......although if any anime were to do potentialy well against the Vong...i would have to suggest Neon Genisis Evangalion...Shinji in unit 01 could literaly kick the Vong's hindquarters and he himself could be half a mile away in the head of the Mech!!!

15. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Yah, that is if you could convince Shinji to stop whining and climb inside Unit 01.

16. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    SW / Transformers just for the matchups alone...

Darth Vader vs. Megatron (not that pansy Galvatron)
    Luke Skywalker vs. Optimus Prime
    Ironhide vs. a Rancor
    Devastator vs. an AT-AT

and of course...

Unicron vs. the Death Star.

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I second DL's motion for DB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.