main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I'm thinking of buying a new iPhone

Discussion in 'Community' started by zOMG, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Completely avoiding the odd detour the thread has taken, my recommendation is always to find the phone that works best for you.

I am completely computer literate and can probably create my own apps if I really had the time and drive, so I have the ability to leverage all that I want out of most smartphones. And I have an iPhone (2 to be precise, but one is work's).

If you are a base user and only need the broad features, either option will work but an iPhone is probably the more intuitive device for you. If you have average to better skills most find that an Android serves slightly better.

But then it depends on what exactly you use the phone for. For me I can use all the simple features I need from a smartphone and have access to all the files I need without issue (seriously, Dropbox and other cloud based solutions make this happen) and most of the editing of files I do is in complex documents that require the full suite of a desktop/laptop platform. With iCloud all devices I have automatically synch certain content. There is some music on this phone, but given the size of my collection (it doesn't fit on my iPod Classic) it's barely any so storage space isn't at a premium.

Basically work out what you want and what you can/will pay and then find the phone that best suits, no matter which manufacturer.

Bacon164 and DarthTunick like this.
  2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm an Android Phone. ----------------- I'm an iPhone.

[​IMG]

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    clever

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    eye phone

6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Just get whatever works for your needs. Never understood people being so fanatical about defending one huge moneymaking corporation against another huge moneymaking corporation.

Bacon164 likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I like my phone just the way it is.

On silent.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

I am leaning heavily towards an iPhone. A few folks I have spoken with, some tech savvy, did not like the Android. And I see I can get an iPhoneXR for $10 a month. this thread is 6 years old. I'm sure people have more experienced opinions.

Juliet316 likes this.