main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA IMAX trip!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by whipwarrior, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    I had a GREAT time!!! Everything went better than I could have possibly hoped for! Everybody was just so wonderful and enthusiastic, and we got along great. I think our little club is a winner! Hopefully we can recruit more members. I can't wait to see the pictures, both ours and the ones that Minacia Brightstar took in the IMAX auditorium!

We should create a Yahoo group for the Middle Georgia FanForce. Once we finalize our name, we can sign up for a free message board: (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MaconClones) I can get this started, as I am the moderator of the VickiLewis group, and I know everything about Yahoo groups. We can design a customized logo for the main page (like the one I designed for the VL group), post all of our group meeting pictures in the Photo gallery, and send out meeting updates via Special Announcement.

Guys, I can't wait for November 12th, (that's only 8 more days from now!) and subsequently, our third and most official meeting, where we can discuss the Attack of the Clones DVD! Charles, you are definitely right- we need to hold the next meeting someplace where we can run the movie on a large screen (maybe the folks at Georgia Music Company would be so kind as to help us, or possibly Sears at the Macon Mall, with their Sony widescreens!) Oh, and we also need chairs and other places to sit, and plenty of soda! If anybody can get hold of a 35mm film projector, I'd be happy to donate my never-before-used "Black Eyes" trailer for our viewing pleasure. We are so AWESOME!!!

May the Force Be With You!

-Dale

P.S.- We're very priveleged to have exclusive copies of Bantha Tracks #0. According to what I've read, the newsletter will be a quarterly publication, only available to SW Insider subscribers, which means that Bantha Tracks will not ship with issues in bookstores.

P.S.S.- Could somebody give me what's-his-name's address so that I can mail him his copy of Bantha Tracks? (sorry, it might take awhile for me to learn everyone's name!)

2. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    A report on the SECOND Middle Georgia FanForce Organizational meeting:

Sabrann, WhipWarrior, Smiling Otter, LitlleJedi and I met at the Barnes & Noble for coffee and doughnuts. Grand Admiral Jedi stopped by to see us off. While waiting for all members to show up, we went over some ideas for the name of the group and a possible logo(should it be decided that we are the "Macon Clones").

Sabrann and WhipWarrior(our newest attendees) were formally introduced to the rest of the gang. WhipWarrior shared his AOTC issue of Cinefex with everyone before we loaded up to head off to Hothlanta (err, ATlanta). On the way up, WhipWarrior and I were treated to a viewing of "Thumb Wars" courtesy of the TV/VCR in LitlleJedi's van.

Once at the Mall of Georgia we picked up our tickets and headed to the food court for a quick bite to eat. Sabrann went to the concession area were she snapped many a picture for posterity and our future website(we'll have those onliine soon).

After the provisions we headed to the theater. We ran into Minacia(the lovely Minacia) and introduced ourselves, posed for a couple of pictures and grabbed our copies of Bantha Tracks.

After being totally blown away by the spectacle of AOTC IMAX we hung around the concession area and bid farewell to Sabrann who had to brave the I-85/I-285/I-20 traffic back to Central Georgia to prepare for the GA-FL game. ;) The rest of us hung around and talked costuming with Derek from the 501st before heading to the toy stores. After making the toy store rounds we headed for the homestead. The entire trip back we discussed the day, great movies and other general geeky topics that would make Blaine Capatch proud.

What a great time.

Special thanks to Mrs. LitlleJedi and Mrs. LitlleJedi's Mom who braved the geekiness and drove us to and from the Mall. Also to Mrs. LitlleJedi's Mom for allowing us to use her van (with that cool automatic door).

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I am very glad y'all had a good time, and I was very pleased to meet all of you. :)

I do wish that I could have hung out with all of you after you saw the movie, but I had to return two very nice German Star Wars fans to the MARTA station, so I did not have the opportunity to speak to your group as much as Iwould have liked. Hopefully, we will soon have a chance to meet again. :)

I do have one great picture that I took of the Macon group. I hope to have it posted soon. Any of you can send an e-mail to minacia@hothlantarebels.com and I will send the picture to you. :)

4. litllejedi

litllejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2001
    The unforseen bounties of the trip.

This was indeed a bountiful event revealing new friends and members, wealths of information from fans and unbelievably large jedi masters, insights from every direction, and alas a revelation. It turns out that after beholding the beautiful costumes of the 501st, Misses Littlejedi (brace yourself) is interested, nay excited about the idea of costuming. She has subsequently chosen Zam Wesell as her alter ego. Who knew this would be such an enduring experience?

BTW, if your wife tells you she is interested in costuming, immediately suggesting Oola or slave Liea is NOT encouraging.

5. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    It just isn't fair.

;)

6. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    You married well, dude. Just make sure she goes as "pretty" Zam not "icky" Zam. You should make a Jango suit to go with it. (In the comics there's more than a hint that they've been "friendly" in the past.)

7. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    I thought the same thing Otter, and thats what I will eventually end up with but it turns out that is going to be the easy one. Its Zam that is going to be nearly impossible. There is a reason you don't see many of her out there. As for the icky Zam, we were thinking of both actually. Her idea was to do the icky paint beneath the veil and normal above. She hopes to get a little shock value from the kiddies.

8. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    Found this pic as reference, though you've probably already seen it or similar ones:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Episode_2/Characters/Zam_Wesell&image=aotc-zam_wesell_lg.jpg&img=&tt=

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    TF.N has an entire section devoted to Zam in their media section.

Check it out

HERE

10. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Here is a link to a brand new picture of Zam Wessel at starwars.com. It would be a good still reference to use when helping your wife create her outfit. (I used many production stills, as well as the movie itself as a guide during the process of artificially aging my Wested Raiders jacket)

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2002/11/imageattack20021107.html

11. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Might anyone be interested in a Thanksgiving weekend trip to Atlanta for another AOTC IMAX viewing?

12. litllejedi

Sep 29, 2001
    I am all up for it. I can't twist GAJ's arm hard enough to make him go. I will be in Atlanta for the weekend anyway so it should be no problem for me. I will give you a call to work out details.

13. Smiling-Otter

Mar 21, 2001
    I'll be on the wrong side of Atlanta unfortunately. But, I reckon that twice on IMAX will have to do.

LittleJedi - If Zam doesn't work out, if I were you, I'd suggest Aayla Secura...

14. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Good idea, however, I will be unable to break away to get to Atlanta for it......if yall go, hope you have fun.

15. Grand_Admiral_Jedi

Grand_Admiral_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    LJ, I'm a busy man unfortunately. But I do have a confession to make, I did finally get a chance to see SW:IMAX last Sat. I would have contacted you, but I ended up getting a chance to go with this girl I've liked for a long time. She's from Kentucky but lives in Georgia.

I hope you can forgive me. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

I actually could do something Friday if anyone wanted to. I'm off and have no family to be with. Sniff, sniff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.