main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In your opinion. Who's the most powerfull, or will be, force user.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi-Master-Durron, Aug 30, 2001.

?

In your opinion. Who's the most powerfull, or will be, force user.

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Luke Skywalker

28.9%
  2. Anakin Skywalker

30.1%
  3. Obi-Wan Kenobi

1.2%
  4. Qui-Gon Jinn

1.2%
  5. Emperor Papitine

4.8%
  6. Anakin Solo

7.2%
  7. Mara Jade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ben Skywalker

14.5%
  9. Yoda

9.6%
  10. Mace Windu

2.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Master-Durron

Jedi-Master-Durron Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2001
  2. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Luke.

If yoda's the most powerful, why did he run off and hide like a coward instead of defeating Palpatine?

Same question for Kenobi.

And Luke bested his dad.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Same old freaking polls and topics in Lit...

I'm really getting sick of this place. No offense to anyone in particular.

4. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    well possibly Yoda and Kenobi decided to go into hiding to prevent them from using the dark side to defeat Palpy. they needed someone with a stronger connection to Vader, namely Luke, to arrive at the proper outcome. imagine what kind of repercussions there would be on the galaxy if someone as powerful as Yoda fell to the dark side. they probably didn't want to take that risk.

remember, Obi-Wan tried to get Anakin/Vader to turn back and help him defeat Palpy, but he was unsuccessful.

but who knows. :) that's just my theory.

5. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker because he is the chosen one and all that stuff about having a midi-chlorian count that is off the scale.

6. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker, no question.

He didn't kill Luke because he couldn't bring himself to kill him.

7. AnakenSolo

AnakenSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2001
    Ben Skywalker was born by two of the most powerful Jedi ever. So you can't say that he won't be able to kick vong butt by the age of 4.

8. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Luke did not "best" his dad as someone said. Luke could never defeat Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - instead, Luke chose to try to bring out the good in his father and actually not fight.

9. Gasgano_of_Earth

Gasgano_of_Earth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    chosen one must mean something. Anakin Skywalker.

10. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Yoda and Kenobi could beat Luke without breaking sweat. They were not scared to go to the darkside but knew they would loose. Luke had a chance to beat Vader because he was his son and Vader could not hurt kill him and maybe he would turn back and fufill his destiny. Vader could beat anyone he thought against he destriyed the jedi then he went and destroyed the sith.

11. ShadowChaser

ShadowChaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Hey, you guys forgot Kyle Katarn! I mean come on, he defeated Jerec, who had the power of the Valley of the Jedi at his command. "The eradication of star systems in the blink of an eye will be in his grasp" was defeated by Kyle!

However, I admit, that was a little faky. If Jerec really had poiwer to destroy star systems, I think he could have dealt with any single Jedi, especially a self-taught one.

On the poll, I thought it was a tie between Vader and Palpatine. I voted Palpatine, but afterwards I realized Vader defeated Palpy. However, then I realize that Vader only could do that because Palpy was exhausted from frying Luke. So I guess it is rather a tie.

12. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Palpy didn't seem to tired to me, but anyhow..

Anakin v.1. He was created for the sole purposde of elimintating the greatest threat ever to the Force: Palpatine. Keep in mind that Palpatine was the only beingever powerful enough to unbalance the Foerce. And as Anakin was meant to destroy him, Anakin's gotta be more Force-strong, right?

13. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Hey, you guys forgot Kyle Katarn! I mean come on, he defeated Jerec, who had the power of the Valley of the Jedi at his command. "The eradication of star systems in the blink of an eye will be in his grasp" was defeated by Kyle!"

Jerec was indeed powerful, he was, "the one who's powers rivaled vaders."

When he tapped into the valley his powers were higher than even palpatine's

As for the eradication of planets, or thinking people out of existence, that ability was only unlocked if jerec assorbed enough power.

as for kyle, Yes Kyle was indeed powerful, thanks to his Heritage of being a "chosen one" to fulfill a prophecy(see the audio drama luke, and kyle talk.).

"However, I admit, that was a little faky. If Jerec really had poiwer to destroy star systems, I think he could have dealt with any single Jedi, especially a self-taught one."

It's not fakey, kyle was like anakin skywalker in that both were chosen ones, both were quite powerful.

As for self taught you are far from the truth.
    1. His father learned of the prophecy, and knew his son was the one to fulfill it, so when kyle went to the academy, morgan payed money to have kyle taught by the best swordfighters money could buy, making him one of the best in fighting styles.

2. Kyle amaturely practiced some of his force powers within the academy, while it's not much, it was practice, and practice improves one's abilities. Jerec even sensed kyle training and even offered him a chance to become one of his pupals. there was also the chance that kyle would have ended up a royal guardsmen.

3. Kyle was trained by Rahn's Ghost, for more than a week before the battle at ruusan. Which gave him closer connection to the force, and increased his abilities with the lightsaber(which was already formiddable with his background in swordfighting stances).

4. Kyles' alter ego(kyle was reincarnated from a warrior of the Battle of Ruusan), Tal, reintigrated itself into kyle's psych, and talked to him, and gave him even more skills.

5. A darkside spirit talked to kyle, teaching him even more skills, but of darkside nature(which kyle used twice).

6. finnally, the fact he was the chosen one, of the prophecy of ruusan, increased his power.

7. One of the powers unlocked to kyle was the same power, used by nomi sunrider, to block ulic qel droma from the force. Kyle did it to jerec, making him not much more than a blind old man.

14. Darth_Anonymous

Darth_Anonymous Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker, He was the Chosen One.

15. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Not the only chosen one, :D.

16. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Luke Skywalker, the one who I believe that Episode III will reveal to be the true Chosen One.

17. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker..

18. Cowboy_Jedi

Cowboy_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    "Anakin is the Chosen One, not Luke.."--George Lucas

Luke helped with the prophecy, but is in no way the Chosen One of anything!

19. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    "Luke did not "best" his dad as someone said. Luke could never defeat Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader - instead, Luke chose to try to bring out the good in his father and actually not fight. "

Um...what? Did you not watch Return of the Jedi? Where Luke knocked the snot out of Anakin and cut his hand off? The fact that he was using the Dark Side is irrelevant to this argument, because Anakin was too. Luke was far too powerful for Anakin to contend. Even Palpatine said "The son of Skywalker must not be allowed to become a Jedi....he could destroy us." Luke was, is, and always will be, more powerful than his father.

JMA

20. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Ok Luke is good but he is no match for Vader. Luke in ROTJ was fighting a man who was blind to do the force Vader had a conflict like Luke said he could not use the lightside or darkside. Luke himself 'you could not bring yourelf to kill me then and you can't now'. This implies he knew Vader could kill him. Vader was a mach for the emperor Luke got wiped and had no chance. Vader killed the emperor Luke withered in pain. Vader destroyed the jedi and even Yoda was scared of him'powerful jedi was he powerful jedi'. If Luke weren't Vader's son he would have been dead in seconds.

21. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Vader may have been fighting his internal conflict, but so was Luke, he was facing his father and like he said in the beginning he couldn't kill his own father, finally at the end, Luke showed that he could whoop his father's behind. Had Luke not shown mercy for his father then Vader would have been dead, and since this is the EU forum, I believe EU does count and what Luke has done throughout the EU shows that he is by far stronger then his father. And Vader didn't really show any restraint in destroying his son when he aimed that lightsabre at Luke.

"If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!"

But my belief is that my little Benny-Boy will be stronger, in the Skywalker family, it seems that Force strength grows stronger with each generation.

And Sturm is right, these polls are getting old, and especially those Who's Gonna Die threads as well

22. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I change my opinion.

Vader is a failure and thus unable to touch his destiny however his children thus take Vader's destiny by their hands and exceed him in all things.

Vader's destiny was to bring balance to the Force and he suceeded but only with Son's help and that cost him his life.

Luke however has defeated his father and while his lightsaber abilities are not perhaps as strong as the Jedi of yore or were not he has gone far beyond even Yoda in terms of sheer power and lore.

No other Jedi Master has passed from the Light to the Dark and the Light and survived to tell the tale.

No one has touched so intimately the levels of poverty, wealth, power and powerlessness, love and celebacy, devotion and betrayal than Luke.

Not only is Luke the most powerful Jedi but he is the most powerful Jedi that has ever lived and ever shall Live...accomplishing in months of training (as opposed to Obi Wan's 33 years) what the Entire Jedi Knighthood could not.

He is the greatest of all

23. GaMeCuBe182

GaMeCuBe182 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker is obviously powerful in the Force, but he went to the dark side. He could've been more powerful if he stuck to the light side. I still think that Luke is the most powerful. I haven't read that many SW books, but I don't need to because obviously he's one of the strongest. If Lucas portrayed him as the protagonist in the movies, then he ought to be the strongest or at least one of the strongest. I personally think that Anakin Solo has tremendous potential and so does Ben Skywalker.

24. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Yoda.

He just lives too much longer than any human for the Skywalkers too reach his ablities.

25. AnakenSolo

AnakenSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2001
    Ben Skywalker Rules!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.