main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Indy Fans?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Jun 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    How many of you out there are also fans of the famous Dr. Jones? Seeing how this is the 20th anniversary of Raiders.

2. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Sorry. Can't talk now. Being chased by a giant boulder...

3. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Indy rules.

4. LuneKell

LuneKell Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    Rumor has it that both Sean Connery and John Rhys-Davies have signed on the dotted line for Indy 4. Currently, there are two hang-ups: Finding a script everyone can agree on and clearing everyone's schedules at the same time. But now that Spielberg is finished with AI, things might be looking up, although I think Ford's tied up at the moment filming something or another.

Kate

5. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Sadly, I just read (TFN I believe) that the whole Indy 4 project is on the back burner now. Lucas hasnt been able to work a deal with Paramount and until he does, he cant hire a writer (?). And without a script, no Harrison. Pretty viscious cycle. So what was supposed to be Ford's main 2002 project is now in limbo. Who knows when we will see Dr. Jones in action again. All I do know is that according to everyone involved, Harrison Ford included (surprisingly), this is something they really want to do, but its stuck in Uncle Georges lap, and we all know what has his full attention right now.

Mark

6. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Spielberg's next project is "Minority Report" with Tom "Is he or isn't he?" Cruise.

I am pretty sure that Lucas is trying to secure the same type of deal with Paramount that he did with Fox over "Star Wars" and they aren't going for it. A lot of people forget that Paramount ownes the rights to any and all future Indy projects. Until they say no, Luca$ (and the project) is stuck. Paramount can do whatever they want with the films...LFL only ownes the name.

Peace and love.

-- Rusty

PS -- And yes...I loves me some Indy and come end this year, I will love me them DVD's.

7. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    Today from SciFi.com

New details are emerging about the development of a fourth Indiana Jones film, the New York Post's Page Six column reported. Paramount Pictures confirmed to the paper that it's "given the green light to look at scripts." But the column added that at least three scripts have been written, with rumors that the story concerns Indy's search for the lost city of Atlantis or his quest to find a long-lost brother. Both Lucas and Spielberg reportedly want writing control.

"Paramount had meetings last week about the movie," an anonymous source told the Post. "They want the original credits--George Lucas producing, Steven Spielberg directing and Harrison Ford to star. ... Harrison wants at least $25 million, plus some of the back end, and George and Steven have said they will work for a lesser fee than usual, but want a big portion of the movie's proceeds. The entire movie is going to cost them $150 million, and Paramount can't figure out how it's going to make any money with all three of the big names demanding money off the back end."

The Paramount spokesman told the Post, "There is no budget yet, because there is no script. Harrison Ford will most likely get $25 million because that is what he is getting for some of his other movies." The Post added that Sean Connery has recently expressed his interest in returning once again as Indy's father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.