main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy4 is official. Will they make an Indy5?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by darkestjedi, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkestjedi

darkestjedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    Us Indy fans have anticipated another Indiana Jones film for over a decade. We know now that one is being made. Unfortunately, Harrison Ford is getting older, like everyone else. One actor can only have so many face lifts, tummy tucks, oh I could make a list!! As much as most Indy fans think that Harrison is the only Indy, this could be the final chapter. I have a feeling that Harrison will pass his hat down to someone else(if any knowns, please comment).

If you have any rumors,thoughts etc. tell them.

2. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    No, they should stop at 4. Harrison Ford is the only one who should play Indy. I can't even imagine anyone else playing him as good.

3. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I think Indiana Jones 4 will be the last one Harrison Ford does. Age is slowly catching up with him.

4. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    I hope 4 is the last. If Ford can't play the part, the movie shouldn't be made.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    First up I don't know if an Indy 5 is a good idea. But if it was to be made, I'd go and see it.

Second up, is Harrison Ford retiring from acting after making Indy 4?

If he isn't retiring, then why on earth would a replacement actor need be found for future Indy Jones movies?

People get older, including action heroes. What's the big deal if Indy is old, played by an old actor?

6. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Exactly. That's why the Star Trek movies with the original cast works, they play their age and it's incorporated into the characters.

Space Cowbowys is another great example. Gimme the old veteran good actor instead of the flavor of the month just pretty face any day.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I really really really really doubt Indy5 with Harrison Ford will ever get made

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope that Indy 4 is the last of the Jones movies. If they want to have a few novels, no problem, though. I think that the movie life of that series needs to end.

Older Indy wouldn't be Indy without Harrison Ford.

9. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    I think he was talking about Indy passing down the fedora down to his son. There has been rumours that that would be used to keep the franchise going.

10. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    If they make more than one, they might want to make them as close to the same time as they could, but with how long it's taken for them to get this story, I don't know how they would get two more so fast.
    On the other hand, as it was previously mentioned, there have been plenty of movies where, ahem, more mature actors have done stunts, etc. It's a matter of if they can get together (it has been quite a job to get them together now), get the stories, that kind of thing.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  12. Space_Cadet

Space_Cadet Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2003
    I feel bad for posting this since it sounds like conjecture, and especially since I don't have the source material on hand to prove it, but I have a book on Harrison Ford films which I believe I left with my brother in Michigan that sort of gives rise to hopes of an Indy V. I promise I will try to get the exact quote as soon as I can, but anyways, in the book they talk about Speilberg agreeing to do Raiders and then being a little bit squeamish about it after Lucas informed him that he planned it as a 5 part series. Now this may have been true in the early 80's, but as an Indy fan, I hope it's true. 4 seems like such an akward number to leave it on. Either do 5 too, or leave it at The Last Crusade. I will get back to you all on this.

13. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    What? Indy 4? I am sooo lost!

14. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Lets just get Indy4 out of the way. Indy5 are you joking? He (Dr. Jones / Harrison Ford) would be so old he could play the part of a mummy if he drags the franchise any further.

15. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    It pains me to say it, but I also agree that 4 should be the last...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.