main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    About that "riiiiiise" line: great! This is going to be a movie with a lot of action, so don't waste time talking!

On the other hand, Eminem could've used a line too: I've made the real Vader, all you other Vaders are just imitating! Won't the real Vader please stand up, please stand up :p

2. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    Hey guys, I just watched the hyperspace Trailer and I must say the digital artifacting in the sound makes it near impossible to tell whether the voice of Darth Vader says "Yes, Master" is JEJ or not. Unless someone has a very clear audio sample that is not so compressed and "digited", I don't think there's any reason to assume that the voice is not JEJ (probably just an old unused sound from earlier movies).

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Its going to be the best movie,the Teaser was amazing.

4. jedi_master_is_back

jedi_master_is_back Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2004
    The best part was, "Lord Vader", "yes Master", "Riiise"

Those words are going to be repeated throughout history.

5. Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005

Obi-Ish_Kenobi_2005 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2002
    Everyone see the crabs walking past the lava on mustafar ?

Are they being ridden by geonosions with some kind of special apparatus on their backs ?

I know what would geonosions be doing on mustafar ? But look at the trailer and you'll see they look remarkably similar.

6. Unkar's Muffins

Unkar's Muffins Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2002
    You know what else is creepy?

Sidious said "Riiiiise" just in the same fashion as he said "Death Staaaaar" in the newly reshot scene of him in ESB.

Anyone else notice that?

7. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Great friggin Trailer! I hope there will be another one this month.

That shot of Anakin choking Obi-Wan instantly reminded me of Vader choking and breaking that guys neck in ANH.

8. Wazim

Wazim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 1999
    It was all right and different from the preceding teaser trailers, the space battle looks promising however I'm not going to get overexited just yet. Already been disillusioned twice before.

9. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Nevr mind.

10. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    I'll preface these comments by saying that I'm fairly certain that the movie will be awesome, however I have to say that I thought the trailer was adequate at best. I personally feel that less is more. When your making the final chapter in the most famous movie franchise of all time you don't need to sum up the events to date. I think it's fair to assume that most people know the score. I think a trailer similar to the 'Breathe' campaign would have been far more effective. A simple trailer opening with Vader breathing followed by some quick intense action shots from the movie and then ending with the shot of "Evil Anakin" would have been far more effective. But that's just my opinion....Again, I'm sure the movie will rock.

11. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    This just in!

"Samuel L. Jackson is punked by Gollum!"

:p

How did Sidious get so...nasty looking in such a short time?

12. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    I dont know if the crab riders are Geonosian. They look very thin and their arms are very spindly, also, their faces look a bit like Wattos, what with that trunk.

13. Yoda_Jedi_Luke

Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    heh, heres something i knocked up on paint -

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v165/steven_st/Sitheyes.bmp]

14. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    That picture sux... It looked way better before.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    *watches the teaser for about the 10th time and starts to drool for about the 10th time*

16. BespinPlayerzClub

BespinPlayerzClub Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    How long will the actual movie be? Seems like to tie up all the loose ends, GL will need to make the running time at least 3 hours???

[image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40492000/jpg/_40492803_sidious.jpg]

17. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    From what I've read my understanding is that the movie will be somewhere around the 2 to 2.5 hour mark.

18. CaamasiJedi49

CaamasiJedi49 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    "Officially" speaking, Lucas is aiming for 2 hours. It is in my opinion that it will probable be 2hr 15min or 2hr 20min, about as long as ROTJ. But I could be wrong. The dark side clouds my judgement.

Caamasi Jedi49

19. The-Clone-Wars

The-Clone-Wars Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Has anybody else had the opportunity to watch the trailer frame-by-frame. If so, surely you noticed in the second shot of Mace with an ignited purple blade (where he swipes it round front of him) right before he brings the blade in front of him you can clearly see a red lightsabre blade (which he deflects) for a few frames.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah I saw that. Also if you pause it near the end you can see Anakin attepmt to Force throttle Obi-wan.

21. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I think everyone has noticed that by now. The thin that is being discussed is who's lightsaber it is. Most think it's Sidious/Palpatine's. Then some have said that Sidious threw his lightsaber (that would be tight).
    Another thing that is being discussed is whether the robe that Sid is wearing in his cackling/lightsaber scene is Mace Windu's.

22. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Interesting to see how many so-called "gushers" claim that a) TPM & AOTC were great + b) ROTS will deliver. How will ROTS deliver if you already like TPM & AOTC? Oh no, wait a minute. You actually KNOW they suck aha!

23. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I saw this trailer again this morning (after not watching it for about 3 days) And its as brilliant as ever! Fantastic trailer-It actually gets MORE powerful the more often you see it. :D

24. TK421-

TK421- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Hi folks, regarding JEJ's voice in the trailer,i've just watched ESB again on vhs and dvd just to hear the difference when DV said "Master" because some people have said he say's it in a sort of "deep south" accent missing out the er in master but he cleary does say "MastER".It's just less pronounced than the trailer version.Could be an attempt to make him sound younger? Sorry if this is a bit long winded but i definitely think it's JEJ's voice and will be his in the movie.

EDIT; Sorry i've just realised this should be in the in depth teaser discussion.

25. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Great teaser but confusing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.