main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Inland Empire Fanforce forum. The Inland Empire fanforce emcompasses the areas of SAN BERNARDINO, REDLANDS, RIVERSIDE, YUCAIPA, LOMA LINDA, ONTARIO and others. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Let me start off: My name is Linda, and I am one of the two Regional Support Administrators (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. The other RSA is JediRacer from the LA Fanforce chapter. The Pacific Region encompasses California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. I am 39 and the mother of three children, Leia is 16, Lauren is 12 1/2, and Collin is 10. I Collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have Jedi Robes, X-Wing costume, Royal Guard, Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper costumes, and TIE Pilot costumes. My next costumes will be a Rebel Fleet Trooper and Imperial Officer. Other than Star Wars I am interested in Nelson DeMille Novels, Computers, traveling, and flying planes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since opening day back in May of 1977 at the age of 11. Your turn!

To view Version 1.0 of the New members thread, please click here:

New Members Thread Version 1.0

2. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    I thought that I'd post so people know who I am without having to scroll through the ver. 1.0 :D

Name: Megan (Gen)
    SW Related Interests:Well... lots..... costuming(I love my jawa and jedi), sw rpging, and well I'm to tired to say more lol.... yea
    Non-SW Related Interests: Umm.. lots of things there too... darn.... I like tennis.. and acting, i love all the harry potter books and movies...i like watching and going to the movies and i hope to start costumes of non star wars things like Lord of the Rings(i love those movies too), i like NASCAR Nextel Cup.. well thats all i can think of now but i know there is more :D
    How did you get started on SW: I don't really remember, my dad and mom went to see a new hope about a thousand times in theaters and then my big brother loved watching them then i grew to love them...

well that's a bit about me... :)

3. PrincessSolo

PrincessSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2003
    oo fun!

Name: Victoria
    SW Related Interests: Wookiees, Smugglers and Jedi....lol, more specifically I love the costumeing aspects. Currently working on my first Star Wars related ones. I'm just at the tip of the iceberg for enveloping myself in SW literature. But its an endeavor I know I'll enjoy!
    Non-SW Related Interests: acting, reading, role-playing, and school....yes school, yay school! HP and LOTR of course :)
    How did you get started on SW: I got started rather slowly. I've always had so many interests, its hard to keep up with them. Batman has always been a big thing for me, as has Star Wars, but its only gotten to take the lead in the past year or so. I've always loved Han and Obi-Wan, and started getting some SW related novels during high school, having fun in SW RPG's from time to time....I've got fond memories of lightsabers and band during all four years of high school, lol. My parents enjoy the movies and we would always watch them, and I loved listening to my Mom talk about when she first saw all the films....though I never got to see it in theaters when I was little because I was a handful in movie theaters. My older sis got to go though *pout*.
    But over this past year I have met sooooo many wonderful people insanely in love with Star Wars, costuming and the like, that I've gotten swept up in the fun and am running full speed with it!

4. spacedone

spacedone Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2004
    Name: Ryan
    SW Related Interests: The Imperial Guard. There's a statement about being in red, silent, and carrying a stick that says "I'm bad. If you stare at me, I'll smack you down with this stick." Actually, I'd like to learn how to make an Imperial Guard costume since the costuming thing has recently piqued my interest.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Anime, manga, reading, and other esoteric stuff.
    How did you get started on SW: Well, traveling back when I was a boy; my parents purchased many SW toys for my amusement in the late 70's and early 80's. Mostly the action figures, Millenium Falcon, Darth Vader's chamber, the miniature sets(Hoth, Bespin), a lightsaber, and a blaster. I still have them since they afforded me many priceless memories. I'm quite my parents took me to the theater to see the movies, but I simply cannot recall this.

In regards to the novels; I greatly enjoy those novels authored by Zahn(Thrawn Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn Duology), Stackpole(X-wing), Young Han Solo Trilogy (author?), the character development was very well thought out since you really see things from their perspective. I didn't care much for the Anderson novels since he has this tendency to overuse the superweapon idea.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Name: Rachel
    Location: Wildomar. If ya don't know where that is, then Lake Elsinore. If you don't know where that is, then Temecula. If you don't know where that is, by the time you figure it out, I'll have already moved to La Jolla. :p
    SW Related Interests: Obi-Wan. He's so dreamy.... er... I mean... the Ewoks! Yeah, I love the Ewoks, they're so cool... ;) (Seriousness, I love writing fan fiction, especially about the early Jedi Knights.)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Sad to say, I love Lord of the Rings more than Star Wars. I know, go ahead and put me in the stocks right now. :p I also love Harry Potter.
    How did you get started on SW: I grew up watching it and never knew what it was. For as far as I could tell, I was watching "Another live-action Carebear movie" (RotJ) :p

6. TarikJanis

TarikJanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Name:Tommy
    SW Related Interests: Well of course the Movies! ALL OF THEM! Sometimes I actually wonder if I'm a true SW fan because I liked Episode I and II. I love the books Especially the New Jedi Order! Its some of the best SW books I've ever read. I try to play all the SW Video games I can get my hands on and I love SW RPGing.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Almost anything. I love the Alien movies...and the Predator Movies...I love most Marvel Comics and I'm into Star Trek as well. I also love music...most of it anyway. I love Family Guy and all the View Askew movies. Simpsons, South Park, and Futurama. I also Play the guitar and sing. I'm also really into costume making! I just made my first costume...complete sucess and I CAN'T WAIT to get started on my next one!
    How did I first get into SW: I don't remember...I think I came out of the womb with a lightsaber in one hand and a copy of A New Hope in the other. :D
    And that's about it!

7. bobtheman

bobtheman Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    Name:Alex
    SW Related Interests: The movies and some of the books, not much into the expanded universe.

Non-SW Related Interests: Magic the gathering card game, Film editing, A large selection of music, Star Craft, Reading, Running, Hiking, Hanging out with my Friends, Writing Science fiction, Movies(If it looks like it has a good story I will watch it) and of course eating good food.

How did I first get into SW: I remember my dad and I watching episode IV,V,and VI on tape when I was little and since then I have enjoyed star wars.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *Waves* Hi Alex!

I'm a partial IEFF member, but hey, welcome anyways! :D

9. MILLFAL74

MILLFAL74 Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2004
    Hi,
    My name is Sandy Deacon MILLFAL74

I am 48 and the mother of 4 and grandmother of 8.

I live in Fontana, CA. Not far from the Calif. Speedway.

My kids range in age from Will, 27, Shelly, 24, Chrissy, 17, and Brittany, 11. The grandchildren range in age from 8 years to 7 months old. And they are all Star Wars fans.

SW RELATED INTERESTS; They include belonging to the group Road Squadron because of the car I have which is called the Millennium Falcon. And I collect anything that has Star Wars on it. I have been a big fan since I was 21 back in 1977 when I was pregnant with my first child. My hope is to meet other SW fans that live in the Inland Empire, and in other counties.
    I want to make costumes for myself and my husband so when we go to Celebration III, we will drive the Millennium Falcon to the convention and we will be dressed as Princess Leia and Han Solo. But I need help in the making of the costumes and have wanted to meet other SW fans that could help me in doing this.

NON SW INTERESTS: I am a advid NASCAR and NHRA fan and attend all the local races. I drag race the Millennium Falcon at local tracks, but not recently because I needed to install a new hyperdrive, which we did in May 2004 but I don't have the new hyperdrive broke in yet so I can't drag race it until I get a few more miles on it. I also attend local car shows with her and won a trophy with her back in Sept.of this year. I display the car with lots of Star Wars stuff in it. I love gardening and cooking. I belong to a car club called Golden West Chevelles and El Caminos.

I attended Comic-Con for the first time and had ball meeting and getting autographs from several of the Star Wars stars. They were all so very nice. I have some nice pictures and video from it. My hope is to attend the Celebration III next April.
    I hope I can make some new Star Wars friends and attend some functions with some of you. This would be such a special treat to talk Star Wars with other people who love Star Wars as much as myself. I can't wait until Episode III comes out. I loved the teaser trailer, it gave me goosebumps. Well I will close this out now. I would love to hear from you all.
    Thank you for letting me share my story. My e-mail address is a74chevelle@msn.com.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hi Sandy! Nice to meet you! :)

11. Tink_Lady

Tink_Lady Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2003
    hola and welcome to all the newbies!! have a good time here!
    Melissa

12. odiscordia

odiscordia Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Hi! I'm DJ.. Uhm, I'm 19, and I live in Moreno Valley. My interests include video games of all sorts, SW action figures, [/snicker] water polo, Choral arts, stand-up comedy, tennis, and graphics design. Uhm.. Yeah!

Hi! lol.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hi, odiscordia. Sorry about the very belated welcome, but we're glad to have you. We could use some new life around here. :)

14. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    Name: Anita
    SW Related Interests: Toys and coloring books, mostly my kids have overtaken my stuff. My oldest has me read him books we get from the library he is 5.
    Non-SW Related Interests: cross-stitching, parenting, journaling, and more.MUPPETS
    How did you get started on SW: "Hello, My Name is Anita, & I've been a SW addict since I was ...well I can't remember. I remembering my dad taking me to the drive in.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Anita! :)

There be life springing up in it now!!! :D :D

[Old Man]I'm not quite dead yet!!

16. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    thanks so much.

17. olympic_hack

olympic_hack Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Name: Jimmy
    SW Related Interests: Pretty much everything.

Non-SW Related Interests: OMG! Is there such a thing?

How did you get started on SW: I was 5 when my dad took me to see TESB. I've been hooked ever since. I had alll the original SW toys when I was younger, but sadly over time, my Mom and garage sales made them disappear. :^(

(BTW kitchenvixen is my wife. Love ya Anita!)

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome, Jimmy! Hope to meet you both at Legoland! :D

19. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I love you, too! I can't wait to go.

20. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Name: Harris
    SW Related Interests: Anakin, Lightsabers, action figures, video games, cosplay.. other stuff I think... *shrug*
    Non-SW Related Interests: Video games, Anime, DDR, Final Fantasy, roleplaying, karaoke and alot of other stuff....
    How did you get started on SW: I saw R2-D2 in a robot book when I was 5 and loved it ever since.

I came here a LONG time ago, and stopped posting... I was REALLY immature then... So yeah, I'm back now, and I thought it would be fun to be active again since I have a new found love for SW again.

21. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    welcome !

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Harris!! :)

23. Squall_Skywalker

Squall_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Haha. Thanks XD.

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Name: Stuart
    SW Related Interests: Trading Cards, Figrues, everything SW related.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Tennis, Music, Film, usual stuff.
    How did you get started on SW: Dad showed it to me as a kid about4 years old, then played with his Naval Gas mask making Darth noise till it drove him nuts and he hid it from me!

Feel free to msg me if you would like to trade the cards if your local. i've got a few doubles and I'm after the rest.

Roll on Thursday!

25. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    welcome stuart