main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Into the Unknown (AUTHOR QUESTION POSTED - Possible sequel?)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the long-awaited sequel to Of Pilots and Jedi. Just for reference, this takes place two years after OP+J. I think the rest will be pretty clear.

Enjoy!

*~*~*~*

PART ONE

Secondary Objectives

*~*~*~*

Jaina woke up right as Kyp was about to kiss her.

It took her a very long time to realize that she had been dreaming. By the time she did, the room's other occupant, her new wing, eighteen-year-old Vyvian Remál, had woken up. "Jaina, are you okay?" she asked in a voice that was clearly tired.

Jaina shook her head, not in answer, but in disbelief. "I just had a really weird dream, Vyv. That's all," she replied, getting out of bed.

"Where are you going?" the Adumarian asked.

"For a walk. I've got to get this dream out of my head," the older pilot replied.

Jaina left before Vyvian could reply. She headed straight to the one place in Rogue Squadron Headquarters where she knew she would be alone.

The problem was that someone was already on the roof when she got up there.

His presence, though, was welcome. "Jag," she breathed in relief.

"That's Colonel to you, Major," he replied, his voice full of seriousness, but his eyes bright with mirth. He crossed the width of the building to join her. "What brings Rogue Squadron's new two flight lead up here at this time of night?"

"Couldn't sleep," Jaina replied, smiling at the mention of her recent promotion.

Jag raised an eyebrow. "Bad dream?"

"More like a nightmare." The Jedi shuddered. "Anyway, it's over now."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Absolutely not," she answered. To stop his line of questions, she closed the distance between them and kissed him lightly.

As she drew back, she saw a look of surprise on his face. "That kind of dream?" he asked, placing his hands at her waist and sliding them back to pull her closer.

She nodded silently, throwing her arms around his neck. Jag took the hint and began to kiss her, starting at the base of her neck and working his way up.

Just as his lips were about to touch hers, she sensed resignation cross his mind. "What is it?" she asked, immediately pulling back from the kiss.

"Jaina," he sighed, "I wanted to wait until morning to tell you this, but we're being sent into the Unknown Regions."

"What?" she asked after a moment's stunned silence.

"My father requested that I go back, and it was suggested that a representative of the New Republic accompany me. Uncle Wedge decided that you would be perfect."

Jaina smiled wryly. "Leave it to Wedge to try to set us up again," she laughed. "He really does want me in the family, doesn't he?"

Jag laughed with her. "Doesn't everyone?"

She shook her head. "When do we leave?"

"In about five hours."

"Five hours?" Jaina repeated incredulously.

Jag smiled roguishly. "I didn't think you'd need that much notice, but now I think I should have told you earlier than this."

"Why?" she asked, a little puzzled by his expression.

His answer was a long succession of kisses.

*~*~*~*

There you have it!

:D

2. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I loved it! Nice and mushy! :)

3. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Niiice. I like. But, um, WHY DID YOU START IT WHEN I'M ABOUT TO LEAVE? Ugh. Oh well, I'll have something to read when I get back. ;)

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    OOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I'm so glad you've decided to write more of this!!!! MORE MUSH!

5. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow, that was quick! You're so prolific Mellyanna. ;) Poor Jaina, dreaming about Kyp. :(

6. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, everyone! Thanks for reading this!

Anyway, it looks like this it actually going to be the first of a sequel trilogy rather than an actual part of the series I just finished. In all likelihood, it's going to build off of Anakin's vision in the end of Clouded Memories. (So that gives you a clue as to where this is going.)

Just dropped by to say that and to tell you that there will probably be a post this afternoon or this evening.

Oh, Freyja, it's not prolific. It's insanity.

:D

Mel

7. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Don't feel so bad for Jaina, she has Jag to comfort her. ;)

8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    And the story develops...

*~*~*~*

"What could possibly take her this long?" Jag asked, addressing no one in particular.

It had been an hour since Jaina had pulled out of his embrace and breathlessly told him that she needed to pack for their trip to Nirauan. Jag had assumed that she didn't realize that they still had an hour before departure, and he had figured that they would be able to leave early.

When he saw Jaina enter the hangar, he understood why.

She was carrying two suitcases, her hair was dripping, and his uncle was with her. Jag wasn't sure what had taken the longest, but the combination had definitely caused the delay. "Uncle Wedge, are you pestering the major again?" he asked as the pair approached.

"Iella doesn't react to pestering anymore. Syal and Myri do, but I don't get to see them much. Jaina's practically my niece, so I get to pester her," the general replied.

Jag rolled his eyes at his uncle's comments. Over the last two years, Jaina had become very close with the Antilles family, close enough to be on a first-name basis with Wedge within the confines of the military. In private, Jaina jokingly referred to the general as her adopted uncle.

"Don't get so bent out of shape over it, Jag," Jaina reproved, setting her bags down on the deck of the Racing Star. "What happened to the boarding ramp?"

Jag offered her a hand. "I didn't feel the need to lower it, since we're not taking much stuff," he replied as she took his hand and climbed up. In the process, he got a whiff of her hair, still rich with the scent of whatever she used to wash it. The smell reminded him of Ithor. "You took a shower, I see."

Jaina glared at him. Jag looked at his uncle below, who said, "One of these days you're going to have to explain that inside joke to me. I'm sick of it coming up at every dinner party and not having a clue."

That brought a smile to Jaina's lips, and she followed it up by kissing Jag. "Good morning, Jag. Miss me?"

"I missed you terribly, blue eyes," he replied.

Once again, Wedge rolled his eyes at the inside joke. "That's another one you'll have to explain to me someday, Jag," he laughed. "I'd order you to explain now, but you have to get out of here. I hope you kids have a good time out there."

Jag picked up Jaina's bags and began moving into the ship. Wedge called after them, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Jag heard Jaina reply, "What wouldn't you do?"

The general laughed.

*~*~*~*

Later!
    Mel

9. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Cute post. Loved the shower reference. ;)

10. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Two posts already! You spoil us. :)

I finally started posting my fic, Lifeline, too. I can only hope to get as much positive reactions as you do.

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I have finished the next post, but I am waiting till tomorrow to post it, in order to guarantee that there is a post tomorrow.

Eldritch, I'll check it out! (By the way, markup codes don't work in signatures.)

12. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    LOL! I guess I got caught in the act. :)
    I figured that one out myself. Oh well..I'll put it in my bio.

13. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    ::runs into thread, breathless again::

Im sorry i missed this! And dont yell at Mely for being prolific, its her posting-every-thirtysix-hours that keeps me happy! This is great mely...i get the shower refrence, but blue eyes?

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    "Blue eyes" will be explained later. I promise, it should be amusing. :D

15. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    Great post, I'm glad you'll explain the "blue eyes" joke later! :)

16. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, the shower reference was cute. Can't wait to see what "blue eyes" is all about! If this story has some of Anakins dream in it, then I guess I know (hopefully) one of the things that's going to happen. :D

17. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm back! That was sooooo cute. Sorry I haven't been around lately. IT'S ALL 8TH GRADES FAULT.. My teachers love that pesky littly thing called homework.

Can't wait for your next post.

P.S. I lied about school taking up my reading time. Irish dance (a.k.a. riverdancing) does too. But since I got a first on Saturday at competition it was worth it. I'm also curious about the blue eyes thing.

18. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Great posts!

19. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I have a lot of respect for anyone who can do that kind of dancing, Mayo Solo. If you can commit to that and school and reading here, your name goes in my book of people who do the impossible!

In the meantime, here's another post!

*~*~*~*

As soon as they were in hyperspace, Jaina had left the bridge, citing poor sleep and the four hours they'd spent on the roof as an excuse for a nap. As a result, Jag had spent half a standard day alone.

Finally, he got so tired of having nothing but a droid for company that he silently entered Jaina's cabin. She was peacefully sleeping on her side, reminding Jag painfully of the last time he'd seen her asleep. It had been two years since Kyp Durron had tried to attack her in the name of a deal with the Peace Brigade. For about five months, everyone had thought that the Jedi Master's abilities in the Force had been destroyed when Jag had beat him senseless. However, Cilghal had been wrong, and Kyp was at it again. He had never come near Jaina again, though, at least not while Jag was around. Despite this, and the apparent peace Kyp had made with the Jedi, Jag still felt a rush of anger whenever he saw Kyp. He usually manifested this by putting a protective arm around Jaina and leading her off to a secluded place for the duration.

But Kyp and his antics were far behind them, and only Nirauan was before them. Nirauan...home, Jag thought. My family had almost become part of my past. Now it's become part of her future.

It was at times like this that he envied Jaina's ability to touch the Force. He wanted desperately to know how Jaina felt about him. To be sure, he knew that she hadn't considered another man since he'd entered her life, despite the advances of practically every male in the armed forces. But lately, he'd been wondering about their relationship.

I love her, he thought, gently caressing her cheek. That realization had come to him ages ago, but he'd never actually said the words, and he wasn't sure if Jaina really knew how he felt. He loved Jaina. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, and he wanted the rest of his life to begin soon. Hopefully this trip to Nirauan would speed the process along.

After all, Jaina would be going through a ritual of courting that he'd gone through two years earlier. She'd be meeting his father.

As he left the room, the full weight of that hit him. She'd be meeting his father, but his father would be meeting her.

This could get interesting.

*~*~*~*

I hope you're all enjoying this! I know I am.

Mel

20. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    OF COURSE i am enjoying this mely...its great! I want to see how you handle the Soontir Fel/Jaina thing...they could either hit it off really well or it could be really bad...jaina uncle and aunt did, after all, kindof destroy a lot of the Chiss's ships...oh and another question. jag is in rouge sqadron now?

21. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Poor Jag, having doubts about her feelings...I hope there is a mushy 'express yourself' scene. ;)

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I hope it does too, Freyja. I would be sorely disappointed in myself if it didn't. ;)

23. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW1 That was so cute. I can't wait to see how Jaina and Jags da gt along.

24. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent post, Mel! I can barely wait to see what happens when Jaina and Soontir meet.

25. Jedi-Jade

Nov 21, 1999
    That was a beautiful post! I wish I had a guy like Jag! *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.