main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Iron Fist

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I would say drop this piece of crap :p

However, I can't help but notice the irony of the title and current conditions :p

2. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    I'll be perfectly honest. Snow and ice scares the crap out of me. I don't like it. I hate to drive on it. I hate to walk on it. I don't like to even look at it. I will post a final decision by 8:00 tomorrow morning, but if there is snow at all, don't expect me to be there.

If we do cancel this month, and judging by the lastest news we probably will, I'd say we move on to the next one. Based upon the comments in this thread the past couple of days, no one has seemed to excited about this selection.

Again, I will post a final decision by 8:00 tomorrow morning.

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, Adam's had some interesting experiences with snow and ice.

4. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I'm afraid that I will be unable to attend because I forsee a really nasty snow.

Anyway, a few thoughts that I was going to pose that you all can ponder until next month:

(1) The lastest issue of Star Wars Empire that tells the tale of how Darth Vader got back to the Empire after Yavan is wonderful. Even if you don't like the comic, pick this one up for a look.

(2) Upon repeated viewings of Underworld, Selene has now officially become my #1 favorite fictional character, followed by Admiral Ackbar, Mr. Spock, Commander Adama (from the '78 Battlestar Galactica - although the new one is pretty cool) and Commander Sinclair from Babylon 5's first season.

(3) The new song by Outkast: "Heya" is giving me nightmares of a cheerleader who has been cloned 50 times dancing around and laughing at me as I am in line for Episode III.

Peace,

Edric

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'm fortunate I have not heard it before :p

Also, in the words of Lewis Black, "I had an expectation. And it's not snow ... with lightning behind it. That's ... ****ed up."

6. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I've had that same dream.
    <ShiverS>

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, first off ... Adam, why did you make us read this book :_|

8. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Because I missed book club so much, I watched ROTJ last night. Then I watched 90 minutes of The Real World. I seriously want to go on that show. Last night, they went to a night club and got into all sorts of problems. I figured, as the resident fanboy, I could have been there dressed as a Jedi Knight and done something heroic. I wonder if the girls would be attracted to a guy in Jedi Robes?

Anyway, I hope that the next book club is not snowed out. Tatooine Ghost was a great novel.

Peace,

Edric.

PS. Preacherman, I know who your arch nemesis can be.....Darth Frosty. :) And his apprentice is Darth Cheerleader, who is mine.

9. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    <<I wonder if the girls would be attracted to a guy in Jedi Robes?>>

Edric, dude, seriously... If you're looking for girls like that, then DragonCon may be your only hope. Let me know if you need a ride down. :)

-=joe=-

10. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ Let's go. I've had a week at work that you will not believe. I think that it is time to dive full force into the realm of sci-fi and fantasy. Maybe I'll go Goth!? Who else would like to go to Dragon Con?

Peace,

Edric

11. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey Edric...I watched "Jedi" recently, too. I really enjoyed it. I watched it and thought a lot about the prequels. Pretty powerful stuff...The throne room duel (Knowing that Anakin & Obi-Wan fought side by side) & Leia remembering her real mother (Since we know her now.) etc. Can't wait for E III.

As far as "Storm" goes. I still have the final disc to listen to, but I have not liked it so far. I do realize now that Barris is Luminara's padawan. I mean this book made SURE I know it. 8-}

12. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ Yeah, aren't the original movies just wonderful. I do like the prequels, don't get me wrong. But, I guess something you have watched pretty regularly since 1977 feels more...what....familiar? It's the same reason that I have a special place in my heart for a certain other (classic) group from another saga that I'm keen on.

Speaking of books, this is not a Star Wars one, but has anyone picked up Time's Eye by Sir Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter? It's the first part of a Time Odyssey. I'm having a little trouble getting into it (not literally as I'm too big to actually fit in the book :) ) despite the fact that both favorite authors of mine.

Peace,

Edric

13. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Tuesday, February 24. BORDERS 6:30 p.m. in the cafe.

I don't believe there will be snow this time, so hopefully we can have our first meeting in the new location.

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    ... with a book that doesn't suck.

15. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
  16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    What the hell was that Edric? :p

17. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^ I was agreeing that the book didn't suck. It was quite good. Sometimes, I am a man of few words.

'nuf said,

Ambassador Edric

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, that's what scared me :p

19. Preachrman007

May 12, 2002
    Don't forget about the meeting. I finished the book today and it was a good one. It would be a shame if no one showed up to discuss this fine novel.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll be there, although I may be a couple minutes late.

21. TI9362

TI9362 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2003
    I'll be there, and, as usual I haven't read the book in question. Somebody petition Audible!! :)

I'll be glad to share my "movie shoot" stories though...

-=joe=-

22. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Arg! One of the Vice-President's computer monitors had a nervous break down, so the resident computer geek has to go in the opposite direction of Evansville to get a new one before tomorrow! :(

I'll be there in spirit!

Peace,

Edric

23. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I was there in spirit as well.

Charlie

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    The cookies at this place suck.

25. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    ^^NOOOOOOOOOOOO THEIR COOKIES ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!!!! Actually, I've only had their soup. BUT, I'M SURE THE COOKIES ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just had 3 diet mountain dews in less than a hour as well as a piece of fat free chocolate cake and I'm off tomorrow. I'M WIRED!!!!!

PEACE,

EDRIC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.