main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone still here?

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by strawbary, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I noticed no one has posted in here in over a month..... everyone ok? just checking in on ya guys ....
    if you need anything give me a shout...... we gotta revive this forum ;)

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Yeah, I'm still here, but unfortunately, the group is presently just me. I have been really busy the last few months and haven't had any time to drum up interest. If I can't in a few months, I'll step down and we can shut this FF down.

3. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I still live, I just don't really like posting on any message board anymore. Too much arguing and not enough discussion.

4. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Hey Dave, I'm from the Reading group......If you could even call it that.
    I was hoping to get some people together for Saturday, March 17th.
    I know it would be a drive ,but maybe you and Scott could carpool.
    I'll be driving an hour and a half myself.
    The Reading board is pretty much dead and the York board doesn't look much better. Maybe between the two we could get four or five people together.
    If you could respond one way or the other.
    Thanks,
    Stacy

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    If Dave wants to go, I'm up for it.

6. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    OK, so including you we now have two.............lol

7. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I just recently moved to York, PA. So, I'm still new to the area. Where abouts did you guys meet?

8. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Ok, now we have three. Rob, from the Reading group confirmed.
    Oh, by the way Scott. I assumed you were over 21. Are you?
    I should have asked that first, but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....lol

9. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    ShiriKei, We're trying to get something going between the York group and the Reading group.
    Both groups are pretty much dead by themselves so, hopefully between the two we can get something going. The date for this "meeting" is Saturday, March 17th. Reading seems like the middle ground for everyone. You're more than welcome to join, the more the merrier. Just post if you're interested.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    First off, I want to welcome Dana to the York/Lancaster Black Sun Elite FanForce.

Secondly, I would consider getting together if there's enough folks getting together. It's a bit of a trek for us from here, but then again, it wouldn't be much different from my daily commute.

Scott isn't 21, so if you were planning an alcohol based activity, that might be a difficulty.

I'd rather the meeting start earlier than 8 PM, as it would likely be really late that we got back here in York.

---If any of the Y/L Black Sun Elites would like to have our own get-together soon, I am interested in having that happen. Obviously, we wouldn't plan it for the same day as the trip to Reading.

11. ShiriKeiCelisoe

ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 8, 2002
    I'm interested, but I don't know whereabouts Reading is. If I come, I'll be bringing my boyfriend with me. He loves Star Wars and everything. I don't see why he wouldn't come along.

12. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I'm 18.

I agree with Dave, 8pm seems very late. Does a 4pm work with everyone.

13. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I'll be driving an hour and a half myself, so how about somewhere in the middle?
    What about six? If we wind up hanging out for 2 or 3 hours everyone still gets home before 2 in the morning. It's just a thought.

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I think 6 is a much better time. If we hang out for 3 hours, that still gets us all home before 11.

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Six seems to be common ground for everyone, Now we just have to come up with the " where ".
    We could something like a Fridays or Ruby Tuesday or even Barnes and Noble.
    I'm open for ideas.

16. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Hello :)

Don't know everyone, so I'll introduce..

I'm Rob.. Chapter Rep for Reading :) Like York, we are trying to revive the club.. Big thanks to Stacy for getting this meet going with York.. It would be great if we used this to get live meets going..

I'm also good for the 17th..

I had a 'place' to thow out there , but it might be a bit far for some..

I came across the information that on March 17th at the King of Prussia Mall, Who Wants To Be a Superhero will be conducting there tryouts.. :) I don't know all the detials, but I thought I would throw that out just in case.. Might be a good place to meet, eat & laugh at ppl :)

Rob

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Hmmmm, not a bad idea. The only problems might be the time, and King of Prussia is almost 2 hours away. So that's a bit of a haul for me, but I can only speak for myself. However if that is the consensus meeting place, I guess I'll be driving for 2 hours........lol
    What do you think guys?

18. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    It's from 1-3..

I know that most of you guys are driving far, so if we end up at Barnes & Noble in Reading, that is fine with me as well.. :) Just thought I would throw it out there because I came upon it.

19. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I've never found meetings in bookstores to go very well, unless they have a large area with chairs. Most of the B&Ns I've been in don't have that.

I was thinking a restaurant, as that would be dinner time and the atmosphere lends itself to fun conversations.

I know the Green Hills area pretty well since I work there, but there's not much there. Any other area ideas?

20. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Alright, How about this ,taking everything into consideration, Let's just keep it simple. What about a diner, or Fridays? Something along those lines. It seems to meet all requirements, food, seating, no age restrictions, a lively atmosphere, except when those stupid bastards come around singing " Happy Birthday". For the love of god, somebody put an icepick in my eye........Oh, umm , sorry about that....Uh yeah so like I was saying. Fridays or something like that might do the trick.

21. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Fridays sounds good to me.

22. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Friday's sounds like a good idea to me. Good food, decent prices, and they tend to be able to seat large number of people (not a major concern this time, but in the future...who knows?!?).

And, Rob, as much as I'd love to see a whole bunch of idiots...Um, I mean, potential superheroes make fools of themselves in public, that time of the day is just not good for me. If there was some way to guarantee a meet with Stan "The Man" Lee, that would be a completely different thing...

23. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Fridays is good for me.. That means us 'old guys' can get a pint, lol..

Are we still talking about the one in Reading? And did we agree on 6? We might get hit with the 'dinner rush' at that time, but its no prob with me :)

I might actually still go down KOP for a laugh or two, that afternoon..

24. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    OK, So then here is what all agreed upon. Friday's in Reading, Saturday, March 17th at 6 P.M.
    This is where you come in Rob, can you post an address? So those of us who are not familiar with the area( that would be me) can get directions off of MapQuest. I already checked MapQuest and it said something about Pottstown, but I'm not sure if that's right. Something about Rt.100 and 724? I just want to make sure I go to the right place.

25. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    np. I'll get it up by the weekend..

One thing I wanted to throw out there.. The AppleBees over here is actually better than Fridays, lol... But I'm cool with either.. Fridays has really good burgers.. AppleBees is better food-wise, if you guys think you are gonna get something more than burgers.. I just thought I would throw that out there..

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.