main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming It Printed Money! In 3D! The Nintendo DS/2DS/3DS/N3DS/Mobile Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 9, 2004.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    If the screen protectors end up being the case then you'll have to get better ones. :p

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    They worked before!

It's really hard to find screen protectors. I've only found one kind...

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Have screen protectors become hard to find? I haven't had a need to look for new ones since I picked up an original DS.

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    You can order a package of Hori USA screen protectors from decalgirl.com Or if you have a target near by, they might have the whole Hori Brand protector package (its a touch screen "filter", a top screen protector "filter", ones that go over the buttons, one for the top part of the DS, 5 in all. The button one and the one for the arrow pad aren't reusable).

Other than trying to recalibrate it, or switching brands of protectors, I'm not sure what to tell you. Is it fairly new or is it past the warranty? I freak out with my DS Lite because I've only had the new slimmer DS (the Lite) since Jan 20th of this year. I never really used a protector on my phat DS and it got scratches and smears that I wish I had been able to protect from.

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    It works!

I took off the screen protector and reapplied it...and it works just fine with and without the screen protector.

The screen was going right past the "touch screen here" thing and I didn't even press A to get past it, so I thought that the screen protector might be touching it a weird way to where it's *always* making the touch screen go off. So I took it off and it worked just fine, then reapplied it and now it works just as well.

Thanks for talking me through my crisis, guys! :p

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [image=http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/747/747599/top-25-movie-franchises-of-all-time-20061126075751665.jpg]

"Kids. Always a disappointment."

:p

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Just got one about a week ago.

So far, I've got New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Brain Age 2, Professor Layton, and Pokemond Diamond.

Anything amazing I need to get?

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Advance Wars (DS at least, I haven't played Days of Ruins yet). Tetris DS (the new modes and online multiplayer make it worth it), Yoshi's Island DS, Pheonix Wright, any Castlevania & LOZ Phantom Hourglass to name a few.

9. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    The Final Fantasy games are good, and you can play the GBA versions on the DS so you can get those too.

10. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I just got one for my birthday this past weekend and I love it. I'm totally hooked. I've got Puzzle Quest and Phantom Hourglass, and yesterday I picked up Final Fantasy VI Advance from a local Game Stop.

I've spent all day here at work thinking about getting home so I can keep playing. :p

11. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    FFVI is the only FF game that I haven't got up to and including VIII. I had it but it turned out to be a dodgy fake. :(

12. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    that's pretty lame. I haven't played it in years, so it turns out I don't remember a whole lot about the game, so it's like playing it for the first time again.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not only do we have that new Apollo Jystice game coming out, but now we're getting an Edgeworth spin-off!..and it's third person. Yes, you'll actually be walking in an Attorney game... :eek:

14. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    So I got Guitar Hero On Tour a couple days ago. It's pretty cool, if not a little painful to play after long periods of time. :p

15. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Meh. Only a few of the whopping 25 songs are decent.

16. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...this is my first experience with a Guitar Hero game (i know. I'm living in a cave), but i have to say the DS one is kinda fun...

I also picked up "Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Electric Boogaloo", and it's awesome so far..Though man is it frustrating to violate one of the 'laws' with a lucky attack :\

17. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    If you like Guitar Hero on the DS, then you should really check out the console versions.

18. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm actually thinking i might check out one of the console versions...

I had avoided it for so long cause normally i really suck at these rhythm and music-type games... Things like "Elite Beat Agents" were okay, but they seemed to demand a level of timing that was just beyond me in the higher levels.

Seems like Guitar Hero gives you a much wider window in which to 'hit the right note'. I enjoy the gameplay MUCH more then i ever dreamed.. Only reason i picked up the game was because i had some extra credit left over after trading in some titles for FFTA2..

19. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Picked up "Trauma Center 2" for the DS today...Love this series.

20. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    I've thought about trying those games out.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i find myself rapidly enjoying the new tactics game.
    i've already invested more than 24 hours in my record since i bought it a week ago.
    what i don't really care for though is how you have to finagle all of your goods out of the bizare somehow with whatever pelf you might walk off the battlefield with. other than that, i do enjoy the game quite a little bit. i also like the new slack to be found in dealing with the judges and breaking of laws.

22. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Yeah, i find i'm having trouble juggling my time between FFTA2 and Trauma Center 2. Both are fantastic titles.

And i'm learning that i'm a Guitar Hero prodigy. For some reason a bunch of the people i work with picked up the game, and we've been going head to head. I stand undefeated :p

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I want to rent the new Harvest Moon game for the DS, but stupid GameFly keeps changing the release date. First they had August 29, then they had today (September 3rd) and now they are listing September 6th, a Saturday.

According to the game sites like GameSpot, it came out last week around the 26th.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Rise, my friend.

25. Drew_Atreides

Apr 30, 2002
    Thank ye!

Just picked up Fire Emblem DS. To be honest i've always been more of an Advanced Wars fan, but i definitely find FE superior to the latest DS entry in the AW series.

You know you're in good when i'm already having to restart the first true chapter because i lost a character already :p (I ran thru the prologue no problem, and then first chapter.. I get to the boss, and think "haha, i'll just surround him with my cavalry and pegasus knight" and then BAM...One attack and one enemy phase later and i'd lost Frey!) Forgot how important meat-shields are to these games...

It's cool having healing units, too. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but i don't recall healers in the GBA Fire Emblem games....?