main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA It's 12:01am on May 18th you're in costume and EPIII is about to start OK HIT IT! the info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Deadpool, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    My thoughts on pre-movie insanity.

I like the idea of playing music and maybe a bit of trivia (definitely thanking the fans who showed up). I don't like the idea of playing the DVD clips if we get them. Some of us don't want to be spoiled before the movie starts. (Myself included) Though we could probably even do a little impromptu costume contest since a lot of us will definitely be in costume.

I didn't think the 501st was going to be doing much with the premiere since they are mostly doing hte event on the 12th in Modesto. I have asked some of my 501st friends and they didn't know about it. Keep us posted if you hear otherwise.

2. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    I tend to agree about the music videos from the soundtrack DVD, at least the parts that cover Ep III (but of course, there are 15 "pieces" and each covers different movies, and so much of it will not be spoiler-related). I suppose we'll have to wait until it comes out in the next couple of weeks to get a good look at it--I'll have mine on May 3rd! :cool:

3. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    As for the 501st, I'll ask about them when I talk with the district office again next week--perhaps they'll have a name I can Force out of them :cool:

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    I've got a name for you, though I already e-mailed him and haven't gotten an answer. Mark Chu Lin is/was the CO for the local 501st in Sacramento. Try going to thestormtroopers.com to see if you can contact anyone or if they have anything set up for the 19th.

5. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i bought my tickets so i'm set.

6. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Did you get into theater 12, AJ?

7. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i don't know i clicked on the first link.

8. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Ahh..you went the internet route. Make sure you get out to the theater at some point to make sure you get an ACTUAL ticket. I know they were selling out fast and you may not get into the theater most of us are in (11 & 12 at this point).

9. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Per the theater, tickets for all three screens are now sold out. However, links are still listed on Fandango for all three, and so the theater could not give me a definitive answer on what would happen to people who buy online from this point forward, then show up at the theater to exchange for tickets--they were befuddled, in fact, on what would happen were someone to try.

So, here's hoping all who planned on attending this theater now have tickets in hand. If you don't, get over there pronto to see if you can still get something?

Best wishes,
    DR

EDIT: Found a good link on the theater: http://www.cinematour.com/tour.php?db=us&id=11729

10. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    AJ if you get there and they can't give you a ticket, see if you can get a refund. I still have one extra ticket for theater 12.

11. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Looks like I'm going to the Century by me.

12. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    thanx rhonda but i bought 2 tickets, one for me and one for howie.

13. Thrawn_72

Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    OK, I got my tickets for Century on Ethan Way. Is anyone off on the next day? I took off the 19th and trying to figure out if anyone is going during the day?

14. Pash_Cr

Pash_Cr Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    I got my ticket for the Arden 12:01 as well but will still try Truxel; I'll go by the theatre tomorrow. I also took the 19th off work in case people want to do something during the day, or like me see the movie an ungodly amount of times.

15. Pash_Cr

Pash_Cr Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    Outrider, r u referring to Century at Ethan, if so me u and Thrawn can meet up.

16. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I went out and picked up the tix I ordered yesterday. I got Theater 13. I tried to see about changing it and they claim all three are sold out and "maybe" something can be done the night of the show.

Personally I'm still not worried.

Worst case: We talk people in line into switching tickets with us.

17. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Pash_Cr, thats the one. I'll be there with my brother and his g/f. Were getting tickets today. I'll be dressed as a Sith. Do u guys neeed a pic to know who to look for?

18. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Pash! Too bad we'll miss you at the Natomas. Hopefully we can all end up seeing this again when the hype calms down (hah!).

Any word if Devin was able to get a ticket? He was planning on getting it after C3, but that may not be possible now.

As for switching theaters the night of...*passes hand in front of other people* you want to see it in Theater 13

Also, any ideas on when we want to meet up before, if we want to do dinner or something? There are plenty of places to eat in that shopping center.

19. Pash_Cr

Pash_Cr Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    Outrider there is a pic of me from the recent meeting online. I am the one with the pink polo on. Does anyone want to get tickets for showings on the 19th since I have the day off I would like to see it at least three times.

20. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Don't get your hopes up man. I got a gut fealing that my brother won't get the tickets. He said today but didn't.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ok I am back from C3... too tired to go into anything right now, but I will tomorrow. As for now dammit, we ALL Need to be at the same place for Ep3. C'mon peeps, lets make up our minds if we are going to be a group here.

22. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i already bought 2 tickets to reagal, but i need to go get them.

23. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    Wow, will be all over the place.

24. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Did you get EP III Tix Devin?

Not all of us can see it in one place. Fact of life. But for those of us seeing it in Natomas I'm still not worried about the seating.

I'm sure we'll see this movie a few times and at least once as a full group before it's all said and done.

worry not will I

25. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Poolio,

You are a wise and benevolent soul. I cower in the almighty glory of your flatus, but I do ask that you please open a window. ;)

Well-said, bud. We'll see it all together shortly--I have no doubt. I call shotgun on center seat, mid-theater!!

(chuckling to himself, DR pats himself on the back at the wise decision to drop the shotgun now, before anyone else thought to do so) :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.