main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA IV - VI Original theatrical editions on DVD

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by LBJ, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Well I honestly never thought I'd see this happen. Unless of course it's a hoax :confused:

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/704/704888p1.html

2. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I can say with all honesty ... a) no hoax and b) saw it coming a mile away.

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I didn't expect they'd do it after so many years of stubbornness but I'm glad they are. Just common sense.

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Do I need another copy of the SE? No

Will I have any money to buy it? No

Therefore, the conclusion is: I will not get it.

I have better things to spend my money on, like doing up my house to sell.

5. Symmbian

Symmbian Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2004
    Star Wars is swiftly heading towards an interval of extinction. A re-release is the very last thing any reasonable and logical fan would either need or want. Albeit it being a rare occasion, there are some clever and unique stories being told lately. Star Wars to this day is a much endured story with a content that is well known, but told in such a way that it hopefully will never die, but I feel it will.

I often have been left in total disarray at why Lucas hasn?t done a television series before or up till now. The scope for it is enormous, and much content is there to choose from. A re-release I feel would be a final insult to me if I were the same fan I used to be. I am not however. I sense this is a marketing stop gap strategy, until as such time as the mentioned TV series abounds.

I?m not a huge fan of Star Trek, but if it?s on, I will always sit and watch it. I?m at a loss as to why this wasn?t done with Star Wars. For god?s sake why not Rogue Squadron???

Space, dogfights and you don?t really need to be anywhere near skywalker or solo to worry about an actor/actress that looks like an original cast member.

Symmbian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.