main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    You guys! I totally should be working on my thesis. So I decided that now is the perfect time to learn digital painting and complete my first one ever. D'you ever get that feeling of a picture/story just bursting to get out? That's what happened here. I couldn't concentrate on anything else. I swear it's somehow relevant to my research... *lol*

Anyway, here it is:

Jaina and Jacen, in colour!

I sketched it on paper, took a photo, and then painted over that in Photoshop. I'm really happy with how it came out, especially the expressions; I've never managed anything semi-decent digitally before! You can see a closeup of their faces here.

Thanks for looking, hope you like the twins, and... here's hoping I can get back to work now![face_peace]

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect and a lovely picture of the twins=D==D=

3. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you very much, earlybird - glad you like it! [:D]

I have a new piece to share, too. The Solo twins again, a few years earlier, and this time together with their Dad and little brother:

"Story Time" - Han with Jaina, Jacen and Anakin

This was fun - I made up all the poses and faces (well except for Han's) so it was a challenge, but rewarding! I'd love to know what you guys think.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely to see them all happy together and a sweet picture=D=

5. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you so much, once again! [:D]

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Yes, indeed this is very sweet stuff.

:D

7. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Aww... [face_love]
    Story time in the GFFA. Nice

8. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    I clicked on the link and was like hmmm, why do I feel like I've seen this before. (Duh, because I have.) It's just as sweet the second time as the first though!

Jacen's eyes are mesmerizing btw. I don't think I clicked to enlarge the picture on LJ so I didn't notice, but wow, now that I look at them closely. [face_love] The shape of Jaina's eyes is almost identical to Jacen's, and yet. And yet. There's something about Jacen.

9. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Azure - thank you kindly, my dear! [:D]

LittleMissNightsaber - well, they wrote about it often enough, so I figured a drawing was in order! Glad you like it!

LT - *lol* Thank you! Especially for commenting again. [:D] Hmm, Jacen's eyes... maybe it's because he's smiling more? He does look slightly different than Jaina. I had trouble with Jaina for some reason. But, it's pretty awesome that you find them mesmerising, thank you!

Okay, lads and lassies, I know it's been a while, but there's an update to make up for it! Firstly, another Han and Leia piece which I think I already linked to in another thread. You probably know the scene this is taken from, which I've already illustrated to death but what the heck, you can never have too much H/L, right? This time, in charcoal and a bit of colour, so the title also says what I had when I was done:

"Dirty Hands"

And, I didn't mean to draw Anakin and Tahiri, but then the guy I was trying to draw looked so much like Anakin that I went with it. So here's the new drawing - Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila, collage-style:

"The Sum Of Their Parts"

I'm going to crop some details out of the larger version and post them up, as well, in case people are interested in seeing those. I'll link to them in the artist's comment section of the picture on deviantART, and I'll throw the links up here when I get the chance as well. Meanwhile - enjoy, and thanks for looking!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely to see those pictures
    Han and Leia is a classic

And Anakin and Tahiri are so sweet[face_dancing]=D=

11. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Hey, there! It's been a while since I've checked into this thread, but your work is still as lovely as I remember it! I really love "Dirty Hands." Just awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing both of them! :)

12. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, these are amazing, Iverna! :eek: I love the Anakin and Tahiri pic, and the Han and Leia one is incredible =D=

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    earlybird-obi-wan - thank you kindly! I love A/T, so it was high time I drew them. I'm glad you like them!

Trika_Kenobi - hey, thanks for dropping by again! I'm thrilled that you like these recent pieces. Thank you for the kind words!

YodaKenobi - thank you so much, that's great to hear. H/L is still my favourite couple to draw, I never seem to get enough of them.

Thanks for looking, everyone! [:D]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wonderful art pieces, sorry that I found no time to check it sooner.

@};-

15. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you dear - and no worries, I'm pretty absentee myself these days. I'm still trying to get caught up! [:D]

16. TheBride

TheBride Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2008
    (AzureAngel2 in disguise, wearing her update sock)

I know and so is blue as well. But all of us are very busy and face hard challenges in life.

*is happy to have the bird and Lanna as good friends in RL*

So, good luck with all and enjoy the fact that you won the recent fanart challenge. May all your current RL challenges disolve that nice & pretty, too.

[:D]

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Thank you, dear Azure! Life has calmed down quite a lot now so I've had time for art again!

Okay, so this time I've got something a little bit different. I wanted to try my hand at comics, so I picked a scene from "Rebel Dream" by Aaron Allston to illustrate. It's the one where Jag confronts Jaina in the conference room after she saved his life against Wedge's direct order. I did two pages:

"Rebel Dream" comic page 1
    "Rebel Dream" comic page 2

Comics are fun to draw! I hope you like the results.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That is really cool! Nicely done! :)

I'm not too familiar with all the inner workings of creating any type of sequential art and I always found it difficult to decide how to setup each page. How do you determine the look of each section and where do you know where to place them? This is probably a better question suited for the comics thread, but I was curious to hear your take on it.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved how you made that comic with the black and white giving it a look seen in the newspapers. And a great story too.

20. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    HanSolo29 - thank you very much! I've posted over in the Comics thread and tried to answer your question there, since you pointed it you; it does make more sense to discuss it there, I think! I hope I've answered your question; if not, let me know and I'll try again!

earlybird-obi-wan - thanks! Hmm, it does look a bit newspaper-y. Especially with the paper I used, although I guess you can't see that since I messed with the contrast. In any case, thank you!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I use A4 paper that has to be removed from the archive material for my graphic novels and that gives them a newspaper ish look too.;)

22. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Another update! I know, pretty soon after the last one, but since it kind of follows on from it, I guess that's okay. Right? Anyway, it's Jagged and Jaina again - it took me a while to get this finished. There's no explicit nudity, but it features J/J in bed together, so if you're sensitive about that kind of thing, don't look. Otherwise, here it is:

"Carried Away" - Jagged and Jaina

Less detailed than usual, but quite fun to draw. I like textured, tonal drawings more and more these days. I hope you like it!

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love it [face_love] nice shading and pose and great to see them together like this.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The bird is right. You are truely great in shading and supreme lines.

=D=

I also need to take more time for your work on DA.

25. Art_deWhill

Art_deWhill Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2010
    you are very talented, great works - just visited you on DeviantArt ;)