main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo January Activity *Friday the 23 or Saturday the 24*

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by _JediKnight_, Jan 19, 2009.

1. _JediKnight_

_JediKnight_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2002
    I know that we used to have activities the 3rd weekend of the month. That would be this weekend and I don't think there has been one since October...unless I missed the November or December ones. I am wondering if there would be any interest in one this weekend. School has been going for about 2 weeks now, so I figured people should be settled into their schedules now.

Wouldn't be anything big, just to kind of get together and hang out...talk get to each other, those of use who havent met yet, we could have games or a movie. I know this may be how a lot of other activities have been, but I think for the beginning of the year it would be good to just have something basic to get to know one another.

I know it's short notice...but any interest?

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I don't know. It depends on an imminent death in the family.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Oh :( thats not good. Sorry to hear that Ish

4. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    That would work for me, and I'm available the next weekend too.

Would you be interested in hosting the activity? That would be a great help. I think some of my exhaustion and worry comes from setting up/hosting etc., and there's nothing saying that I have to come up with the activity every time anyway. So I love this idea, if more people want to plan activities. :)

5. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    I could "host" in terms of planning the activity...but not in terms of location...I currently am living in Lehi (until the end of this semester..probably sometime in april) even though I basically live on campus some days :). If we could do it at someone elses apt that ives in the provo area or if anyone knows any locations we could use that would be great. Maybe we could do it somewhere on campus.

Also if this weekend doesnt work as well for everybody I am available to do it next weekend too. Whatever works best.

6. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
    My apartment is way too tiny to host anything. Maybe next weekend would give us more planning time. What if we just met at something like the Provo Mall and went to the Cinemark or something? Or bowling? Lol, I'm a horrible activity planner.

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm guessing it's not happening this weekend.

8. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    What about just taking the time to plan an activity for Feb??? That gives everyone a bit of heads up, and will let us figure out what will really work.

9. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    We could try to plan to meet up at LTUE one of the days. It's Feb. 19-21, Thu-Sat at BYU. Is anyone interested in meeting for lunch one of those days?

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd love to do so. Probably Saturday for lunch would be best for me.

11. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Yeah...didn't happen last week because I had only gotten confirmation from one person as to whether or not they could go. Are all you that have posted available to do it this weekend? There really isn't much planning that needs to be done since it is just a little get together (other than locking down a location)

12. EmpressJainaSoloFel

Jan 3, 2009
    That could work, I'll have to see what my work schedule is. What's the LTUE?? Sorry, I'm having a huge cerebral flatulation at the moment...

13. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    http://www.ltue.org

It's an SF symposium held every year at BYU. :)

I think I'm still available this weekend. We could meet up to do bowling. We could go to a dollar movie. Or I could just host a movie night here at mine and Ish's apartment.

But we need to decide pretty soon. Sorry I fail at organization lately. :( JediKnight, why don't you pick? That'll be easier. :)

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Friday night me and Kate have plans and Saturday is my friend's going-away party. But feel free to plan for people who do have more time than I do this weekend.

15. _JediKnight_

Apr 5, 2002
    Mia and Empress, and anyone else that may see this, How does bowling or a dollar movie sound for tomorrow (Sat) night? Anytime tomorrow night works for me or even tonight (though i say tomorrow in case you dont see this in time for today)

16. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Dollar movie sounds good to me! Does only nighttime work, or would anyone be interested in a possible matinee tomorrow? Just curious.