main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi Academy: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by OnlyOneKenobi, Dec 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I really really really want an add on or a sequel to Jedi Knight 2 to be made. Raven and Lucasarts silence in this regard is making me nervous... did Jedi Knight 2 not sell well enough for an expansion pack to be made? I thought it was quite succesfull! If you have any info, please post here!

2. Skimaniac87

Skimaniac87 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 21, 2002
    You're kidding!
    Y'mean they arn't gonna make a sequal?
    All this time I've been waiting and for this announcment :(
    Oh well.
    Hmmm...
    I'm blank with any ideas.
    Have you e-mailed them about this?

3. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    JO has only been out a year... Give LucasArts some time...

LucasArts is, after all making other games, so sequels etc. to newly released games aren't that high on thier priority list. Getting the games which are under development finished, is.

4. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    The closet thing I've seen is that there were some questions in a questionare that LA sent out about the game. The questios asked if buy an expansion/sequel and what you'd like ect.

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Another sequel?

That would be what, DF4: JK3: JO2: Jedi Geezer?

Start with the PT already.

6. OnlyOneKenobi

OnlyOneKenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I wouldn't mind a JK-style game set in the prequel era, or even before that - as long as the game is primarily an action game, somewhat similar to JK2... I'm all for improvements and additions of course :)

What I'm saying is I want a prequel, sequel, add-on, whatever... just give us more Jedi Knight action games!

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hawk: I know! [face_laugh]

8. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i want to see an NJO expansion to JO. that would be cool

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    If a JO add-on is made, this is what I think the scenario might cover;

'He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy' - Further Clone Wars games confirmed

Because it would be easier to make those games using existing engines rather than building new ones, considering the timeframe these things should be hitting the shelves.

Of course a lot of people will be upset to have a DF/JK expansion without Kyle Katarn, but that doesn't bother me any.

10. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    A clone wars FPS... woooow

11. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    JK was without a sequel from like 1997 to 2001. so a sequel for JO may take a while. but yes there was MotS but it was just about Kyle Katarn if thats what you want.

12. Coligeon

Coligeon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2002
    I also received a "petition" sort of thing like pat-fett mentioned. It was pretty extensive questioning on how you would the new game to be like. What era for the story, what main character to be. I hope something is announced soon though.

13. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Outcast sequel confirmed.

homelanfed.com/index.php?id=11538?

...During Activision's third 2003 fiscal quarter conference call earlier today (you can listen to the conference call right here), execs at the company mentioned in passing that a sequel to last year's Quake III engine powered first person shooter Star Wars: Jedi Outcast was in the works to be released in their fiscal 2004 time frame (April 2003-March 2004)...

I'm still thinking it will be part of the "Clone Wars" multimedia project... [face_mischief]

14. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  16. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Let's hope this is an actual sequel, maybe powered by a new engine, with new gameplay and new weapons and new force powers.

But that's not what I'm expecting. The timeframe is off for a Doom 3-powered game. Raven is too damn close to the Q3 engine. I think they'll either make a half-assed expansion to get a little money (STV Elite Force Expansion, anyone?) or a semi-sequel based on the same engine with a few new features like they're doing with STV:EF2.

Oh well. Sorry for being pessimistic. New Jedi Knight is better than no Jedi Knight, right?

Actually, now that I think of it, Raven is working on Quake 4 which is based on the Doom 3 engine. They have that technology in their hands and may be able to make this game in the timeframe they mentioned. So there may be hope yet!

17. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > Actually, now that I think of it, Raven is working on Quake 4 which is based on the Doom 3 engine. They have that technology in their hands and may be able to make this game in the timeframe they mentioned. So there may be hope yet!

That would be lovely. If my theory is correct, though, and the "sequel" is in fact a "Clone Wars" game, (not a Kyle Katarn one), I'd expect them to be using the old Q3 engine to get the game out quicker.

When's Q4 / Doom 3 scheduled for release?

18. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Hmm... A sequel.

DF4: JK3: JO2: Electric Boogalo