main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC JEDI Australia (VICJedi, NSWJedi, etc)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Navar_Lightstorm, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navar_Lightstorm

Navar_Lightstorm Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    I'm still alive, people!

I'm glad to see there is still interest in this, very glad. The only problem is co-ordination (which is my fault, I assure you).

How about a city gathering? Considering that meeting at conventions is a bit of a struggle in terms of timing and money, I reckon this would be easier. :)

2. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    Facebook group! :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_179794382053860

3. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I don't think you realise just how funny your suggestion is. [face_laugh]

For years this forum attempted to have regular meets as required by the forum charter but they just didn't happen. As soon as someone said "let's meet here" everyone would come back saying they were busy, or studying or <insert excuse here>. Finally after years of apathy I took it upon myself to organise a VicFF meet and I had three people turn up - it wasn't much but hey it was enough to be classed as an official Meet and I PROVED that it was possible.

Now admittedly you're organising something totally different but it'll be interesting to see what type of response you get.

4. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    Yeah, it's happened to me before. Friends making excuses not to hang out, then I read on Facebook what they actually did.

Still, I'd advise people to join the FB group and assist in picking a date for the gathering, instead of picking a day and saying, "Yep, this is it" because that NEVER works.

5. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I'm of the belief that if people REALLY want to be a part of something then they FIND a way to attend.

In the end you can always pick the ones who just dick you around vs those who legitimately are unavailable at a certain time.

Anyway give the FB thing a shot and see how you go.

6. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    I made a flyer. Once I print this bad boy off, I'm going to drop it off in letter boxes everywhere. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.