main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC JediCon West Virginia October 9th

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I received this invitation from "BIGMAC" and thought I'd pass it along to folks.

I would like to invite members of the NC Fanforce "Charlotte Separatists" to attend JEDICON WV,a Star Wars convention located in a small rural town here in the Mountain state.

We have continued to have this show over the past few years and have grown to where we have to seek a larger venue.We have participation from local groups and some from as far away as VA and DC ( the DCSWCC to be precise )and who still attend every show we have done.

We are pleased to announce that the show will be on October 9th 2010 and will be held at the Kruger Street Toy and Train Museum ( www.toyandtrain.com) in Wheeling WV ! So,with that in mind if anyone here would like to attend, set-up a table or anything else for this year's show please let me know. Tables are $10 each with a portion of it,ticket sales,plus ALL of the food and silent auction sales going to CMN,Childrens' Miracle Network!

Guests Include:

Kim Simmons -- the photographer in charge of virtually all vintage Star Wars photography work at the outside design firm used by Kenner and who was ultimately responsible for images that would be used for packaging, comps (or mock-ups), some publicity images, and some of the slide presentations, has agreed to join us at this years JediCon WV.You can visit Mr. Simmons website at ( http://www.themanwhoshotlukeskywalker.com ).

John Booth will be attending and selling / signing copies of his book, COLLECT ALL 21! Memoirs of a Star Wars Geek:The First 30 Years.

Both of whom will be giving small presentations as well!

Jon Seay,an animator on the original Star Wars will return with actual pieces of the Death Star used in the film!

There will be an EMPIRE themed trivia contest,and 2 exclusives available only at the show!

Plus:

The Rebel Legion is an international Star Wars costuming organization created by, of and for people interested in creating costumes from the Star Wars mythos. Research, create, build and improve your costumes in a place where costumers with similar passions share skills, tips and ideas. Jedi, Rebel Pilots, Troopers, Princesses and even Wookiees.... we've got them all....and we're always looking for more.

We are the Good guys!!

For more info go to www.rebellegion.com

Our Local 501st chapter,Garrison Carida will be there as well!

and a lightsaber training course by the PA Jedi!

The PA Jedi are a community of people and teachers who share practical Martial Arts as well as Western bases and Stage Combat oriented lightsaber techniques,but with the exciting option of creating your own character,you can be the Hero or Baddie you've always wanted to be.For more information please visit their website at www.pajedi.com Please bring comfortable clothing and a lightsaber (custom,Force F/X,Hasbro,Broomstick,etc. ) and be prepared to have fun!!!

Thanks to all the support we've received over the past 7 years!

Any questions,comments,etc please e-mail jedicon_wv@hotmail.com with JediiCon WV 2010 in the subject line or send me a PM,or visit our website, below in my signature,for updates and information.

Thanks and MTFBWY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.