main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm surprised you get them at all.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I bracketed his posts with likes, just to prove a point. Felt spiteful.

Felt good.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Since the thread has gone full dumbass...

Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1961. Stetch Armstrong, introduced by the Kenner toy company in 1976. The former preceded the latter by a good 15 years. I know you have a hard time keeping up with pop-culture JW, but jeez, you could've googled/wiki'd stuff up first...:-B

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    the AI has been broken of late...

5. Piltdown

Piltdown Jedi Master star 5

May 3, 2002
    My Stretch Armstrong toy was amazing fun until he developed a small rupture in his epidermis and started secreting the sticky yellow syrup that was his lifeblood.

Mom threw him out when it got on the couch and had to spend all afternoon getting it off.

This digression has brought forth harrowing memories of my childhood.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Okay, seeing as this has gone full special, I'm locking this thread until we have new info about JW and Conne.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    some newish info here. this is from november.

so someone has seen her at least. no word on jediwarrior in this article but it's focused on americans. and no word on her baby either. but apparently they might still be alive?

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Being held?

You know the sad thing is, I kind of feel like this is a darker turn, if so. Being held in captivity has got to be pretty awful.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The article mentions they were being treated great. It's a hopeful thing IMO.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    he does say that he was treated pretty well, perhaps she is being treated well also. But given that part of the world I would not be optimistic.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I seem to remember reading that in some article (maybe the same), just mentioning her and not providing any detail. Didn't she need kidney meds or something? Obviously the Taliban would be able to provide a degree of pre/neonatal care, but I find it hard to believe they could come up with specific medications easily. Unless they're really common or going without them isn't necessarily fatal, I guess.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, this is why I should actually read things. In that case, yeah, that's a good thing.

DarthTunick likes this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a bit more. this is a transcript from an episode of anderson cooper that aired jan. 15th of this year. the same guy david rohde is interviewed.

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    send in beezel and J-Rod to rambo her out of there, with Mr44 providing "tactical" support, imho

15. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    In a way, it is something of a relief to hear that she may still be alive and kicking, OTOH, being held captive by the Taliban isn't what I wanted to hear.

I was going through my old photos from C3 and found one of her. Does anybody here have some contact info so that I can send a copy to her folks?

16. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I'd feel awful if she was alive and made it out to come back and read this. I'd feel very ashamed of the things I've said.

17. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Perhaps you should have thought about that beforehand.

yankee8255 likes this.
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think he's saying he feels remorse for things he said. I don't think you need to rub his nose in it.

I get what he's saying. I mean, one way to deal with a topic that makes a person uncomfortable is using absurd humor. What he's saying is, if she's actually alive, he's going to feel terrible if she reads this thread where several people were using that particular coping mechanism. The situation is so insane and unusual that a coping mechanism was necessary for several people (myself included).

19. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Don't be a mean poopyhead.

20. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm well aware of that, but there is a difference between absurd humor and some of the things which were said about her in this thread. As strained as things have been between you and I in the past, I wouldn't dream of saying some of the things about you that have been said about Conn, it would be disrespectful regardless of the situation and how well you may or may not know the people involved.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So, it's your duty to make people who feel bad feel even worse?

22. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

That was well said. Here's hoping she makes it home ok and gets the opportunity to read this thread and know that whatever anyone may have felt about her at least there were SOME warm thoughts and hope being sent out through the ether of 1's and 0's. Personally I hope that clown GenOochy she used to pal around with ended up enslaved in a Thai sex dungeon.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This thread is why we can't have nice things.

24. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    what nice things though? casual trips to afghanistan? then yeah i agree that this thread ruined that for us :(

siha, Dark Lady Mara, hudzu and 4 others like this.
  25. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    No moreso than anyone else here.

Point Given likes this.