main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kevin Smith at ECU April 5th

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by cinemafreak, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002

Monday, April 5

KEVIN SMITH ? Tickets on sale now for a lecture by film director Kevin Smith, Monday, April 5 in Wright Auditorium 7 p.m. Tickets $7 for ECU students, $12 for faculty/staff/ $20 for general public. Kevin Smith has directed films such as "Clerks," "Chasing Amy," "Mallrats," "Dogma" and the new movie "Jersey Girl" starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez. For tickets contact the Central Ticket Office at 252-328-4788

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I mentioned this at our last fanforce meeting and was met with blank stares and a "Who?" (No respect for Jay and Silent Bob, sad :p )So I didn't really pursue it, but if anyone is interested, I think I'd like to go if funds allow. I will have just blown a wad on symphony tickets two days prior. Would we have to present student ID's to get in if someone bought student tickets for us? Or could we just show our tickets and get in?

3. Boba_Fett_of_Nine

Boba_Fett_of_Nine Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2003
    I must not have heard u, I know who he is.... Thats awesome! I MUST tell my 2 friends. They love Jay and Silent Bob. I dont know too much about it other than seeing most of Dogma and Clerks the Animated Series boxed set.

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    I don't know about the rest, but I'm going to try. depends on how I'm feeling. that's a work night normally.

5. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I am currently an ECU student and am interested in going. Dal, if I can buy two tickets, I'll get you one for the $7 price. If not, I'll see if a friend will buy another one for me if they don't want to go. I'll talk with the most beautiful woman in the world tonight (my wife)and see if we have any plans.

Will let you know soon.

JMK

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'll still have to clear it at home also, though I can't think of any conflicts as of now. $7 would make it infinitely more appealing. I like Kevin Smith, but I don't know if I like him $20 worth.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    So is anybody still interested in going to this?

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Your ticket will be in your hand as soon as I get off work today.

JMK

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Jay: "Tickets? Since when did they start charging for the bus? Didn't we used to ride that ***t to school every morning for free?"

I couldn't help myself.

I appreciate you doing that man, especially considering how much it's gonna save me.

10. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    My pleasure. Was that from a movie or something? Just kidding. I'll have to rent a couple this weekend.

JMK

11. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    If you do rent any, I would suggest that your boy is not in the room for any of it.

Caitlyn saw the "Hellboy" promo this morning and started yelling, "Hellboy! Hellboy!" I think I managed to get her to think it was "cowboy," and she switched to "cowboy." But believe me, Jay and Silent Bob movies are not for the faint of ear.

12. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I did rent Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back last night. Watched it after Alex went to bed. I've seen it once before. Will Farell has the funnist part in the whole movie. Since Kevin Smith is such a big Star Wars fan, we sould wear our Star Wars t-shirts. Just a thought.

JMK

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Well I have to say that was quite the colorful show. Somewhere between discussing how you shouldn't go "@ss to mouth," asking a guy to pull out his "uncut ***k," and the borderline psychotic girl who had shredded Smith's picture while reliving some weird childhood traumas, there was a fun show. Apparently most of his talks run in the five hour range, but I had to cut out at about two and a half to three due to an early shoot the next morning and I wanted to see the game (bad choice). Anyone there for any useful "how to make it in the business" talk was sorely disappointed. Anyone there just to hear some pointless BS, but have a good time had a blast. Several people have asked me how it was and I say I enjoyed it, but I'm not really sure why. It was like when I saw Blue Man Group in Vegas. I enjoyed the show, but had no way to really explain what I liked about it.

14. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I only stayed for an hour and a half. All in all I thought it was interesting. I tried to explain what the show was like to my wife and had no way to relate it. I told her it was basically like a question/answer session with few good stories thrown in. That was about all I could say.

I did have a good time while I was there.

JMK

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.