main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST Release Information

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    The release of Knightquest is something that everyone has been anxiously anticipating. In order to ensure that its release goes as smoothly and pleasantly as possible, the TFN staff has decided on a "gameplan" as follows:

When Knightquest is uploaded and made available, a staff member will post an official thread. Please post all of your comments and questions in this thread. SPOILER WARNINGS, PLEASE. It's a large download, and people with slower modems don't want the film ruined for them while they wait to get it themselves.

At this time, the Knightquest and Where is the (- - -Knightquest Premiere- - -)? I thought i was surposed to come out today! threads will be locked. This is so that discussion can be centralized and focused in one thread. Please don't create any other threads related to Knightquest. Other discussions not relating to Knightquest should be respected and don't need to be pushed to the next page.

I will be watching the forum closely during this time. Knightquest's release will cause a huge influx of hits to TFN and posting in the forum, but you can be confident that things are under control. Everyone is excited but keep in mind the rules of criticism and profanity. The rules will be enforced as they always have been.

2. ewingsquadron

ewingsquadron Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2001
    //eagerly awaits

3. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Um...this doesn't make sense?

How can we post "everything" under one thread?? Why would you discourage people to make their own threads? What if I wanted to post a spoiler and someone who hadn't seen the film read it? It doesn't make sense to have one thread. Not that I am doubting your judgement, but it seems to me that the caveats far outweigh the benefits.

4. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I believe his thinking is that the TFN boards would become the "KQ discussion area", with a dozen pages of various KQ threads. I have to agree with him here.

5. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Well, Xmaveric, most of these ideas are based on what we learned from the release of Duality, another highly-anticipated fan film. When it was released, there were a ton of new threads posted about it, most of which were pointless or redundant. The official thread we created seemed to work best.

If you want to talk about spoilers within the thread, just try something like this:

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW

(spoilers)
    As I'm sure you know, Duality has a surprise ending but when it was released, people respected those who hadn't seen it yet and it wasn't really a problem.

6. thrawn37

thrawn37 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    What about creating 2 threads, 1 for spoilers, 1 for non-spoilers? Just my 2 cents worth.

7. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    SPOILERS

Vader DIES at the end of this movie!!! :)

8. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Since you seem like u know what the scoop is on KnightQuest, when is the official release time of KnighQuestMaxVeers?

9. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Like I said, I doubt spoilers will really be a problem. If people fail to indicate that spoilers are present in their post, I'll make the necessary edits for them.

10. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm getting all excited!

too bad i have to go to bed in a bit. :/

11. fanfilmfreak

fanfilmfreak Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2001
    so the offical notorization of the release will be on this thread

12. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Didn't Azeem say something like 3-6PST? Like somewhere in there? Ugh =/
    Other wise, if its just 3PST...only a half a hour to go

13. muphicks

muphicks Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    How far ahead/behind is PST to GMT? Hmmm cunning plan, posts are tagged with time :) So I'll answer my own question once I've posted this... at 10:35 GMT

14. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    Correct on both accounts.

15. muphicks

muphicks Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 2001
    hmmm strange my clock must be out cause I'm sure it would be a whole number of hours your behind/ahead... but it looks like its around 8.. so at 11pm tonight I should be able to get KQ :) If its released ontime

16. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    I am posting the .WMV files now. I am at work so I have a very fast connection.

17. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    WOO-HOO! It's finally here! (almost ;) ) So you said there were 3 60 meg windows media files?

18. Cdr-Winker

Cdr-Winker Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Do I need to say I can't wait?

19. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    ok, so TF.N have exactly 50 minutes (by my clock) to release this thing, else I'll sue for false advertising.

Anyone who's in AUSTRAILIA or infact anywhere EAST of BRITAIN can already sue.

It will be past midnight. We were promised KQ on SUNDAY. At this rate it will be MONDAY before it's released.

BAD BAD TF.N

::goes off to build evidence for case::

anyway,

Nick "I'M SERIOUS ABOUT THIS!!" Long

20. link64PD

Jun 15, 2001
    Ooooooo, the pressure is on now! :D

21. fanfilmfreak

fanfilmfreak Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2001
    im in florida so when will i be seeing it?

22. link64PD

Jun 15, 2001
    Um, it should be like a little after 6.

23. -_TheDirectoR_-

-_TheDirectoR_- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2001
    Its 11:59 here..........im reaadddyy to sue!! MUGHAHAH

*goes off to click the refresh button*

24. Cdr-Winker

Cdr-Winker Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    We can already sue here in France ;)

25. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Hey this is fun.

It reminds me of when Nikki and I went to see Episode 1 in New York, We'd just flown for nine hours, and with jet lag it was 3.00 am our time, but the first thing we did was drop our bags at the hotel and go to the cinema to watch TPM. This time I'll feel just as tired but the only difference is I'm in a 'virtual' line for KnightQuest, not a real one :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.