main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KNIGHTQUEST Release Information

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by MaxVeers, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    STOP REQUESTING THE LINK.

The idea behind this is getting people to subscribe to the newsletter. If you're not willing to sign up, wait until tomorrow. It's that simple.

2. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Now, max, i don't really understand this.

I mean we were shown a tralier that specifically stated october 14th, and we have been told over the past few days that it would be out sunday. I did not see up until tonight anything about signing up for the TFN newsletter. Is this something coming from higher up? TFN telling you guys to do this? Just dosen't seem very fair.

I don't really care, i can wait another day, or two. Heck, been waiting years for it, before i even found TFN, but it just dosn't seem right in principle, i saw nothing even earlier today on the main TFN Fan Films site indicating the need to sign up for the newsletter, and there was nothing about it in the beginning of your post here.

Was this some last minute desicion?

3. wild_wookiee

wild_wookiee Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    It is too bad that people are having so many problems. I am downloading at such a slow pace myself that i am not going toget to see it until tomarrow anyway. Oh well, I want to thank Jacob anyway, i am thankful for the help.

4. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I didn't get my newsletter either, and I usually do. This is word. Oh well, you all should've been in IRC. :)

-Paul

5. Jedi_Icicle

Jedi_Icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2001
    Well..I just finished watching the whole movie... I am not sure how I feel about it....I'll just say this for now... Duality is still the king of fanflims in my opinion.
    Well, I hope I don't get flamed, beaten and thrown in jail for being honest... ;)

p.S: I am no posting any details on why I feel this way by fear of spoiling anything... so will wait until everyone else starts giving their reviews.... Enjoy!

6. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    If you aren't getting the newsletter, why wouldn't just just subscribe again?

fourfools: Knightquest is available today, just as promised. You just need to get the sneak preview via the newsletter.

7. fourfools

fourfools Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Max, it seems it is only available today, *if* you were signed up for the newsletter, or were hanging around all day and heard about the newsletter. Like i said i don't give a damn but it is a matter of principle, and it has really lowered my respect for this place.

8. KC0GRN

KC0GRN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2001
    Oh great, the floodgates have been loosed. Glad I downloaded my copy already :)

Edit: Spelling

9. MaxVeers

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm sorry that your respect for TFN has been lowered. Joe's trailer (not TFN) said it would released the 14th. Which it was, via the sneak peek.

If getting the film 24 hours earlier is such an issue to you, just subscribe to the newsletter right now and get the links. I did so a few hours ago without difficulty. The idea isn't to make you wait, it's that signing up for the newsletter provides bonuses, such as early releases for fan films.

10. KadeBendu

KadeBendu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2001
    Well, let me be among the first to extend a hearty congratulations to Joe Monroe and his team. I just watched Knightquest and was extremely impressed. Fantastic job guys; well worth the wait! Interesting story; great CG; fantastic cinematography. You and your team deserve mucho kudos. I can only image the amount of work required to do this. Congratulations again!

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I got half way through downloading part 1 and then iGetter reports the server doesn't support resume. ARG!

Ah well, I'll try it again and let it run over night and hope for the best...

12. Thesabresmith

Thesabresmith Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2001
    Hi, can i just ask at about what time tomorrow will it become available to everyone?

I half agree with fourfools (I think it was him) when they said that it was a little unfair and/or missleading to say that it would be available on the 14th if it would not be openly available then. i am not angry and i do not point blame at anyone. i simply say that perhaps it should have been discussed more between Joe and TFN to make sure the information was correct.

If the trailer says it is available on the 14th then that is when it should be. the trailer did not say that it would be available for advance screenings or special previews which i think this case is.

I look forwards to downloading it tomorrow, i know i said that i would wait a couple of days to not overload TFN but seeing as alot of people were given access today i think that tomorrow should be time enough.

Thank you.

13. Chren_Caile

Chren_Caile Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Anyone been to the Crew of Two site.. Boy that is a flame there if I have ever seen one. As was posted earlier the links to Knightquest are there as well.

14. KC0GRN

KC0GRN Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2001
    Just finished watching the film myself. Very good job to all people envolved.

Having seen alot of fanfilms, and knowing what to anticipate in one, this film met and at some points exceeded that expectation. Although I was not one of the people envolved in the hype behind the wait for this film, I can't tell what their expectations were, but I can say mine were met.

I can honeslty say this one will be making it to my personal fanfilm library, archived on CD and all :)

15. Nate_-fote-_

Nate_-fote-_ Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2001
    is there a knightquest webpage/homepage with more info on the movie?

16. McC

McC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    Those complaining about the newsletter set-up...

"spoiled brat syndrome" is all I have to say. No intention on flaming anyone, just stating how I feel about it. Drop the jealousy about having to wait for not being subscribed, quit feeling like you're being shortchanged, and just sit back and wait a little longer for one of the most extraordinary fanfilms in existence.

17. glenshadow

glenshadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Whoa! Crew of Two is majorly pissed off.

I'm not sure exactly why that is (beyond what they list as a reason), so I'll just stay out of it.

KNIGHTQUEST
    -----------

Good god, it's rediculous. Rediculously GOOD, that is.

===================
    START MINOR SPOILER
    ===================

That part where the Padawan with the blue sabre finally snaps and jumps to Ulic's aide was truely a STAR WARS moment, and had me cheering even though I was watching KNIGHTQUEST at home... by myself =).

===================
    END MINOR SPOILER
    ===================

I haven't experienced a moment like that in a Fan Film since the segment in DUALITY when the one sith reflects that first sentinal's lazer shot, another true STAR WARS moment in a Fan Film.

To Joe, your team, and everyone else involved, I pass along my congratulations. You have raised the bar to a level I'm sure will not be topped anytime soon.

- Chris Schiebel

18. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    This kind of sucks. I signed up for the newsletter ages ago and used to recieve it all the time. But then it stopped, so I assumed TFN had stopped putting out a newsletter. Now I get home from work and find that I need to be subscribed (when I already was) to get the link. So I've subscribed again, but it's too late.. Now I have to wait.. Oh well.. just my whinge for the day.

19. Daniel Lucas

Daniel Lucas Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 1998
    What's the file name on this behemoth? I am searching like a man posessed for this info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE NOTE - I am not asking for a link. I do believe in a small bit of fair play

[[U P D A T E]]

Could someone send me the links... someone... anyone... this is like crack to me... I gotta have it or I can't sleep!

ricoliefan@hotmail.com

HELP!!!

20. rtoodeetwo

rtoodeetwo Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 1999
    QuoteThis kind of sucks. I signed up for the newsletter ages ago and used to recieve it all the time. But then it stopped, so I assumed TFN had stopped putting out a newsletter. Now I get home from work and find that I need to be subscribed (when I already was) to get the link. So I've subscribed again, but it's too late..Quote
    -------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same case with me.I signed up like 2 years ago. the suddenly I stop reciving the newsletter. I re-signed again at 9:40pm PST I recive the response e-mail like more then an hour and half later. Then my confirmation e-mail like 1:25am PST.
    So I think my dvd package will beat my newsletter to arrive to me.

Pleasse TFN, post the link early today or contact me at rtoodeetwo@aol.com

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    well, i got the first segment on the second try...second segment cut off half way like the first did the first time, oh well, here we go again...

22. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Everyone can have the links in the newsletter. Remember what the newsletter sais at the end?
    "Feel free to forward this to anyone you think would be interested [...]"
    There you have it!
    Everyone with newsletter: Forward it to everyone who complains with an email-address!

Now, that's intelligent!!

23. xstream

xstream Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2001
    Ok, I've signed up for the newsletter, and today is now tomorrow. 10/15/01.

linkie?

X

24. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    ummmm... you're a day late for the newsletter.

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

25. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    I got the newsletter and when I downloaded the media player version, all I got was a BLACK screen and great sound. Anyone else have that trouble?

I have the most recent player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.