main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Yeah, same, too many minibusts, statues and maquettes on my want list for me to get these yet.

2. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    2006 wasn't the best year for Kotobukiya.

Sure there were some recent hits (Droids), and a few misses (Leia), but mostly I think SS's new 12" figures and even GG's statues have certainly stolen their Japanese thunder and diminished overall collector interest. Hard to say what the future will bring for this line.

How we haven't been offered a Sidious/Emperor Koto by now is troubling.

3. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Agreed. Commander Bly was awesome and one of the best Kotos yet, but other than him the droids are the only other pieces I'm considering buying. Hopefully they have something good planned for '07.

4. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Grievous and his bodyguards are just screaming to be made, Kotobukiya would do a great job with them.

5. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    I don't know too much abotu this line, but I do know that one of my favorite figures in the Darth Maul. It is incredible. His stance is awesome. I've been trying to findit for cheaper than $60.00. Still looking. :)

6. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    60 isnt bad....

7. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I actually prefer these for armoured figures; much rather have a GG product for a face sculpt but I love all the Koto trooper products. I'd love a Koto Grievous because I'm never going to get that Sideshow one.

8. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I feel the same. Koto's troopers can't be beat, though their stormtrooper helmets need some work. I get GG and SS for my realistic face sculpt needs.:D I only have one human face Koto, and that's the Sith Anakin. It's OK and while I really liked it at first, over time I've come to wish I hadn't bought it, at least not for what I paid for it. Oh well, it looks pretty cool on my Anakin/Vader shelf.

9. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    ive got my first 3 koto's the other day!
    im chuffed with them.
    does anyone know where there is a list of all the models in the koto range as i cant wait to get more!

10. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    http://registry.rebelscum.com/index.php?action=matrix&manufacturer=7&category=25

11. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/koto/news20070126.html

This looks soooo cool! I can't wait!

12. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I saw it and thought :eek:
    Must admit though the skin colour for luke appears to be wrong and should be green instead of purple hence why I would just get the vader.

13. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I love them both never-the-less Ben. I will be buying them.

14. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    I'd certainly go for Vader, he looks awesome!

Oh and a heads up for Koto collectors who may be missing a few earlier pieces TFAW are having a sale!

http://www.tfaw.com/Search?_results_disc_search=87&gallery_mode=grid&qt=dhban49

15. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Woulda been cooler if they got Vader's cape right. Nice piece though, would love to have it $$$$

16. whatisthybidding

whatisthybidding Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2006
    I hope they do some more concept art statues. Grievous, Tusken Raider, Snowtrooper, Battledroids, Darth Maul and Zam Wessel all had some cool sketches.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That coloring on Luke is a bit more intense than I'd pictured based on the original painting, but it's still neat... I wonder if the rumored McQuarrie concept Luke 3 3/4 figure (Assuming it's from ANH) would have the same colors?

18. The_Seto

The_Seto Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    This doesn't relate to Star Wars, but I'm sure that more than a few people in this forum will be interested.

http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/kotobukiya_0107pr.html

KOTOBUKIYA TO PRODUCE HIGH-END COLLECTIBLES BASED ON THE HALO UNIVERSE

Tokyo, Japan February 1, 2007 - The master craftsmen of Kotobukiya meet Halo's Master Chief!

Kotobukiya announces a new partnership with Microsoft Game Studios and Bungie Studios in order to produce collectibles based on the best-selling video game franchise.

Kotobukiya will release at a series of ARTFX Statues (12" tall vinyl figural statues) throughout 2007, featuring characters from Halo 1 & 2, as well as the eagerly anticipated Halo 3. Renowned for amazing sculpting, painting, and design, the Tokyo based company will endeavor to produce high-end merchandise for the discriminating Halo collector.

Hiruma, Deputy Chief of Kotobukiya's Planning Division said, "We are honored to be able to work on such an incredible game. We are confident that the fans will like our stylish interpretations of the Spartans and other characters of the Halo universe!"

In order to ensure the highest possible level or accuracy and detail, all goods will be fully approved and authorized by the game creators of Bungie Studios. The Halo ARTFX Statues will be available on a worldwide basis, with character line up and release dates to be announced in the coming months.

"It's our great pleasure to collaborate with the talented sculptors, painters and artists at Kotobukiya, and a true joy to see our favorite characters and creatures captured in this unique medium," said Brian Jarrard of Bungie Studios.

The epic saga continues with Halo® 3, the hugely anticipated third chapter in the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.

Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogy?an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live®, and spawning books, a graphic novel, apparel, an upcoming film adaptation, and now Halo's first ever high-end statue series.

And of course, we all know how awesome Kotobukiya's masked statues are.

19. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Kotobukiya_Gallery_103900.asp

Pics of the Vader versus Luke concept art, a new Kenobi, and a rehash of Yoda. I like the Kenobi, but wish we were getting a Grievous, Dooku, Sidious, Qui-Gon or Jedi Luke first.

20. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    That Obi-Wan looks great. Koto's best human likeness by far. As long as the paint apps come out good I'll be getting it. I'm glad someone finally put him in that pose. And you just know he'll connect to the Grievous that's coming out.:cool:

21. augustusgarcia

augustusgarcia Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2007
    Does anyone know what Koto figures are still available in Tokyo, and roughly how much they sell for over there? (have one week in Tokyo for work and want to stock up, assuming they work out to be cheaper than they are here in Australia)

22. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    my collection currently consists of....

luke
    stormtooper
    red shock trooper
    r2d2 c3po
    obi wan
    anakin ep2
    anakin ep3
    vader
    darth maul

and i got a boba fett on its way.

23. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Hm, a Koto Galactic Marine would look very nice next to my Snowtrooper [face_thinking]

24. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Yes it would. I'm sure we'll get one eventually. I'm disappointed about the Utapau trooper being yet another repaint of the 501st mold. It looks awesome in those colors, the paint looks great, but it would just look odd having all 3 with the same exact pose.8-}

25. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    i missed the postman this morning so my boba fett is in the post office till monday:oops:

but....

i managed to find a han solo for £29.99 delivered[face_dancing]