main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp and Jaina - Meant for each other?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by XRGAT, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, Jaina and Jag are meant to be. :)

2. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Jaina to Kyp: "If you were dying of thirst on Tatooine, I wouldn't even spit on you."

Could be just a gut feeling, but I seriously don't think they're getting together any time soon...

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    are you telling me noone who has had a go at someone in a fit of emotion ever changed their tune? I mean, for petes sake. Mrs Skywalker was trying to kill him! Talk about a U-turn :)

4. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    Hey, all you X-Wing fans out there know that you would kill for a mixture of Wedge Antilles', Soontir Fel's, Han Solo's and the Skywalker's flying abilities. You realize that Jag and Jaina could provide the perfect little future pilot. ;) LOL!!!

5. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    yeah, because SW books have the dumb opinion that kids take all from their parents 99% of the time

6. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    :D Dumb genetics, good for the pilots. ;)

7. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    no it isnt! Id rather kids were independant. I dislike Jacen, but at least he isnt just a mix of his parents

8. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I think that Kyp was just manipulating Jaina. I also think that she's too old and too smart for him. I see him wiht a fourteen-year old girl (or several) with no brains, as I stated in the "Kyp finding a woman?" thread.

9. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Sighs:: This is what I mean about threads jumbling together!!

Jae Angel

10. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I thought this was the Kyp vs Jaina thread.... :p

My bad :D

11. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Yup, vader made a deathbed repentance, much better than dedicating the rest of your life to protecting innocents and punishing evildoers.

Kyp is not pulling any crap, he's trying to win the war. So if someone admits they're bad, that makes them good? What?!

Kyp is the batman of the njo. No respect I tell you, except for those in the military who somewhat understand him.

12. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    "Kyp is the batman of the njo. No respect I tell you, except for those in the military who somewhat understand him."

Being a Batman fan, I take exception to that. (Not really that big a deal, but how often in life do you get to use that phrase? ;))

Batman never kills. Under no circumstances. Because he knows doing so would be lowering himself to the standards of those he fights. Kyp obviously has no problems killing anyone he thinks deserves it.

13. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Thank goodness for Protege-of-Thrawn and Suncrusherx!

I'm all for it. :) Forget the age argument. And forget her whole thirst/spit speech. Please! I remember saying that I wouldn't ever date a certain guy even if he was the last man on earth. Well, eight years later, I'm still married to him. :)

Why do you think she's so mad? Because she was really starting to care for him. And those feelings don't just vanish. Sure, they both have some things to work through, but it's very possible.

I don't think we should be so quick to denounce the possibility of Jaina and Kyp together. Clearly, REBIRTH set up some foreshadowing to it with the reactions they had to each other and his even asking her to be his apprentice. So something's got to happen.

Don't be too hard on him. War is hell, my friends. Kyp is merely doing what he feels is the right thing to do. If you've read the Jedi Academy books where he was introduced, he seems determined not to do the whole 'dark side' thing again. Now granted, his actions are not the spotless, virtuous actions of Master Skywalker, but I don't think he's walkin' on the 'dark side' again. He's just using his abilities differently.

I happen to think that he was pretty shaken up by Jaina's reaction to his betrayal. She may be the one person to get past all of his emotional baggage and make him care personally about people instead of in this general "I'm-going-to-save-the-galaxy-all- by-myself-whether-they-like-it-or-not" kind of way.

I also think that Luke is realizing that Kyp's views hold some validity. He's come to see that they are going to have to work together to defeat the Vong instead of constantly trying to make everyone conform to his ideas and attitudes.

Kyp and Jaina?..... DEFINITELY!!!

14. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Why? Because....IT'S EVOLUTION, BABY!!!!!

15. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    working together gives both ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.