main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As I said earlier, this is an interview. It still does not disappoint. ;)

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    So how long is this personal interview gonna before you guys (the interviewers) move on to the next one on the list?

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Sorry if you're getting impatient broham, but I've been extremely busy the past week with reading and writing my dissertation and as such I have yet to find the time to sit down and answer the last question.

Everyone, I'm sorry for the delay.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    How dare you put school before a message board! ;) :p

Good luck with your dissertation. The evolution of a Savage Oppress fan will be enjoyable to read when you're done. :)

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It's okay; besides, I'm not impatient, just wondering.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think Randy is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills canon and doesnt afraid of anything.

I like being evil. I like villains. I like bad guys because bad guys are cool. Darth Maul was cool. Darth Vader was cool. The Emperor was cool. Savage is a huge bulking brute stuffed full of Dark Side goodness. And he has badass tats. Hits all the right buttons for me. I'm not going to give some bull**** "Oh I love his tragic character progression and how he's not really evil but he's a helpless pawn" story, because it's not true. I would only claim that in an attempt to make myself appear more sophisticated than I am and to cover up the fact that I just think he's cool. Does it make me a bad person to not claim to hold myself above the allure of fan-service, which is specifically intended to be titillating? Am I pathetic if I say "Yes, I do actually like that which is specifically marketed to me"? I'm not above liking Savage as a cool villain. If it weren't for that cool factor, I wouldn't have been interested in Star Wars as a kid. I certainly don't watch Star Wars, and especially TCW, for the amazing writing and great stories. No, I watch it for the lightsaber battles and gunfights. Still do. And Eminence remains my favourite episode of TCW to date. That episode is 100% "fan-service". There is not a single scene in it that I don't enjoy. There's a massive grin plastered across my face throughout the entire thing.

That's not to say I am unaware of, or turn a blind eye towards the writing problems associated with Savage, in particular blah blah blah Maul clone. I just like him anyway. Same goes for a lot of my favourite Mass Effect characters. I'm aware of how, from a writing standpoint, they don't look good. I just don't see any point in pretending that my inner child doesn't enjoy watching them on screen. When it became clear that the majority of the users on here whom I associate with did not like him, that strengthened my defence of him. Partly because I know it annoys them, and also because it gave me something in this show to actually care about. You know Brothers? I actually like it now, because it's a Randy episode. I can tolerate Morley because I also get to watch Randy slaughter a whole village of Junkers.

[​IMG]

So yeah, long time fan, pretty much since his initial reveal, but until recently I'd suppressed it.

As for his death, well. I liked it. I thought it was well-done. He certainly got a better, more dignified death than the majority of the people he killed. When compared to Adi Gallia, I think it's definitely a more acceptable death and one that doesn't need protesting. I think the difference between a good fan and a bad fan is that a good fan accepts the death of their favourite character and enjoys the send-off, instead of bitching about it. Plus he got taken out by none other than Darth Sidious himself. If anything it's an incredible honour that my man Randy went out to the baddest mother****er in the galaxy (after himself, obviously). With the story they wrote, there was no way to explain him getting out alive anyway without it being a massive slap in the face. As I said, I can still identify bad writing when it comes to characters I like. In short, it was his time to go out, and he took it like a champ. I'm happy with what they did with him. In death, by accepting it so graciously, he became the true hero of TCW, the one it deserved.

The story told by TCW is no lie. Savage is dead. And he's not coming back. Because that is as it should be. Death is the ultimate goal of life. Savage knew this. This was why he aided so many on their journey to the afterlife, and that is why he accepted his own death without quarrel. In death we transcend our mortal shells and enter a higher realm of existence. The green mist leaving Savage's body was his spirit passing on to the ether. For that was the true Savage, not the weak body he left behind. And he shall watcheth over us and shieldeth those who stay true to his teachings - accept the Dark Side and kill kill kill, baby!

9. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Nice answer, fellow Opressor. I definitely agree with your sentiment that despite all the writing flaws in Savage's story (and indeed the rest of the show), it's still possible to sit back and enjoy the characters and fanservice for what it is. Nothing wrong with some good entertainment. I also have to say, Savage's badassery was a big part of what drew me to him as well. ;)

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I can't speak for the other interviewers, but this interview still has a long way to go if Fanboy is up for it. When I saw Fanboy's decline in overall LACWAC activity, I just assumed he was busy with university life.

The other interviewers may start whenever they like, it won't bother me.

Sorry for my own delay in following up, I went to my mom's for Easter.

I definitely understand Tomboy's sentiment, I grew up with 80s/early 90s action movies, which are just Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme and other buff dudes taking off their shirts, flexing their muscles, wielding BFGs and shooting everything on screen. Those movies never tried to be anything more than guy stuff.

I also grew up with Star Wars and I loved it because of Vader's badassitude, Solo's sarcasm and SPACE BATTLES. As a kid, the OT was about Empire vs Rebellion, not Jedi vs dark side (to me, it still is about Empire vs Rebellion). My favorite Star Wars moments have always been the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Endor. I love the tension they establish, the cool ships in WW2 style dogfights and SKYWALKER SOUND. Damn I love Skywalker Sound.

While I've never been a fan of Savage, I've still gotten my share of fan service in TCW with Ventress, who can strangle the life out of me any day, as long as she gives me a little kiss first.

Since ImNotAStarWarsFanboy is busy with university life, I'm gonna keep going with the light Star Wars questions.

Fanboy, which Star Wars character reminds you of yourself the most?

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Don't hate me because I know it wasn't the intended effect of your post, but this made me tear up.

And all of Star Wars is fan service, it's just serving different fans with different characters and plot lines.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I should have canceled the interview on Saturday as an early April Fools joke.

14. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Or reveal that this whole time Fanboy was actually interviewing you!

[​IMG]

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Or that neither of them actually exist. They're both computer bots.

Nope, not discussing how disappointed I'd be...

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Darth Maul, because I hardly ever say anything.

But when I do, it's something sinister.

I also have two brothers and I had a brief stint in charge of a planet. And should the situation present itself I am pretty confident in my gymnastic abilities.

And I'm bad to the bone.

JackG, 07jonesj, K'Kruhk and 3 others like this.
  17. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Fanboy and I are actually the same person, I just don't know which one of us is the sock.

Moar Star Warz quickies.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, how would you survive Order 66?

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Because never in my life would I become a Jedi. **** the Jedi. Sith all the way.

But if I was a Jedi, I'd survive by defecting or hiding under a table.

19. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol a table.

Uh, moar Star Warz quickies.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, if you could choose one Force power to have IRL, which one would it be and why? And while you're at it, create a new Force power.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That's actually quite tough. The passive abilities would be great, as would general telekinesis. But I think I'd have to go with Lightning. Being able to shoot bolts from your fingertips is just too cool to pass up. And then in the event of a power cut I can keep gaming indefinitely. Being imbued with the power of electricity opens up so many possibilities, like in inFAMOUS.

If I were to invent a new Force power, I'd probably convert one of my favourite biotic abilities into one. I'd probably go with Singularity. It creates a nexus that pulls all objects towards it with its gravitational pull and dangles them helpless in the air. Pretty cool crowd control ability.

21. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    lol @ using Force lightning to power gaming, very novel.

Singularity was always my favorite biotic power, crazy effective and cool looking to boot.

Let's keep up the Stah Wors questions.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, now that TCW is over (or just about), what are you looking forward to in Star Wars besides the upcoming sequel trilogy? Do you plan on sticking around LACWAC?

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    As long as this place continues to make me laugh I'll continue checking in. At any rate this place is part of my life now so I can't see myself disappearing in earnest in the immediate future.

As for future Star Wars stuff, the material that interests me most would have to be the upcoming games, though their continued existence is now in doubt. The idea behind 1313 is definitely one that intrigues me and I could see myself playing it if and when it comes out. And you've always got to remain hopeful for any word on Battlefront III. I had a brief stint where I read the books and stuff but that phase has pretty much passed by now, so I'm not even aware of what's coming out, let alone actively interested in any of it. As a whole my interest in Star Wars is waning but I'm still going to maintain a cautious optimism for the future of the franchise, even though it's now being headed by Disney.

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm pretty much done with the books and comics myself, and have long since abandoned hope for Battlefront III.

As for LACWAC...
    [​IMG]

well, you never can tell.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy TCW is wrapping up, your university life might be wrapping up, what are you looking forward to in life?

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    To be honest, I like where I'm at at the moment, which is sad because I'm rapidly approaching graduation and having to dive into the world of work. If I could go back in time to the start of uni, I would.

I look forward to winning the EuroMillions and retiring at age 25. If I buy enough tickets, it has to happen eventually, right? Right?

It's not going to happen, is it. I guess I'll have to resort to my back-up career plan: selling propane and propane accessories...at Thatherton Fuels.

[​IMG]

I wish I could give a serious answer, but the truth is post-uni life scares the **** out of me. I'm just praying for the best.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah.

(Apparently I'm getting there though.)

BTDT, I totally understand. [:D]