main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    13. @Todd the Jedi, if you were a Jedi how would you have escaped orders 66?

I imagine I'd be in a space battle when the Order is issued. Unlike Plo Koon, though, I'd have the wits to dodge any attacks made against me, since I'd be a way better pilot than he was. :p I'd quickly make it to my hyperspace ring and hightail it outta there. I'd jump to the nearest asteroid field and evade my pursuers inside (they're clones, they're too smart to let me go). Once the coast was clear, by my pursuers getting lost or crashing, I would head to Nar Shaddaa, since it's easy to blend in there. I would ditch my robes for more inconspicuous gear, and try to find out what has happened. I'd see on the holonews that Palpatine has declared the Republic an Empire, and the Jedi traitors that were to be hunted down. In my despair, I'd find the nearest bar and drink my sorrows.

While at the bar, I'd notice some people playing sabaac. Familiar with the game, I'd play a bit. First without the Force, then with it a little, just to test the waters. After winning about 60% of the games, I'd rent an apartment and decide to spend my life as a gambler, amassing a small fortune.

Then I imagine I'd become a minor media sensation for the rest of my life, known for my mad skills with cards, as well as a pretty good show pilot. So well known that a certain Corellian Smuggler would cite me as his hero. Would I miss being a Jedi? Sure, but with the Empire life's tough.

Seerow

QuangoFett likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    14. List the seasons of TCW from greatest to least in your opinion and explain why Todd the Jedi.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    14. List the seasons of TCW from greatest to least in your opinion and explain why @Todd the Jedi.

S4- I pretty much loved this season very consistently. The only thing wrong with this season was the placement of the winter break, splitting the Slaves of the Republic arc.

S2- Here TCW started picking up in stride, with the solid Geonosis/Brain Invaders arc, and the awesome Grievous Intrigue. I feel this is where the show really started to mature.

S3- I really like certain elements of S3. The Citadel and Mortis arcs are excellent standouts. And this is where the animation got a significant upgrade. But, as I stated before, there is such a large concentration of just plain ****y episodes that aren't quite redeemed by those more positive elements. This was also the beginning of the awful Nightsister crap, which ultimately led to the worst PR move in recent SW history.*

S1- The show was still very young, and had a hard time finding its footing in those early days. I might have given up hope if it weren't for the amazing finale. But there's so much wrong with this season, and I know a lot of it stemmed from the elements of the movie.

*I am cautiously optimistic that said PR disaster will prove to be worth it in the current season. With the known episode lineup, I have a feeling S5 will rank pretty high for me. Probably not as good as S4, but maybe better than S2, and definitely better than S3.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    15. Which planet would you most like to live on in the Star Wars Galaxy Todd the Jedi?

5. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    15. Which planet would you most like to live on in the Star Wars Galaxy @Todd the Jedi?

I think the planet I'd really like to live on would be Kashyyyk. The Wookiees are just such fun people to be around, and besides the times they're fully enslaved or hunted down, they have a pretty good thing going for them. I could easily find a job as a tradesman, acting as a liaison between the Wooks and offworlders. I'd probably split my time hanging out in the treetops part of the time and chilling on the beach of Kachirho the rest of the time.

I would just have to be very careful never to upset any of the Wookiees. I like my arms too much for that. :p

Seerow

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    16. What character in Star Wars most are you most like Todd the Jedi?

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    16. What character in Star Wars most are you most like @Todd the Jedi?

Is there a character who's a nerdy college student who has never fought in any wars or flown in a spaceship? :p

Nah, but I like to think I'm most like Han. I'm always quick with a comeback, and in the summer I'm pretty quick with a squirt gun. He is my favorite character for a good reason. I may sometimes seem all about myself and egotistical, but I've got heart just like Han. Unlike Han, I don't mind being called scruffy, though. I wear my beard with dignity. ;)

And I may not fly ships or planes, but I'm a hell of a good driver. And I've got a thing for brown eyed girls. Okay I like any girl with pretty eyes, regardless of color.

Seerow

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    17. How would you have brought back Maul? You have to bring him back Todd the Jedi.

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I think this answer needs a little background music.

Darth Maul, apprentice to the greatest Lord of the Sith in 1000 generations, is lying in two pieces at the bottom of that shaft on Naboo. He is in agonizing pain, barely clinging to life. He should be dead. But something is keeping him going. "Through victory.....my chains are broken" he thinks. But victory has alluded him. So what foul play allows him to live?

Maul hears a voice "Wait. I am coming for you, my apprentice." The voice is familiar, one he knows he has heard many times before. Is it his master? Maul cannot tell, for he fading in and out of consciousness. Soon, though, he thinks he sees a light colored man in a familiar set of robes.

It is sometime later. Hours, days, years. Maul cannot tell. All he knows with certainty is that he is alive, and he seems to be resting on a simple white bed. He tests his body, and is amazed to find that he can feel his legs! Feeling no pain, he tilts his head to peer down the bed. He is wearing nothing but a simple black robe, but he can see his feet at the end of the bed. Maul is relieved, but wary. Where is he? How much time has elapsed. These questions and many more are coursing through Maul's head when the man he saw before appears. "Master?"

The man says nothing, but removes his hood to show an aged Muun, whom Maul recognizes as Hego Damask, an influential businessman and friend of his master's.

"I am Darth Plagueis. I am dead, and so are you, Darth Maul. Know this: I have spent the last ten years rehabilitating you. For you see, I was the master of Sidious. He believes me dead, just as the galaxy believes you dead."

Maul contemplate the significance of the Muun's words. Ten years! Yet, this Darth Plagueis seemed to imply that Sidious is still alive. Has the Grand Plan flourished in these years? How have his legs been reattached to his torso? Why has he been unconscious for a whole decade. Or has he... Maul wants to ask so many questions, but he is acutely aware of who holds the power in this room.

"We will use this to our advantage. There is a war raging. A product of the Grand Plan you and I have been working toward our entire lives. Sidious seeks to wipe out the Jedi and the Republic with this Clone War."

Maul can not help but notice that the Muun did not refer to Maul's former master with the Sith honorific. Maul knows he is at a critical junction. He has no choice but to do as the Muun says.

Darth Plagueis does not ever move from his position in front of Maul's bed. He stands with a fierce resolve, and every word he speaks caries with it an awful power. "And we will let Sidious play with the Republic and the Separatist stooges he created. I have plans for you, Lord Maul. Together, you and I shall wrest the galaxy from Palpatine. As for anyone who stands in our way..."

Maul understands the unspoken threat in Darth Plagueis's words. He refers not only to Lord Sidious and his followers, not only to the Jedi, but to Maul as well. There is only one thing Maul can say.

"What is thy bidding, my Master?"

Seerow

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    18. What is your favorite Star Wars video game Todd the Jedi?

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    My favorite SW video game by far is Bounty Hunter for GCN. I love the Fetts, so being able to control Jango in such an in-depth manner as in this game is a real treat. Every weapon of his arsenal is badass, from the variety of blasters to the flamethrower, from the poison darts to the sniper rifle. It's a game where you can have lots of fun with stealth. [​IMG] Or you can charge through each level guns blazing, because Jango is just that amazing. [​IMG] It has great level designs. Coruscant and Malastare are loads of fun, as is Tatooine. The bosses were OK. And jetting around is really fun as well.

Honorable mentions go to Shadows of the Empire for N64, the Rogue Squadron, Battlefront and Force Unleashed games, and LEGO Star Wars.

Seerow

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    19. What keeps you coming back to TCW and to LACWAC every week Todd the Jedi?

13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    That's be my passion for all things Star Wars. ;) But naw, at this point I honestly like TCW more often than I don't, which was certainly not the case back in 2008/09. I've since learned to deal with my concerns about continuity and simply enjoy the show for what it is. I love that it's keeping SW alive and well for a new generation.

As for LACWAC, I come here because, well, it's the best place to discuss the show intelligently (for the most part ;)) and to learn more about this show. Seriously, TFNers know things nobody else does.

That, and there's a good amount of great people here. Lots of varying viewpoints, or people who love one character or another but hate yet other characters. There's really no two people with the exact same views here, so I definitely like that diversity.

Seerow Lol I think I we can actually stop tagging at this point.:p

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It helps when I'm at work. =b

20. How LACWACy are you Todd the Jedi?

15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    20. How LACWACy are you @Todd the Jedi?

Well, I've posted in nearly all the threads on the first page, and I've certainly read all of them. #ihavenolife

Oh and I have a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard beanie baby. And I know a few too many facts about a certain Quarren senator. Also, Thorn. 'Nuff said. [​IMG]

Seerow

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    21 bonus. How long do you think TCW will run for? Creat an ending for the show Todd the Jedi.

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah! I'm finally here. Very busy weekend. Here's part 1 of my answer.

My guess is the show will run 8 or 9 seasons. Depending on how Detours turns out, it could be different. If Detours is really successful for its first two seasons, I don't imagine TCW will remain much longer. However, if Detours tanks, chances are TCW will keep going a bit longer.

Part 2 coming later today, Seerow.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Here's an ending I think would be fitting. I know Labyrinth of Evil and the Micro Series fulfilled this role beautifully, but for the sake of simplicity I am going to ignore those events.

Rex goes rogue and tries to kill some senators with Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan as witnesses, but he is killed by Security forces. Months later, the three are on Christophsis looking for Grievous when they are attacked by Dooku, who kills Ahsoka before escaping. In a fit of rage Anakin attacks Obi-Wan, who at first defends himself, then stops fighting, much like he will do years later on the Death Star. Only this time Anakin stops attacking, and weeps while Obi-Wan consoles him. Shortly after they receive a transmission from Coruscant saying the planet is under attack and the Chancellor has been kidnapped, and they fly to his rescue.

19 BBY, 4 months before the Battle of Coruscant

Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex and Obi-Wan are the focus of a celebration held by the Senate, in recognition of their many acts of valor throughout the war. Asajj Ventress has disappeared, the Death Watch and Darth Maul have been eliminated, and Mandalore is slowly recovering from the chaos created by Maul and his brother. General Grievous and Count Dooku have not been seen for several months, and it is speculated that they are preparing something big.

The ceremony has been going on for several hours when a lone masked assassin attempts to hold as many senators ransom as he can. The three Jedi confidently approach the assassin and attempt to talk some sense into him, their hands dangling over their unlit lightsabers. A senator foolhardily rushes at the assassin from behind to tackle him, but is shot directly in the chest by a sniper. At this moment a whole cadre of masked snipers reveal themselves high among the rafters. None move from their positions, they merely make their targeting lasers visible. Every senator in attendance is targeted, as are the Jedi and Rex. Anakin calmly tries to diffuse the situation, asking the assassins what they want. The lead assassin removes his mask to reveal none other than a clone of the Grand Army of the Republic.

"R-r-r............" Ahsoka stutters, unable to believe what she is seeing. For this particular clone bears the distinctive features of CT-7567, Captain Rex of Torrent Company. In shock, Anakin turns to the man he believed to be Rex, only to see him pointing a blaster directly at Ahsoka, having quickly discarded his blonde wig to reveal the more typical black hair of the average Jango clone.

"For too long have we fought for a Republic that would sooner care for sniveling politicians than the men who keep it safe. Too long have I watched my brothers die in the thousands on the battlefield, while the Jedi are rewarded all the credit. Oh sure, honor that one clone whom Master Skywalker seems to have taken a liking to. "

Rex seems to spit the word "clone" out in the most venomous fashion that he can. He can barely contain himself, even as he swells with pride at the large number of his brothers who agreed to join his cause. Little does he know, however, that Master Kenobi sent a silent message to the nearby members of the Coruscant Security Force as soon as the first sniper made his shot. Apprehension builds in Obi-Wan as he awaits salvation.

"Tonight, Jedi, we will make an example. I want you three to witness true justice as we pacify this world of the corrupt dogs of a man who does not care for the welfare of his army."

Rex hangs his head, as if contemplating the fact that he is at the point of no return. It is do or die for him. And tonight, it is most certainly "do". "Brothers! Vode! This...."

Rex's words hang in midair as a lone blaster shot rings out throughout the hall. A large hole dominates the captain's chest. He collapses to his knees, silent tears streaming down his face. He looks up to his brothers, only to see them all being subdued by the local constabulary. Rex falls over. Forever falling, falling forever. History will not remember Captain Rex. His memory will not last long in these coming days of darkness. It is over.

Ahsoka runs over to the fallen man, as Security forces assist senators to their luxury speeders to be debriefed in a secure location. Ahsoka cannot believe things could come to this. "He's gone, Ahsoka" she distantly hears behind her.

Softly weeping, Ahsoka responds "Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la". Anakin recognizes the words as a common Mandalorian saying clones would often recite to their lost brothers. "Not gone, merely marching far away".

Nearly four months have passed. After the incident at the celebration on Coruscant, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka were assigned missions together in the Outer Rim. The Separatists have lost much of their territory. Their Senate has disbanded, their senators either dead, in hiding, in prison or under close scrutiny in their restored places in the Republic Senate. On the hunt for General Grievous, Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan have tracked the errant Separatist leader to the planet Christophsis. They have searched the capital city for days, but have turned up no sign of Grievous.

As the three approach their transport to the orbiting Jedi Cruiser, they hear a series of quick beeps. "Look out!" Obi-Wan shouts, as the shuttle explodes. Striding out of the debris is none other than Count Dooku and two Magna Guards. No words are needed. The droids charge Ahsoka and Obi-Wan, as Dooku strides toward Anakin. The two prodigies trade blows, their lightsabers creating a masterful dance of beauty and fury. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan has dispatched his opponent, and together with Ahsoka destroys the second droid. They look to Anakin and Dooku, who have moved away from the landing platform onto the street below. They rush to assist their friend, when Ahsoka stops in her tracks. "What's wrong?" Obi-Wan asks, seeing Ahsoka in apparent pain.

As Anakin and Dooku are dueling, Anakin notices something off about Dooku, as if he were focusing his attention elsewhere. Halting the duel, Dooku looks over at Ahsoka. Anakin turns around and realises that Dooku is holding Ahsoka still with the Force. With both senior Jedi distracted, Dooku releases his grasp of the young Togruta, only to hurl his lightsaber straight through her abdomen.

Time slows for Anakin Skywalker. He cannot move. Cannot think. He does not notice the Separatist shuttle swoop into the sky above the street. He does not notice Dooku leap into the shuttle and escape into the night. There is no Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight. Only love.

"No!" He runs to Ahsoka's body. She is quivering as her body gives out. Anakin cradles her fragile body. "No, this can't be." The tragic irony of the situation does not escape Anakin's notice. It was this very planet where he met his padawan, where their relationship as student and teacher began. Ahsoka has been by his side for nearly the entire war.

"M-master. I... know now….what Rex was talking about. Don't trust the senate.....don't…trust…Pal…" All the life that remains in Ahsoka Tano departs with this final statement. Obi-Wan slowly approaches his former apprentice. "Anakin...I'm sorry. We must leave now. I'll take her..."

"DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" A dark expression crosses the young Jedi's face. Obi-Wan stands firm. "YOU DIDN'T SAVE HER!!! YOU DIDN'T SAVE MY MOTHER!!! YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!"

At that proclamation Anakin activats his blade and charged Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan has no choice but to defend himself. They have practiced against each other for years. They know each others moves. But Anakin is not himself. "Anakin there was nothing I could do. Nothing anyone could do! Count Dooku killed Ahsoka." But his words are not reaching Anakin.

Obi-Wan leaps away from the enraged man. "I know what you must be feeling Anakin. But this is not the answer. Kill me if you must, but..." Obi-Wan Kenobi deactivates his lightsaber. "I will not fight you."

Anakin contemplates Obi-Wan's words. His resolve not to defend himself. He raises his blade to strike, and Obi-Wan closes his eyes, a deep calm emanating from his presence. Anakin knows this presence. He knows this man standing before him, and he knows that he is not responsible for Ahsoka's death. He puts out his lightsaber. "Obi-Wan...." And Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight and onetime master to one of the Order's most promising students, the Hero With No Fear, sobs. Gently, the way he sobbed by his mother's grave three years earlier. Obi-Wan approaches him, speaking in soothing tones. "We all have a duty to fulfill. All of us. I sometimes wonder if the Jedi have strayed from the path of righteousness. This war has irrevocably changed us, and no, it is not fair. You trained Ahsoka well, and she valued everything you told her. She could not have asked for a more capable master."

The two remain with Ahsoka's body for some time, holding each other in deep embrace. They make an impromptu funeral pyre and cremate the young woman's body. They send a missive to Coruscant to inform the Order of what happened. Two weeks later, back on the Jedi Cruiser and having returned from missions to Tythe and Nelvaan, Commander Cody informs them of an urgent transmission from Coruscant. It is from Master Windu, and he informs them that Coruscant is under attack by a massive force led by General Grievous, whose intention was to distract the Home Fleet and the Jedi on planet in order to kidnap Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Anakin and Obi-Wan order the crew to prepare the jump to lightspeed.

"Master, I think my experiences on Nelvaan have helped me accept the fact that Ahsoka's death was no one's fault but Dooku's. He will pay for what he has done."

"I am proud of you, Anakin. You are handling this in a mature way." Saying what needed to be said, Obi-Wan moves on. "Now, how about we show General Grievous what happens when you attack our home."

"Yes. We will save the Chancellor. Everything is going to be alright." Obi-Wan cannot help but look into Anakin's words, and then recall the last thing Ahsoka tried to say. "Don't trust Palpatine." What could have brought her to say that, he wonders. There is much to this war that does not make sense, but Obi-Wan does not think about it anymore. His master Qui-Gon always reminded him to be mindful of the present, and at the present Palpatine is in the clutches of a monster. Obi-Wan and Anakin must save him, and then perhaps they can take a closer look at this labyrinthine war.

"Ready Master?" "I've told you Anakin, I'm not your master anymore." "Doesn't stop me from saying it." "Heh. Okay. Helmsman, to Coruscant. We're going home Anakin."

Seerow

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

AkashKedavra_93

Yeah... this sucks.

A Cut and Rex arc... The Elybonrehc Disaster arc

News real: Crisis in Elybonrehc, the tribal work has been invaded by Seperatist forces wanted to claim the rich heavy metals there for there war effort. The republic swoops in from above hoping to liberate the word and prevent the Seperatist forces from gaining such a boast to build battle droids.

Again
    Fortune Cookie: "Look closely, you'll find the truth hidden within the truth"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Synopsis: The Republic arrives and all out invades the planet Elybonrehc to drive the C.I.S. off of it. The elite 501st and ARC Trooper Fives arrive on the battle field in gunships without the aid of the Jedi. They are on their own. They are under the watch of the newly assigned Admiral Motoko Briggs, a tough new non clone commander. She lives by the code survival of the fittest. A Code veterans like Rex find a bit harsh. Rex and Fives also question the relatively small size of there force feeling the enemy is being underestimated and the Admiral overestimates her own elite force of clones. The battle is fierce. During the battle Rex is surprised to see a small patchy Twi'lik wonder into the line of fire. To his shock he recognizes her. He Rescues Shaeeah and goes to great lengths to protect her. The troopers manage to drive the droids back from battle and out of the tribal village. During the lul. Rex leaves Fives in charge and takes Shaeeah, alone with fellow troopers Jesse and Tup, to find her family. There he is reunited with the Lawquane family and the Clone deserter.

The Other Side of Good and Evil
    Fortune Cookie: "If you merely live within the dreams of other people it's no different from being dead."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Synopsis: Following meeting Rex on Salucamei, Cut has taken his family and abandoned his farm, fleeing to this even more remote world. Turns out he was a medic like Kix during his short service as soldier and he used that skill to become a doctor to the tribe-like world of Elybonrehc and continue to hide there feeling very safe. That is until Rex appears again with troops. Rex is disappointed by Cut's lack of trust in him which has lead him into the middle of a large battle. Tup and Jesse in the process learns Cut's secret and try to come to terms with it. Cut then tries to take his family and move out of the way of the advancing droids but his attempts only get him surrounded. However the tribal leader he befriends is able to lead them to circle back to the other clones. Cut goes to great lengths to protect his family. They seem to come from everywhere do to the planets unique make up and deep valleys which hide deep caves.

Backs in the Distance
    Fortune Cookie: "If you’ve got a problem with the world, change yourself."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fives finds his predictions about the lack of numbers being a problem seems to prove true. Admiral Briggs blames this on the 501st being to weak and to soft which causes clashes. The Separatists have simply ambushed the republic forces using the planets caves. They have major weapons hidden and have allied with some of the tribes. The admiral comes to the surface. As the clones numbers dwindle Fives learns of Admiral Brigg's true plan to use to special bomb that will unleash aerosols to cause the heavy metals on the planet to rust to nothing making the planet useless to the Separatist agenda even if the Republic was hoping to be able to use the heavy metals instead. Unfortunately these aerosols are also toxic and will likely kill everyone. Fives doesn't trust Admiral Brigg's claim that the filters in the clone helmets will protect them.

Stand or Die
    Fortune Cookie: "If you've got two good legs, use them. Keep moving forward"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fives and Rex regroup. He decide its treason again. Rex sends Fives on a mission to contact general Skywalker. Tup was killed trying in battle himself going to great length to protect the Lawquanes . Now personally invested thanks to feeling stupid, in dept, and fearing his family won't make it if this bomb is dropped. Cut decides to borrow Tup's armor. The bomb is dropped however and all hell breaks loose. General Skywalker arrives and personally executes Admiral Briggs. The planet is put under quaratine. The now very ill Lawquane family is moved off world to Coruscant with a group of the tribe, the republic hopes to find a cure. With Rex's compliance. Cut dawn's Tup's identity as a soldier as its all he can do to maintain contact with his ill family.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well done! You have completed your interview! Everyone please give a round of applause to Todd The Jedi for a job well done! Tune in next time!

21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Seerow: Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! Fantastic interview! Round of applause everyone!

22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome our Retired Mocha Mod Barriss_Coffee!

1. Tell us more about your username!

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh good grief.[face_worried] I don't think my responses will be half as entertaining or thoughtful as Todd's or Seerow's. I mean Todd just wrote a whole friggin' book for crying out loud!

OK here goes:

AkashKedavra_93: I started lurking on this site in 2000, and made my first username then. I think it's best we just all forget it ever existed. In 2001-2002 we began getting lists of names on the main TFN news pages of characters who would be appearing in AOTC. I sort of liked the name Barriss Offee since it sounded like that addictively amazing beverage, and thought of switching userenames at the time. I didn't switch until early 2002 when it was confirmed that Barriss wasn't, y'know, an overweight 4-armed grizzled cook or something. I didn't really know anything about Barriss herself.

I was also amazing dumb and misspelt it: BarissCoffee AND Bariss_Coffee are both me. The second was made immediately after I saw AOTC and decided to go on a posting spree about Gunray... or something. That was silly 2002 me. I'm clearly much more mature these days. Clearly.

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Had to think on this one a little... I was very tempted to put all 4 Umbara episodes on the list, but I'm going to treat each episode on its own merits rather than where it stands in context.

I'm pretty sure these are my top ten after watching all four seasons a few times, although the order is not particularly strict:

10) Weapons Factory - Starred Barriss and she didn't act like an idiot nor was one-upped by Ahsoka; the whole atmosphere of the episode reminded me of Republic Commando.

9) Grievous Intrigue - Grievous was competent and actually had the Jedi genuinely concerned for once! I've also been a HUGE Eeth Koth fan since TPM (always thought he was council member people ignored all the time). Also seeing Adi Gallia in action was awesome.

8) Plan of Dissent - We really got to see some awesome Umbara technology in this one once they took over the base, plus a few moments (not nearly enough) of an epic space battle. Unlike other space battles, there was a legit concern the heroes of this one wouldn't survive. And while I never cared for Rex before the Umbara arc, that completely changed with these episodes -- you can sympathize with a character who knows as much about the plot as you do, and is struggling to figure out a viable solution to the mess. And they really put Rex into a tough spot in this one.

Oh, and clone humor is infinitely more entertaining than droid humor. Sorry Seps. I still love you.

7) Nightsisters - An episode starring a villain! This was a huge breakthrough in TCW. Ventress didn't have to be swayed by the light side for the audience to empathize with her predicament -- she could still be an evil badass and have a complex persona to boot. Plus they used the EU's story for her background (fan squee!!). And even though the EU's old Dathomir will always have a place in my heart, I admit I really liked what TCW did with it. It doesn't necessarily contradict the EU's version much, but it definitely has it's own unique look.

Oh, and pajama fight with Dooku. Can't forget that.

6) Hidden Enemy - I really loved the plot of this one, plus its mysterious dark vibe. When Filoni said a few months earlier we probably wouldn't see clone traitor, I think most of us took him at his word. It was sort of a shock to see a clone fighting for the opposition for reasons other than money.

5) Heroes on Both Sides - SEPARATIST PARLIAMENT! Separatist capital! Genuinely GOOD Separatists! And a Muun with Alan Rickman's voice! Can you possibly beat that?!? For once the Seps were not exhibited with their usual mustache-twirling mannerisms. They were real people for once! And heck, we even got to see Dooku doing his actual job!

4) Hunt for Ziro - For a while this was my favorite episode, but in retrospect maybe it was a little too off the wall. Then again, that's exactly why I love it so much. More often than not TCW's attempts at comedy end up trite and overly cutesy, but this one was utterly insane. When people ask me why they should bother watching TCW, I always mention this episode. EU fans get an added bonus with surfer dude Quin.

3) Friends and Enemies - Worst title ever. I almost docked it a place for that. But of all the episodes, it's one of the very few that gave me the old-school OT vibe from so many years back. Maybe it's the wild-west feel, sort of like ANH. And Obi-Wan's one of my favorite characters, so it was great seeing him do something that put all aspects of his character to the test. I always thought one of the best ways a writer can develop a character is put them in a situation completely out of their element and watch what they do.

2) The General - Again, for a while this was my favorite. Maybe in a few minutes it will be again. It's really a toss-up for #1. Almost everything about this episode was perfect. I loved how the clones subtly became more accustomed to dealing with the environment. I loved the new technology. And I absolutely loved that scene where the clones all throw their hands up in the air and start debating one another. The audience was just as much at a loss for a solution as the clones were, and you could totally sympathize with them (even Dogma, to a degree -- heck, how were we to know Krell was an actual villain? There was a good chance he was a true hero and they should have had confidence in him!).

Another thing I loved about that episode was the end. I hate tragedies. A little tragedy is ok, especially when it makes the victory sweeter. So when the clones actually succeeded in their foolhardy plan, after failing at everything else, it was that much more gratifying.

1) Cloak of Darkness - OK I'm biased. It's Season 1 and the animation's a little shaky, with character models looking like they walked straight out of Sims 3, but heck, Nute Gunray kicks friggin' butt. And the Separatists actually achieve a legitimate, competent victory. Plus this was back in the day when the Republic recognized the significance of the Separatist Council members. And... the episode was written by Paul Dini. Not like that was a requirement for the #1 spot, but dialogue counts.

AkashKedavra_93