main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Again, we could be here all day at this rate. There are a number of movies that, if i came across them on TV, regardless of where they were in the film, I'd stop and watch the rest of it because I liked it so much and regardless of if they were on a channel with commercial breaks. These would be:

Big Trouble in Little China, Zombieland, Clue, Apollo 13, Labyrinth, RED, Sneakers, Wargames, Tron, Return of the Jedi, Beverly Hills Cop, Fletch, Star Trek IV, Star Trek VI, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Dark Knight, Spaceballs, Maverick, MST3K: The Movie, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and we'll stop there with 20 films.

Then there are movies that are my favorites, but, of course, must be viewed uninterrupted from beginning to end. most are parts of larger series so we'll say any film from the following series of films:

Back to the Future Trilogy, Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, The Star Wars Series, Marvel's "Avengers" Universe (Ironman, Thor, etc...except for the incredible hulk...didn't like that one), Lord of the Rings (uncut of course), The Harry Potter Series, The Indiana Jones Trilogy, 007 movies w/Pierce Brosnan, and The Matrix Trilogy. Singular films include, The Incredibles, Brave, Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2, Robocop, Disney's The Three Musketeers (the live action one), 2010: The Year We Make Contact, along with many others.

Again, I could go on and on, but as you can see from the lists, Return of the Jedi is the only one I'd stop and watch no even if it was half over. I'm not sure why that is, maybe because the story is straightforward, non-complicated, and really easy to drop into the middle of. I do know it ranks solidly in my #1 position of my ranking of the first six films. I do enjoy the other five as well, very much so, but they're more grand, epic adventures, quality not withstanding, and they are done justice watching them from beginning to end.

So, are the first six films my top six films of all time period? No, but they do rank up there pretty high alongside with several other good films that I enjoy every moment of.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    #4. What were your first thoughts what you saw the TCW movie for the first time SenatorKelberry?

3. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Right up until that moment that the lights went down in the theater on opening weekend, I was simply curious. Up until that point, nothing outside the first six films existed to me. I didn't read the EU, books, comics, anything. The only two Star Wars games I had played were "Tie Fighter" (they so need to remake that) and "Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II".

I thought to myself "This is it. Maybe this is my gateway into something different. This is supposed to be the first part of a series and that clip I saw of the battle on the side of a cliff looked visually impressive. maybe there's something to this. This Ahsoka character looks like she's got potential too". I won't lie, Ahsoka was one of the main reasons I gave TCW a shot.

I already knew I wasn't going to get the 20th Century Fox fanfare. I was OK with that. Then came the opening. Hmmm...no John Williams score...eh, whatever, maybe Lucas was too cheap to cough up the royalties...which was actually kind of surprising ...and no opening crawl...instead we get a news reel. Hmmm...not sure how well this is going to go over with fans...two minutes in and I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to feel about all this...

Then the film slammed the audience right into the middle of the fire fight on Christophsis and I instantly forgot about everything else. Wow, people are being shot, calling for medics, and everything...hey this is kinda cool. i really got into the story and the musical score, and as the movie progressed I really go into the Ahsoka character and enjoyed Ventress and her battle with Obi-Wan. I loved the battle between Anakin and Dooku as well. The one thing, though, I found morbidly amusing, and still do to this day, is how Anakin and Ahsoka hijack The Twilight, then race into battle, getting everyone in a hangar bay they want to land in killed, before Anakin even thinks of having Ahsoka check for medical supplies in the back. Little lapse in judgement there.

By the time I left the theater I knew I'd have to tune in for the series premiere in a few weeks. The rest is history.

Seerow likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow another person whose gateway might have been TCW. I thought I was the only one.

#5. How do you most like to watch your movies? Do you have a cool mangave SenatorKelberry? (Or girl cave.=b)

5. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I suppose my bedroom counts as my 'girlcave'. My mate and I are one of those couples that have their own rooms. I know there are different schools of thought on that, but after 17 years, we must be doing something right. it's nice having my own space. Anyway, I use my computer in my bedroom frequently for games, chatting, work and other stuff, so usually when I'm in the mood to put on something while I'm on the computer I have a 22" 720P HDTV w/networked Blu-Ray player right here on the large desk with me. In fact, I'm watching "The Gathering" (for the millionth time) as I type this. The TV's right next to my monitor, which is pretty handy.

Now, when I want the full experience, out in the living room, we have a 46" 1080p HDTV, a PS3 for the Blu-Ray player, with a rather old 5.1 surround sound system, which I will probably replace some day but it works well enough. I'll usually curl up on the sofa with some Sweet Tea, soda or other beverage. Sometimes at night, we'll turn the lights out too for the full theater experience.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome! High five for the techy girls!

#6. Who are your 10 favorite male characters in Star Wars? I'll let you got up to 15 if 5 of them are TCW originals SenatorKelberry.

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I have to say that you have excellent taste.

Whoa.
    [​IMG]

Good to see someone in LACWAC keeping the home fires burning.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah great movies there. I included Big trouble in Little China in my list too. Carpenter at his best.

SenatorKelberry likes this.
  9. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Well, my EU exposure being somewhat limited as I said, I'd have to put together a list like this (in no particular order):

Han Solo (the original scoundrel. Hard to go wrong with him)
    Lando Calrissian (like Han, but smoooooth...)
    Emperor Palpatine (Someone who is such a master manipulator to pull of what he did, especially since I've had the chance to see him in the prequels and TCW, is worthy of my respect)
    Boba Fett (the funny thing is I haven't read any of his EU material. my opinion is based, mostly, on his appearances in the OT.)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (His got a lot more depth to his character in the PT and TCW, which is what makes him so interesting. I like his love/hate relationship with Ventress too)
    Cad Bane (I could stare at almost anybody in a long black coat and wide brimmed hat all day long... When he was in prison garb in season 4, I was so sad)
    Hondo Ohnaka (Hondo is Hondo. 'nuff said.)
    Tera Senube (Sure he was in one episode (and the news reel of another) but I was interested in his method of teaching Ahsoka...and saber-canes are cool)
    Captain Rex (mainly because I love his character development to date. The show's doing a good job of making me care what happens to him eventually)
    Professor Huyang (I'm sorry, I'm a Doctor Who fan. I can't help it. David Tennant makes everything awesome!)

Honorable mentions:
    Luke Skywalker (sure he's the lead in the OT, but personality-wise, he wasn't quite as engaging as others I might choose. I still like him, but not for a top ten)
    Lux Bonteri (I know, he's not the most popular figure, but lately I've been curious to see what direction his relationship with Ahsoka goes in)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    7. If we put your list of favorite characters into "The Box" (or in a couple cased back in). Which ones do you think would get out alive SenatorKelberry?

11. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

That's a tough one...well I'd have to go with Cad Bane and Obi-Wan since they made it through once already. Palpatine wouldn't go into the box in the first place. he'd manipulate someone else into taking his place...it wouldn't end well. Hondo would make it because...well...he's Hondo. And Professor Huyang would summon has TARDIS and make a last minute escape! Everyone else is a crispy critter!

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    8. If we put all those characters into a death match who would win SenatorKelberry?

13. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

After fierce fighting, it would eventually come down to a face off between Cad Bane and Hondo. After battling back and forth for hours, judges would declare the match a draw because they're both just so cool.

And that will do it for me for today. I'll be back tomorrow!

Seerow likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    9. If you could pick any song to be the theme song for SW. What would you pick SenatorKelberry?

15. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Not sure I could think of one song to cover the whole galaxy. I suppose if they were going to ax John Williams and redo the score, they could bring in Mythos or Mannheim Steamroller, my two favorite new age instrumental groups. Daft Punk might work too...or maybe Blue Man Group...that would be amusing.

But let's dive into pop songs, and see what we get, shall we?

Jedi Theme = "The Touch" and/or "Dare" both by Stan Bush
    Sith Theme = "Princes of the Universe" or "Gimme The Prize" Both by Queen
    Rebel Alliance Theme = "Another Part of Me" by Michael Jackson or "In Time" by Robbie Robb or "Land of Confusion" by Genesis
    Imperial Theme = "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n Roses and/or "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by REM.

Songs they should consider inserting into the celebration scene at the end of RotJ for the Ultra Special Edition:
    "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung
    "Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats
    "Celebrate" by Kool and the Gang

Seerow likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    10. SenatorKelberry which planet in the SW would you most want to visit?

17. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

I almost said Corusant, but I kind of have a thing about heights. Which is weird because I don't mind flying at all, flying is fun. But you'd never get me to lean over the railing of a high balcony. In fact the few times I've visited the Sears Tower in Chicago I don't even get too close to the glass.

Tatooine's too hot...Hoth is too cold...

Nar Shaddaa could be fun if I had the credits to spend, and had a bodyguard with me just in case any slavers got any ideas after I'd had a few too many.

Though I think the most fun would be the Forest Moon of Endor. I really enjoy forests and could see having a little cabin in the woods there, enjoying the serenity of it. Spend my days going hiking and enjoying nature. If I had to choose one that would be it.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    lol I hate heights to. I think someone would have to pay me a small fortune to get me up the Sears Tower.

11. If you were a Jedi how would you have survived order 66 SenatorKelberry?

19. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

Well, I never pictured myself as a 'front lines' sort, instead I'd be closer to a Jedi researcher or historian. Therefore I likely would have been at the temple when the order came down. As it became apparent that holding the temple was a lost cause, I would quickly gather any informational crystals I could carry and make a...uhm...strategic withdrawal. I'd mind trick my way into a hostel or inn or something, probably in one of the slum districts long enough to get my bearings and figure out just what the hell happened. Once the full reality of the situation sank in, I'd pack up, mind trick my way onto some unregistered transport offworld and then probably make for Endor and build that cabin in the woods I've been so fond of and live off the land as a hermit, much like Yoda, until the empire fell.

Whether or not I would return to the new Jedi order afterwards, presuming I lived that long, would likely depend on how bitter and cynical I let myself become living in isolation like that...maybe I'd fall to the Dark Side...

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    12. Which 5 episodes are your favorite TCW episodes and why SenatorKelberry?

21. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    1. "The Gathering" - This one managed to knock "Brain Invaders" from the rank it held for the longest time. I love this episode a lot because, to me, it reminds me a lot of the cave scene in ESB and shows all the different qualities a Jedi should have and the trials even the youngest Jedi must face to prove themselves. On the first viewing, it was fun for me to watch each youngling carefully and come to my own determination of what lesson it was they were supposed to learn. it's a pleasure to watch again and again.
    2. "Brain Invaders" - This was at the top of my list until recently, mainly because we have an 'odd couple' of Padawans, one somewhat reckless, the other by the book, trapped together on a small ship full of hostiles. The action was tense as was the drama. Watching Ahsoka force to battle against her new friend, and hesitate to strike the killing blow even as Barriss begs and pleads for it, just took the episode to a whole new level.
    3. "Lethal Trackdown" - I know people found plenty of faults in this episode, and I did too, but what makes me come back to it again and again was just how much insight I gained into the relationship between Ahsoka and Plo Koon. That they had one at all was, of course, hinted at way back in "Rising Malevolence" but it was here that it flourished. When Plo chastised Ahsoka for her lack of subtlety and she responded with a shamed and humbled "Sorry Master Plo..." that screamed volumes about the high regard she held him in.
    4. "Nightsisters" - I think this one is on here because it introduced me to an intriguing new group of people that I wanted to learn everything I could about. Here I learned that there were other people other than Jedi and Sith who had powers just as impressive. They also possessed a sort of pack mentality it seemed to me. Sure they came off as being, if not exactly evil, then at least driven by their own desires at any cost, more "Lawful Evil" instead of "Chaotic Evil" for those that know the terms. Yet they cared about each other and were loyal to each other. It saddened me when there were massacred and there's still a part of me that would like to see Mother Talzin return and rebuild.
    5. "A Friend in Need" - Ok, ok, I'm sorry, but I think Lux and Ahsoka go well together. I know not everyone does, but I do. It was good to see their friendship develop here. Watching them both improvise, first with Ahsoka claim to be his betrothed and then Lux having to force a kiss on her (probably her first one) were amusing to watch. I also liked the "Careful not to choke on your stupidity." line quite a bit.

Honorable mentions:
    "Padawan Lost" - Good gut-check episode for Ahsoka, but Kalifa's death scene is hard for me to watch.
    "Assassin" - Average episode, but the chat Padme and Ahsoka had over a game of holochess was an absolute pleasure.

Seerow likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  23. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

1. The top spot goes to Season 2's "Holocron Heist". The Season 1 finale teased us with this new character Cad Bane and Season 2 opens with him topping his senate job by breaking in, successfully, to the Jedi Temple, establishing just what kind of a badass bounty hunter he really was.
    2. Next is "Ambush", the episode that started it all. It was good seeing Yoda out in the field, and not only that but dispensing wisdom as well. thus far that episode turns out to be the most active we've seen him, and I actually kinda miss that.
    3. "Clone Cadets". I enjoyed seeing exactly how clones get their start in training. Nice to know, in a way, they don't all come out of the tubes instantly knowing how to be perfect soldiers. it really re-enforced the individualism they possessed despite all of them supposedly being born with the same mindset.
    4. "Water War". Nice seeing Admiral Ackbar. not sure I really bought Lee char as a ruler, though. Also, wearing only a face mask I wondered just what kept poor Ahsoka's lekku from shrivelling up with saturation.
    5. Lastly, we have "Revival". It felt really like it should've been stuck on to the end of season 4 as the season finale, rather than used to open this season with. It's almost like they ran out of time/episodes in season 4, and this was the leftovers. An average episode.

Seerow likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    14. If you could go back in a time machine and fix your least favorite season how would you do it SenatorKelberry?

25. Senator Kelberry

Mar 22, 2010
    Seerow

That's a tough one. Despite popular opinion, every season has had really good things in them, some more than others, certainly, but I can look to every season and point out things I liked in it.

Still, I would probably pick Season One, only because many TV series spend their first season finding their footing, seeing what works and what doesn't, etc. ST:TNG was like that and it went on to be a great show.

So, first I'll go back and burn every copy of "The Gungan General" in existence because the universe as a whole will be a much better place with out it.
    Next I'll swing by the "Blue Shadow Virus" Cut out Michael York and paste in Tim Curry, because Tim Curry = Awesome.
    Then, I'll drop by "Defenders of Peace" and replace flamboyant, silly Lok Durd with the violent, psychotic Lok Durd we got in "Clone Wars: Gambit"
    Then, just for laughs, I'd drop by "Hostage Crisis" and shoot a scene, purely for the blooper reel, of Anakin handing Padme his lightsaber at the beginning, aimed at her stomach as it was, then have her accidentally flick the on switch because I'd seriously laugh myself sick if she had inadvertently impaled herself with it.

Barriss_Coffee and Seerow like this.