main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Lancaster County Garrison planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Oh, actually, I meant Eric's head. Your head would be fine. But his head would NEVER fit into that Yoda mask!

2. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Yeah - while I've never regarded my head as "freakishly large" or anything, let's put this in perspective. I can *BARELY* wear the Don Post Standard X-Wing helmet. My nose gets flattened out against the visor. Yoda mask? Probably not gonna happen [face_laugh]

3. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    I found a cheap hoe!

Seriously, at Wal-Mart in the toy section, they have these cute plastic toy garden sets, which include a brightly-colored plastic hoe, rake and shovel for $1.89. They're just the right holster-sized accessory for your Lancaster County Garrison costume- and the price is certainly right.

So, can you peace-bond my hoe? :oops:

4. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Sweet! Hoe shopping!!! (note to self, fashion tool belt.....)

5. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Hoe-licious! ;)

I'll check out my walmart :)

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok I gotta ask, which of these costumes will be funier seen in the Lancaster Garrison:

- Snowtrooper (Lori is doing that as well so we could be "twins".)
    - Jawa
    - Darth Nihilus
    - Royal Guard

Ok let me know since that determines my hat size. :D

7. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    I vote for either Snowtrooper if we want to go for the total twin look, or Royal Guard if you want to go for Quiltus Maximus.

For my Snowtrooper, I'm making a duster out of white pre-quilted fabric, and I'm sewing hex-sign cogs out of felt (so I don't have to deal with hems- doing hems on a cog is a nightmare with all those tiny edges) in red, yellow and bright blue to sew on the duster in a quilt-like pattern (no actual quilting involved- I'm faking it). I'm wearing the standard armor, but I'm going to add white suspenders over the chest armor. Plus, of course, the Amish hat and gray beard over the helmet. The normal Mukluks are a must. I may pin a hex-sign cog on the outside of each boot to brighten things up a bit, though. We'll see how it looks.

8. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Amish Jawa *ROTFL* I can see it now, with a big old beard "Utini...english".

Likewise, Royal guard with a big honking beard. *more laughing*

I like all the choice you listed, LOL.

9. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    How about an amish Jawa Royal Snowtrooper? ;P

10. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

:eek:

I am leaning towards the Snowtrooper, but the idea of putting a bonnet on the Jawa has a certain ring to it however. ;)

11. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    It's time for me to put hat production into overdrive for anyone who will have a finished costume by Shore Leave. Eric Tank won't be able to join us- unfortunately his new work schedule conflicts with the convention.

Last listing I had of costumes was as follows:

Vader: Charles
    Greedo: Ken
    Clonetrooper: Eugenia
    Boba Fett: Chrissy

Plus Wendy's working on her own costume for DragonCon, although she won't make it to Shore Leave (she can take my place, since I can't make it to DragonCon this year :_| )

Darth Minx had expressed an interest in Yoda- are you going to go for it?

Everyone on the list, please confirm if you need a finished hat by Shore Leave and whether I've got you matched up with the right mask. Thanks!

-Lori

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Thanks Lori!! Ken and I will be there, as you have us!! I'm looking forward to it!

13. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    I won't be going to Shore Leave so you can count me out.

14. Torque_Brokoli

Torque_Brokoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    I will need a hat, so I can shoot Han first. With a rake.

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Hey, look! It's Ken!!!

Yep. World's ending.

16. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    What's sad is he's finally on this site and he's posted twice as often as he has on the site that took hhim in from day one! We even made you El Presidente, and this is how you repay us!?!?

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002

OMG!!!! :eek:

Ken!?! Is that you!?! =D=

18. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    you guys better take pictures at DragonCon because I really want to see this garrison! [face_laugh]

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    He'll be back on the other site to. There's slight internet issues at the Wards' House. In that, we have none. Well, it's messed up, and we can't figure out what the person who set it up did. Ah well. We'll get it straightened out one day. Or call on one of you lovely computer types.

20. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all, so a thought occured to me the other day. If the 501st is "Vader's Fist," and the 409th is "Vader's Broom," what's the Lancaster Cty Garrison? I vote for "Vader's Butter Churn." [face_laugh]

And yes, I guess I do need to go get a life! [face_laugh] :-B

21. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    actually, I think that's pretty funny!

22. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I like it. I'll have Ken add it to the Amish wheel design.

23. Torque_Brokoli

Torque_Brokoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2006
    It would be nice if we could get together and do some planning for the upcoming Cons, including the DragonCon program. We don't have the spare or emergency time that we once did.

24. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002

Ok, I thought I'd bump this up so those who are going Amish can have a costume idea. I know I haven't gotten back to working on what Ken and I are wearing what with not living with my sewing machine and costuming stuff these days. (WalMart here we come!) Anyway, does this sound like a good costume idea?

Also, is there a vague headcount as to who is going to be in the Amish Garrison? I know Lori had a list of hats she was making, but I think things may have changed when we switched it from Farpoint to Shore Leave. Are there spare hats/masks/helmets from those who can't make it? Might be able to round up a person or two to toss in the mix if there are extras around, but I'd have to warn them before roping them into our madness.

Can you tell I just realized it's only a few weeks away?

25. EricT

EricT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    As far as I know, the Shore Leave line-up was Lori, Ken, Eugenia, Charles and Chrissy. At least, those were the people who told me they wanted hats. If anyone on the list doesn't want a hat, please TELL ME NOW or I'll be wasting a lot of time on your behalf in the next few days.

I can't add any additional hats to the list because there won't be time to make them, but anyone who wants to jump in on the costume idea can come up with their own.

I do have a few extra brightly-colored plastic farm tools from WalMart and one extra beard (red) if anyone would like to borrow those items for Shore Leave. Please let me know by Thursday if you'd like me to bring them along.

Ooops- apparently Eric didn't log off the board last time he was on the computer...this message is really by Lori....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.