main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Larena's Cafe

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by _Vengeance_, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    *Pokes his head out of the kitchen door once again*

Wow! Welcome back, IJ!

I totally remember your leaving to go to Japan, and your occasional checking-ins on us while you were over there. Has it really been more than a year? Seems like it has been a lot longer since the folks from first and second generations of the OFF have shown their faces hereabouts. How has everything been?

On a side note, I just checked back into the earlier posts of the OFF boards and saw this post by you from '02:

Okay, today I went to my town's Amtgard meeting and loved it. Amtgard is "Live Action Roleplaying" in the fantasy genre. In Amtgard you get faom covered swords and play fight. It's really fun. Online I found there are very few like it, even one or two Sci-Fi. I think it would be cool if the FanForces offered a SW live action RP. Think it is possible? Any ideas?

-IJedi

I can't remember which town you hailed from, but was that in Salem? If so, we may have chance met once upon a time, as I played with the Silvermoon folks here for awhile before I started my own group that was more RP friendly. There's another one that some folks from around here do as well called... erm... I think it's Rising Sun or something, but it's a kind of Sci-Fi cyberpunkish post-apocalyptic system, and each meeting is actually a weekend campout and you're only allowed to be out of character for the first hour or two after you arrive, at which point it's all RP all the time. Fun stuff, I've been out with them once or twice. Been awhile though.

Anywho, excellent to hear from you once more! It's always nice to see one of the long-gone members poke in :D

EDIT: Haha, and while I'm talking about old posts, here are some from Larena from the original Larena's Cafe (today must be the day of nostalgic recollections of the past day):

What? Nobody is gunna post today ether?!
    I've been all alone all day checking back every hour or so!I'm gunna be going to bed early tonight to catch up on sleep and the moment I get off everybody will decide to get on!I'm hitting the hay stack around 9:00 if I can,depends on the cruelty of teachers giving me a certain amount of homework!I know that's pretty early on my own free will but I'm smart!Everybody will be dead for the school week while i'm refreshed!:^)

---

OK,SOMEONE BETTER BE HERE TODAY,I'LL BE AT SCHOOL SO I BETTER SEE SOME POSTS WHILE I'M GONE!LOL!!! Just kidding!Wow,three posts in a row...I'm begining to feel like nobody is here.LOL!

Sound familiar? ;)

2. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    LOL! I'm glad I'm remembered. Thanx for the welcome back, Vengeance! :)

Well, I went to the Amtgard meetings a few times with some HS friends. We were in Dallas. I haven't been to those in a long, long time. Whatever you have going over there sounds pretty fun though.

I guess I'll hang out here and see if anyone else stops by. *IJ gracefully sits in deep red loveseat.* Nice.

-IJedi

3. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    "Hey Venge, can you get me something off of the "top shelf"...You know the one beverage that you drink once you become a "MAN" :D That would be great if you could pour me some."

4. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    IMPERIALJEDI?!?!?!?!?!?!

WOAH MAN, It's been too long. Way too long. How goes it???? Life treatin ya well?

This is actually the THIRD cafe, amazingly enough. First one got run down, second one...uh...got.....abandoned or something i really don't remember, and this one!

5. nathanskywalker

nathanskywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2005
    * I would like to stand up, and walk over to the counter8

Hello, vengenace is it? How is buisness? Ah, could i get somo jawa juice and dewback steak please?

6. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey Larena! I can't beleive this is #3.

Merry Christmas everyone!

-IJedi

7. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    *walking through the doors, pausing slightly at the entrance, the dark man scans the room, happy to see many regulars still around. the last few months had been tough, cracking down on bounties left and right. His lightsaber had received more action in that short time span than in the last year, and it was good. With his customers happy, and his bank account overflowing with credits, he could now sit down and enjoy a bottle of Ithorian Surprise. And thats just what he did*

"Uh, bartender, can I get my regular please? Thanks."

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    hey Medford, been a little busy? Sit down and stay awhile!

9. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    *IJedi signals to a bartender. She leans in close to whisper her inquiry.* So, who's that guy that just came in?

10. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    *Venge smiles at the dark fellows request, takes a bottle of Ithorian Surprise from the higher shelf, and pours a nice tall glass for him.*

"Here ya go, should take your mind off the action for a while!" he says as he places the drink on the counter in front of Medford.

*After returning the bottle to the shelf, he notices a calling gesture from the other end of the counter. Venge walks over to the patron and listens as she inquires as to the dark fellows identity. He chuckles and whispers back*

"Actually, I'm not all too sure myself. He hasn't much of his going ons outside of the cafe, but he enjoys the cloak'n'corner look and carries a lightsabre around at all times. Could be a Jedi, or maybe something else of that nature."

*He shrugs and walks out to the large aluminum pole in the corner that is not enshadowed. Sighing he hefts the pole up and carries it back into the back room.*

11. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    Happy New Year, folks!!!!!

:D[face_dancing]:D=D=[face_chicken]]-}:eek:[face_peace]

12. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    *IJedi briefly wonders what the large aluminum pole is, but pushes the question aside. Counting out a hefty tip, she leaves the Imperial Credits on the counter for Venge. IJedi then stands up from the counter and looks around at the other cafe patrons.*

"Thank you for your kindly welcome. As it is, I've stayed rather late and must now return to my Star Destroyer. Good Day!"

*The Imperial Jedi then swept from the cafe promising to herself to return as soon as she had the opportunity to do so.*

-IJedi

13. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    A dark figure walks through the door. Dressed in a robe with the hood pulled over his head, boot steps creating clouds of dust as the sands of time roll off his pack slung across his shoulder. The dark figure approaches the bar and takes a seat on the end. The dark figure lets the pack slip off his shoulder to the floor, and peals back the hood. Looking around the room, scanning the faces of people he once knew, the dark figure speaks. "I'm back from my journey!"

14. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    HE RETURNS!!!

Get that man a seat right here at the counter and I'll prepare him a nice big cup of jawa juice! How have you been whilst away from us???

15. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    "Vengeance my friend, thank you. Jawa Juice is good for the soul." Takes a sip before telling his tales, "I was in a place others seek, but never find. Within yourself lies a world in which everything you need is there. Sometimes people leave and never come back to tell the tale in which they found the darkest secrets of the world. For greed does that, and we all know the greed is of the Darkside. When people follow the path of the Darkside, forever will it dominate your destiny. There have been a few that have returned to the Light, through the help of friends and family, and for that I will pass onto others". Lifts his cup, "Cheers mates! May the Force be with us All!"

16. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    *Crash looks up from his drink.

"So, what you are saying is that you got a job that paid a lot of money. You were living high on the hog but then got laid off and now have nothing."

"Ah yes, I know the story well."

17. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    *ImperialJedi walks into a bar...* "Ouch!" j/k :p

*ImperialJedi walks into her fav Cafe wearing civilian clothes. Eyeing the patrons of her favorite establishment, she heads to the counter. When the bartender approaches her she smiles and says,* "Hello! I was hoping to try a new drink today. Could you surprise me?"

-IJedi

18. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    "Sure thing!" Venge says as he begins to mix some multicoloured liquids together. Noticing the lack of slick imperial attire, he ventures a question. "So, you off duty or something?" Before she answers Venge lifts a glowing, wavy glass filled with blue, green, purple, and orange liquids that don't seem to want to mesh. A bioluminescent fish swims in the glass, apparently meant to stir the drink.

"Don't worry about the fish," he says as he places it on the counter, "It's the key ingredient of a Calamari Crush!"

19. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Not wanting to attracted the imperial eyes of the new comer, Crash slips out the side door.

20. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    IJedi watches in interest as her drink was prepared. Venge asks her a question and a then presents her Calamari Crush before she could answer. Surprised at the fish, "You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but is the fish consumed with the liquid or is it just decoration?" Following his directions, she tentively takes her first sip. "Hmm, that's pretty good. Very different, I can see how the texture can through someone off, nevermind the live fish."

Glancing around the Cafe again, she notices that it seems less crowded then a moment ago. Thinking back to his question she answers it off-hand, "I'm on leave for a while. The uniforms look spiffy, but it's great to just relax and wear something else for a while. Hopefully, I won't scare away as many as your customers as I would otherwise." IJedi indicated her dark blue attire and straigtened her tunic in a very Imperial manner. Returning to her drink she asked Venge, "Have you always worked here? You must see a lot of interesting people in a job like this."

-IJedi

21. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    Atticus get up from his stool and looks for some more stuff to drink. As he stumbles about behind the bar he finds the perfect drink.

"Venge why were you hiding this stuff, ovaltine is good for you, it has all of the required vitamins in it."

Atticus pours himself a HUGE cup of ovaltine and sits back down at his stool.

22. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I remember Ovaltine. Isn't that what the astronauts drank....or was that Tang?

23. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    I dont know, Im not that old...and mature and wise like you. All I know is that ovaltine tastes great. :D

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
  25. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    It's been more than two months since Larena has posted or even logged in.

Anyone know where our Official Embassador is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.