main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Larena's Cafe

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I hope this is okay, Larena. ;)

This cafe is dedicated to Larena. She is very enthusiastic about Star Wars and so I thought it was fitting. There is also a large area in which Star Wars products like books, figures, computer games, etc, are being sold. This cafe is where we can talk about Star Wars over some hot chocolate, blue milk, or even something stronger. There are a lot of comfortable chairs to sit in. Imagine Borders, except virtual. Have fun!

-IJedi

2. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I love Timothy Zahn's SW books! Thrawn is so hot! I can't wait for the prequal book Zahn is writing. TFU (Thrawn Fans Unite) voted and decided that Jason Isaacs or Jeromy Irons would be the best actors for Thrawn. I took a picture of Jason Issacs from Resident Evil and Chissified it. What do you think?

[image=http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/xcountryjedi/rethrawn.jpg]

Thrawn Smiley:
    ,: )

-IJedi

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey,I'm cool with that!This is awsome!
    I don't usually get this much attention on message boards,if anything I get a reply saying nobody cares!
    Anyway,does anyone have a Below 20 store around them? Everything there is below $20 and i looked in the Starwars section and guess what i saw!!!!!! Serimonial Luke for $12!!!! They are running out of the SW stuff but they still have a little in stock!

4. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    *IJedi plops into a chair with her new SW comic book.*

Below 20? I thought that was a clothing store at Lancaster Mall. Where did you go? :)

-IJedi

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I don't even know if there is more than one anymore cause this one is about to go out!It is a really old store but it's hangin on,they said they might not be there next time i come by!(saddness!)
    It's really far out of your way into a no name town(were i myself used to live!)It's a town called Hubbard. If it doesn't ring a bell that doesn't suprise me!It is a small town outside of a small town outside of a small town outside of a small town near Canby!

6. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hmm, Hubbard sounds familar. I won't be going out there anytime soon, but thanx for telling me.

*Orders some hot chocolate.*

Larena, your Admiral Daala icon reminds me of Ginny Weasley in the new Harry Potter movie. Have you seen CoS? I have it was awesome!

-IJedi

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm not really into Harry Potter,no offence on your side but i think it's kinda stupid!
    But your totally cool!We just have diferent opinions!

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Good morning,

I'll take a hot coco please. So, Do you guys read the NJO? I don't like going to the Lit forum anymore because I've had the last 3 books spoiled in there.

Kam

9. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    "I think someone's beginning to take notice of your handy work" (turns to see troopers standing at the door)

Sorry,just had to!

10. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    hehe, that's okay Larena.

I've tried to read Vector Prime, but I got bored and have yet to finish it before the library return date. I put it on my Christmans Wish List though, so maybe someone will get it for me. *Sips on Hot Chocolate* What do you want for Christmas?

-IJedi

11. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    "I'll order um....apple juice! No just kiddin,um.....Do you serve Ginger Ale?Great,i'll have that!"

I want the music scores on piano sheets so i can play Star Wars! I figured out all the songs by ear and added chords but i want the real deal!

12. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Greetings. I'll have a tall double shot mocha late with hazelnut flavoring.

I love the NJO series so far. I haven't read very much of it, but I have to say...Traitor is one of the best books I've ever read, Star Wars or otherwise. It's just...amazing.

I'll be reading a lot lately, because I just bought 13 SW books, some of them very good ones like Children of the Jedi, for 3 bucks.

He he.

13. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    *Flips through the comic book.* I just got this last week. It's Betrayal. Apparently, I'm missing part 1, 3, and 4. I've never really been into comic books. They're not bad. I actually like them.

That's a good deal with the books. I like to buy my books new at the reg price, but I have a good number of 2nd hand ones for a dollar.

I invited one of my classmates from Monmouth/Independence to this Portland FanForce. He said his favorite part of Ep. 2 was Natalie Portman, and the second fav part was the action. I hope he stops by.

Oh, and just in case I don't stop by or I forget, Happy Thanksgiving! :D

-IJedi

14. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey speaking of holidays.....Star Wars Holiday Specail!!!!!!! Do they air it every Life Day (christmas) or what?

15. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    Coffee black please.....

You don't want to see the SW Holiday Special!(Wave of hand)
    It isn't the show you wanted to see.
    (waves hand again)

Did my Jedi mind trick work? I've been practicing!:)

I D/L'd it a few weeks ago to relive the horror.....trust me....AVOID IT!!!!!!!!!

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    That's what everyone tells me and the more i'm told to stay away from it the more i want to see it! I know it will be horrible but everyone is getting on my nerves!
    If i watch it than I can tell people not to watch it from experiance! I just wanna know if they are gunna air it on T.V.!

17. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I've always wanted to watch it just to say I saw it. It does look pretty awful.

-IJedi

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    PLEASSSSSE tell me when/were/if it's gunna be on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey! More extra stuff on episode 2 dvd!
    It's a gag reel!(not as funny as Epi. 1 but it's still pretty funny!)

ON DISC 1 GO TO OPTIONS,THEN HIGHLIGHT THE THX AND PRESS +10,HIGHLIGHT AGAIN AND PRESS 3,HIGHLIGHT ONCE AGAIN AND PRESS 8!

Anakin is really clumsy!

20. DARTH_ANN

DARTH_ANN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2000
    I'll have a Chai tea latte.

They will never air the Star wars holiday special again. I think I've read a quote from GL saying that. But, a couple years ago (when I had a cable modem) I downloaded it from somewhere on the internet. I watched part of it and couldn't finish it. It was really bad. I'll see if I can find a link for you if you're really glutton for punishment.

21. DARTH_ANN

DARTH_ANN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2000
    Okay, after much searching I think that I've come to the conclusion that GL has searched everything that had "holiday, special, and download" in it and had it destroyed. But maybe this might help

http://www.theforce.net/faq/#holiday_special

22. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks DARTH_ANN. Perhaps a copy can be found on eBay.

I wish my DVD player had numbers to press. Can't get at the extras. :mad: Thanx anyway, Larena. :)

I got a job! I start next week at one of those new KFC/A&W stores. I'm so excited.

*Pulls Shadow Hunter off a nearby shelf.* This looks a lot more interesting than my math homework. :p

-IJedi

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ebay......................(looks off in ahw,notices that she's daydreaming and looks back at screen)
    that's my favorite christmas shopping place!
    Star Wars for cheap! (thas the way ta go!!!)

24. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Ahh yes this is a wonderfull palce if I might say so, I'll take a Mikes please. GULP....MMMMM so tasty, so all this talk about the star wars holiday special, I have to join in. Is this the animated special from the early 80s were discussing?? if so then no one will ever see that again (laughing insidiously) I do have a black market catalog that I use to purchase many great things and that does include the 80s style animted holiday special, it was the first appearence of my hero Boba Fett. Also Larena I am a self proclaimed "biggest star wars fan around", and I can help you out with your Star Wars collection, I have good sources and can get many figures for very cheap prices. Some as low as $1.99, keep in touch with me on this one kid alright. GULP.....AAAHHH, oh hey imperial jedi, what KFC AW are you working at?? is their more than 1?? I only know of the one here in Salem on lancaster, I go their to get rootbeer and popcorn chicken, man what a wonderful concept that place is the best this side of the Bell. Well ids my drink is done(wow to sips and its gone, I have got to stop drinkin em up that quick LOL).
    any more star wars questions or trivia, look no further than jimsidious, I am the only dude that has the...well I wont say that but I have a Fett tatoo and he rules
    Later kids see ya next time ;)

25. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    The KFC/A&W in Monmouth. It just opened, but I'm not working yet, soon.

If someone in the area has a copy of the Christmas special, we can have a Fan Force get together and watch it sometime.

Any luck on eBay, Larena?

-IJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.