main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Lay A Whisper On My Pillow"10/14* last message posted from author

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Jinn could not have been more wrong in his assumption that Obi-Wan find sleep quickly and soundly from the practice turned punishment.

While the apprentice?s body screamed for sleep, his mind would not give up its hold on his masters words. No there was no sleep to be had for Obi-Wan when he did drop to his bed in total exhaustion?. Well, the sleep did not come as quickly or easily as Master Jinn thought it would.

Late into the night, up until the early morning hours Obi-Wan?s mind went over and over what Qui-Gon said to him. He thought through how he could have changed things with just a few choice phrases spoken in a few choice places in their conversation earlier. That?s just ow simple it would have been to have eliminated all this miscommunication.

Obi-Wan now had the time to wonder why he hadn?t said those *choice* phrases, placed them where they should have been, scattered throughout the conversation.

Has the misunderstanding gone too far? Will I be able to straightened it out in the morning. Or will my master think I just found a way to smooth things over; that I thought better of revealing the truth he thinks came from my mouth. He truly believes I don?t want him as my master.. Oh Kenobi you are so stupid. Why didn?t I correct his wrong assumption when he popped up.

As a way to physically criticize the thoughts of his own stupidity, Obi-Wan smacked his forehead hard with the thought he let an opportune time to get everything ironed out. Finally, just as the sun began to rise up over the Coruscant mountains., Obi-wan let the well needed sleep claim his mind, only to go immediately into dreams that would eventually escalate into nightmare. Sleep would prove more disruptive to Obi-Wan?s mind than the lack of the once-thought very welcome state of unconsciousness..

Obi-Wan?s sweet dream of his memory of Cerasi turned to nightmares swiftly as they took a turn to the confrontation with his master. His glowing blue saber drawn.

Why? why? oh?. why did I do that; draw my saber on my own master? I could no more have used it than I I could cut off my hand, the later would be easier to do.

His nightmarish memories took on an even more macabre memory, Cerasi. There she stood, with a look of condemnation on her face. That look directed right at the apprentice already burdened with too many guilty feelings to give him more to carry.

He twisted in his bed, sheets tightened around him, his pillow thrown to the floor. Obi-Wan was left a mass of disheveled heap in his bed.

OBI! You let me die. Why? To follow your precious master is that it? I am gone and it is your fault. Do you hear me, all your fault? Do not blame your master. Your mind was on him, but it did not need to be. He had already left you?. left you because you betrayed him and then you betrayed me as well. Can you be a true friend to anyone? Will you betray your friends at the temple. Will Bant and Garen succumb to your treachery and end up on the dark side with the equally dark Padawan Victor Dyas?

###in the Jedi master?s bedroom###

Jinn fell asleep under the assumption his padawan would do so as quickly as he had. He was worn out mentally and physically. With much on his mind, he tried to close it off so as not to think or dream about it when he did fall asleep.

Qui-Gon?s dreams started with him being in a garden meditating, no doubt because that is how he spent much of his time when he was in one of his favorite temple gardens. A noise behind a tree broke up his dreamed meditative state..

Master Jinn you still battle for him do you not? Don?t bother. He doesn?t care for you. I don?t think Obi-Wan cares for anyone but himself.

Cerasi, you do not speak like a true friend to my padawan. He betrayed me for you.

Did he or did he just do it for the excitement. His betrayal of you did nothing to help me. You see, where I am, dead because he refused to help me. Did he tell you that precious master to Obi-Wan Kenobi; traitor to all he pretends to car

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    It was worth the wait! Thanks ewen! Great post.

Padawan Dyas needs to have his clock cleaned by Obi. Can't wait to find out what happens next.

Keep up the good writing.

Blade

3. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **pulls large stick out of nowhere and smacks all the characters over the head** WAKE UP! **puts stick away** Alrighty then. Excellent continuation, ewen! You certainly spin webs!

4. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Very goof I like the way you turned Obi's guilt to make Cerasi seem nasty, I can't wait for more.
    I hope there is more Cerasi only in a kinder light!

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I know my last post was longer than normal but if you feel like reading a little more before the weekend, I will send a teaser of the next post to you.

PEACE ewen

6. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Teaser? Oh Yes!!!

Please, Please! I'm leaving for a horse show tomorrow morning and will be gone all weekend, so I don't know when I'll be able to read a post. If you could post a teaser or another long post today (hint hint :) ) it would be great!

Thanks!
    Blade

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I enjoyed that long post. I can understand letting anger rule when you want to say something to help. Just a hint in a voice can stop nice thoughts. :mad: Qui and Obi sharing similar nightmares [face_shocked] what are the odds... evil. So are the nightmares the whispers? :confused: just wondering outloud.

Great building of the story and Dyas is sly one, looks like Obi-Wan is on his own for this. Again.

Teaser sound good!

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    PLEASE When I speak of Dwarfism I do it with no disrespect intended. Please don't think I do. ewen

###################

Down in the deepest bowels of the temple, Dyas stood with his little bunch of recruits, or was he the recruit chosen by the Paronauts? leader, Gorloff to help them with their mission. Padawan Victor Dyas was as mesmerized by them as the thought-of -lame-excuse for Jedi around him were of him. Bant, Garen, and Master Jinn were all under his forces just as he was under the dark force of the Paronauts. He just didn?t know it.

The Paronaut leader, Gorloff stood maybe three feet tall; a mirror image of a child for he did not bare the characteristics of dwarfism. No, his face was rosy blushed in color, plum-shaped and dimpled with what could only be described as baby fat on his cheeks. His smile most certainly came from an innocent young one. Well that would be anyone?s perception of it if he ever smiled in public. That was something Dyas had only been privy to seeing a couple of times since he?d known him. That was Gorloff?s outside appearance only.

Dyas knew that within the confines of that diminutive body and cherub appearance was a man, a grown man equal or more dangerous than Darth Sidious himself.

?Well have you managed to gain the trust of this Kenobi character you keep telling me about??

Dyas twisted his face and looked puzzled.

?Trust? No ever make the mistake of trusting a Jedi no matter how fiercely you have him under your grips. I will never have his trust, nor will he have mine, but I think he is starting to abate to my mind manipulations now. He is more difficult than the others, even his master. I had an easier time with Jinn than I have had with him. However, your dark force mind tricks are more expedient than ours. I predict it only will be a matter of days before he caves in to my mental demands of him.?

?Yes, you have found out hopefully that as misfits of the force, we have become quite resourceful with the use of our powers. You might say we have some very unique uses of our powers; colorful with a flair for the macabre. You might even say we work under reckless abandon when it comes to the consideration for others. We have had too. This life we lead is not the one we chose for ourselves. It was forced on us by the elders on our planet. Had we remained there we would have been under servitude little more than slaves to harness our special force powers for those who would have taken from us but not given back or shared in what we had to offer them. Dyas, we know more than you will ever be able to fill you mind with. We can manipulate the force in ways only the sith and possibly the Jedi dream of. I can show you all of them if you do as I ask; everything I ask of you.?

Dyas did not hear the double meaning behind those words. He was too wrapped up in is own warped thoughts of added power to himself.

?I have done as you have requested so far haven?t I? Like I said, I have Kenobi almost where you and I want him. After that, he?s yours.?

?He believes your little tale that we are but children, with no place to call our own. That we want to use our powers to help, no hinder the Jedi??

A devious look crossed Dyas? face. While the sentinel being in front of him plotted and planned his little escapade, Dyas had only one thing on his mind, to become the most powerful of Jedi. He would not use those powers to embrace the Jedi mantra. It would be for his own devious agenda, under the cloak of a Jedi; at least until he was ready to strike out on his own. All that was required of him was to follow the edicts of this little band of gypsy force sensitives. Very soon he would learn of all their powers. Powers, Jedi never dreamed possible.

The Paronaut leader waited impatiently, as if Dyas should bring up something but did not. Dyas, in his own little world of thoughts of power, forgot the one thing that was necessary to complete this little charade they planned.

?Well, when last we spoke I gave you a directive. Was it followed or are

10. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Ouch, the outsiders are plotting against the Jedi, and Obi-Wan. :mad: I?m glad Qui-Gon at least tried to avoid the confrontation with Mace. But, it was not to be.

The Jedi Order is possessed, but has Dyas worked on Mace yet or he just being Mace. Is it just going to get worse. [face_shocked] Great teaser, can?t wait for more...

11. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Qui got points in my book for this post! Mace lost them, in case you hadn't already figured that out! **jumps** Whoa. I was just staring at the screen for over a minute. I was zoning, that's for sure... Never mind.

Dyas is certainly in over his head, isn't he? Wonder if he knows what he is really getting into there...

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Dyas is a fool for trusting a Sith- hope he gets what he deserves

I'm taking mom to vegas for her b-day. I' be back around Wed. don't work too hard

13. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    That was a tease. Although I do have to wonder, does Qui know what is going on? Or is he being typical a male and can't see what's in front of him. Scuse the male bashing I mean nothing by it :D

14. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    WARNING!!!

If you opt to have Monday's post today, you may not get another until Thursday or Friday.

Very busy week ahead.

I am taking this afternoon just to rest, but the chapter is complete and ready to be posted NOW if you want it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend, I did!!!!

PEACE ewen

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I will take the post either today or tomorrow since I never made it to Las Vegas- unfortunately family funerals take precedence :(

16. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Yoda sat in his little apartment on his equally diminutive furniture. The force was out of *whack* some way, he just didn?t know how. He felt a disturbance knew it came from within the temple, but the particular disturbance was elusive, unknown as of yet to the master.

A glitch in the force there is from something, somewhere. Where I have yet to find. Something most confusing to me. Felt this presence I have never in all my life and my life, long one, is has been.

Yoda sat in his favorite easy chair and tapped his gnarled fingers on the armrest.

Most perplexing I find this, perplexing and mysteriously this is.

The feeling of discontent through the force grew with each passing day but the master came no closer to solving the mystery than when he first felt the tug against the force several days ago.

One thing Yoda thought he knew or suspected strongly was that it had to do with a padawan well? several padawans really. He felt the disturbance when he would occasionally enter the communal eating area. He also got a feeling exactly where the disturbance came from. The last couple of days it was where four young ones ate. However, today he pinpointed the resin of evil aura around one particular pad wan and confusion and despair from the other.. He got no feeling from the other two that sat with the two troubled ones. That was what Yoda thought of them as being; trouble padawans with one in a lot more trouble than the other because Yoda suspected he harbored at least some of the dark side in him.

Master Yoda put away those thoughts of problems in the temple and the force to beckon in the visitor who just rang his doorbell.

?Unlocked it is. Walk in you should, if desire it is to speak with me.?

There in the doorway with barely enough room to walk through it, stood his beloved most cherished of former pupils, Qui-Gon Jinn. Only when the six and a half foot tall master ducked, with his back bent, did he manage to make it in is former master?s home; his former home as well. Remembrance of times long ago when he knocked his head almost off when he came home from a night out with other senior padawans. Age-wise he was old enough to imbibe but not old enough to know how to handle such strong drinks. The next morning he would awake with a headache for two reasons; too many strong drink and a bump on the head from the overly short doorjamb.

?Master Yoda I would like to speak with you for a moment, if you have the time.?

?So formal you are today. Reason for this visit, your padawan or your best friend it is??

?What makes you think I have a problem that I just didn?t come to visit??

?Not raise you from childhood I did, to know nothing about you. Troubled you are. Nothing have I done to cause it, however someone did. Deduction it is mine, assume I do best friend, Mace Windu or padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi caused the unbalance in you. Unless I feel from your force signature.?

?That evident ugh??

Jinn slumped down on the floor. He reasoned there was more room for him there than on one of his former master?s little chairs. His larger furniture had been removed long ago. Yoda offered to keep Qui-Gon?s easy chair there so when he visited, but he opted to take it with him when he established his own home.

After the larger Jedi seated himself. With his legs stretched out, crossed at the ankles, his upper body leaned back, and held up be outstretched arms, he looked up to see Master Yoda?s ears in a constant twitch. Master Jinn knew from past experience, sometimes the twitching meant impatience, sometimes worry.

?Don?t look so worried Master Yoda. I am not about to deliver someone?s eulogy. I just have a couple of questions for you.?

?Glad I am won?t take long this will my padawan. Have a few questions I do for you as well. Think maybe in some manner our questions intersect somewhere along the way.

?I can?t see how they could. Yes, I do some a couple of concerns about my padawan but I wanted to ask you of your opinion of Victor Dyas Padawan to Master?..?.?

17. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Yoda knows something is wrong but not how serious it is. Is he our last hope... Qui did become a confused simpleton the last time he was with Dyas but he is bringing his concerns to Yoda. Maybe he is seeing the light.

Oh no! Obi-Wan is saucer-eyed like the rest of them. :mad: We?ll just have to get Thalia_Nox to take care of Gorloff. :D

18. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    And we'll just all hide behind Thalia , right?

Thank you for the PM ewen, it meant alot. But you never told us if your film revealed little ghosties.

19. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    **grins** Why do I get the job of kicking majoy bad guy ass? It must be my charming personality. ;)

However, me thinks that this particular bad guy certainly deserves it. **begins sharpening kitchen cleaver** It may not be as efficent as a light saber, but it is much more satisfying!

20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Thalia_Nox wrote:

"However, me thinks that this particular bad guy certainly deserves it. **begins sharpening kitchen cleaver** It may not be as efficent as a light saber, but it is much more satisfying!"

Not only would your way be less efficent than a saber, it might be just a wee bit messy.

P.K. I think I got a couple of shots of possible orbs in a window of a haunted reform school. At least somehting is there but I don't know what it was . I saw nothing when we were exploring the site.

When I get them all ready, anyone that wants to see them, I will send you a copy. I may send a couple to George's talk show. [formerly Art Bell]

PEACE ewen

21. jeanieofnv

jeanieofnv Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh WOW! Who would have thunk that poor little Obi would get caught. >:) HEHEHEHEHE
    Will he turn out dark like the others?
    Will Qui realize somethings wrong in time to save him?
    UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! It's gonna kill me! Please?!? :D

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Padawan Kenobi came up from the hidden hideout of the Paronauts a lot dizzy and a little nauseated. The longer he walked, the better he felt. though his legs muscles still quivered with weakness in them.

I wonder why I got sick down there? I am glad Dyas and his friend Gorloff were there. If they hadn?t been, I might still be down there passed out cold. I don?t think I will tell Master I passed out. I feel fine now. Must have been the dirt and built up carbon dioxide that kept the real air form getting in my lungs. Yes, I will just keep it to myself. No use worrying Qui-Gon. !Right! like he would worry about me anyway; not the way he has been acting toward me lately. But I don?t want to have to go to the healers . Even if he weren?t worried he would feel it his duty, a nasty little *obligation* not *concern* as my master to send me to healers and get a check up. I really do feel fine now.

Obi-Wan shook his head again and noticed his eyes which had been seeing double, now correctly saw one of everything. He straightened his tunic, just as he reached the door to his and Jinn?s shared apartment.

Nothing like returning home with a loving caregiver waiting there for your arrival. HUH!!!

Cynicism was now another thing that could be added to Obi-Wan?s odd and ever changing multi-faceted personality. His newly acquired cynical attitude coupled with his equally new angry disposition were definitely two things he knew he must at least attempt to keep hidden from his master for a while.

However, it was difficult because it felt like his newfound dimensions of his personality wanted to burst out the seams of his very being, as they waited just under his skin to resurface, explode at any moment. It wasn't unlike what Obi-Wan himself felt like; he might explode at any momnet and tell his master everything that bothered him about Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan opened the door to find his master at the data terminal, deep in some kind of mission report. Obi wondered if they had another mission before he remembered they could not go anywhere until he caught up with his studies and finished all his tests to verify that he had.

Qui-Gon barely looked up at Obi?s entrance and he did not acknowledge him at all. He dropped his head back to his work and Obi reasoned it was better not to disturb him with idle chitchat. He went immediately to his room as soon as he grabbed a glass of juice. Master Jinn did not notice either by looking or through their bond that Obi-Wan was not himself, that in fact he was very ill when he first entered the apartment.

I wish I had enough nerve to speak with him. I could ? I could do something, say something. If only I hadn?t gotten in so deep with this Dyas dude. Now I seem trapped. I have to continue. Maybe Victor and his friend aren?t so bad after all. Maybe it is me that is eager to jump to conclusions, possibly the wrong conclusions when it comes to my two new friends.

He started to think back on his dream or nightmare he had about Cerasi, but decided he was depressed enough. Thinking of his friend, now gone forever and the horrific dream he had with her throwing accusations that he caused her death would be more than he could stand right now.

Padawan Kenobi managed to stay in his room and be very quiet. Almost too quiet for Master Jinn who was very aware that the boy remained silent while in his room with the hope his master would not confront him about the other night when he came up missing when he should have been doing chores.. He wanted to say something to Obi, but just like his apprentice, Qui-Gon just didn?t know where to start, didn?t know what to say.

I certainly don?t want to broach the subject of his lies to me the other night when he should have been working. I know he was gone. He knows I know so why bring it up? Had he planned to willingly tell me where he went he would have already. Deceit, that is all I seem to get for him now. Dyas is right?.WOW?. wait, where did that thought come from? I went to Master Yoda j

23. Xanatos_son_of_Crion

Xanatos_son_of_Crion Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    *Gasp* [face_shocked] Nooo! Don't believe her Obi-Wan!!! :_|

Hmmm, the Darkside I sense in her! :mad:

24. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Noooooooo!, they have brainwashed Obi-Wan. Victor and his friend ARE so bad.

That was some nightmare, it?s gonna give me nightmares. Obi-Wan knows the words aren?t true but can?t convince himself what is real. :( Even Thalia_Nox?s cleaver can?t fight against that.

WE NEED MORE HELP!!!! 8-} Good job, Ewen. :)

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    SO they brainwashed him or is it mind control since he can remember bits and pieces, but can't get the words to come out of his mouth?

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.