main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Saintheart, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Borachio
    The Hospital

With some relief, Borachio listened to Malik. Jason could be lost to them forever; Malik had some chance of regaining his trust.

He took a slow step towards Malik, not wanting to put Jason on edge. He spoke calmly. "Malik - Eltiades is your duty, the serum mine. He must live, but the serum cannot leave this room. Death cannot be cheated like this."

To Jason, he said, "Doctor, I am sorry for this, and I hope that you will find it in yourself to forgive me."

With that, he rested his cane on the floor again, and began to move towards the serum.

Tag: Winged, Randy, Saint

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    GM Approved

Name: Phelan
    Personality: Friendly and Outgoing, slightly Brash, Quick to judge yet easy to forgive
    Appearance in Celestial Form: Snake-like Flying Dragon, Length is seemingly endless, the head is decorated like an oriental Dragon, Has a tail of Flame, Invisible to Mortals
    Appearance in Mortal Form: Immensely tall at varying heights of around 8 foot, Muscular, but not bulky, wears Black suits, Bald, Intensely Blue eyes, Carries two Holy Pistols and a large Sword on his back
    Chosen Archangel: Once Danyael, but no longer
    Special Abilities: Knows every single mortal?s destiny. The information surfaces through concentration. He cannot do so with great Celestial disturbance and he must be touching the human.

Can recall anyone?s, human, demon or angel, past through physical contact.

Twice the speed of a normal angel.

Bio: Phelan was an angel of Danyael and relayed certain information to humans about their specific destiny. At a certain point in history, thought to be around the Revolutionary War, Phelan was sent to earth to stay. He was to aid humans in reaching their goals as he saw fit using his gifts. He has not frequented his Celestial form since his coming to earth in 1778. Phelan quietly aided many high ranking Political Leaders in finding their true roles in the world. His entire life is helping the mortals, but since feeling the strains in the ether from the war, he has been eager to join the fight.

3. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: Does anyone know if Kartanym's still around?

Antonio
    London Stock Exchange

As the police officers lurched back, Antonio realized that if he was to act, the time was now. He wanted to get out of there; the problem was George, who didn't seem particularly inclined to leave. Daniel seemed to be too shocked to help Antonio talk to George - perhaps pulling the gun on Daniel had been too much, but Antonio only had so many options, and he wasn't keen on getting shot.

Listen, he mentally said to George, Why don't we step into the hallway to discuss this in a less stressful environment?

Tag: Kartanym, Saintheart

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: Saint, I'll be gone from tomorrow afternoon 'til Friday evening. You've proven quite admirable at taking control of Mike if need be, and "I went down to the Crossroads..." is just you and me, so that's no biggie)

5. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Aida
    St. John of Patmos church.

Smiling warmly upon both humans, Aida was brought back from her thoughts by Althing?s voice. She fixed her wide eyes upon him before nodding.

?Yes, he is right. I do not think it would be wise for you to stay here either, father? her eyes jumped from Althing to the priest, to whom she gave one of her warmest smiles. ?Where do you reckon we should go now?? she asked her fellow angels.

Achan walked in to sit beside her, yawning widely.

Tag: Church

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Michelle Nikita IC:
    Location ~George Malley's Apartment, Floor 12, Apartment Building, New York City

After a little bit of time passed after they entered the room in and she had made her statement to George, something dawned on Michelle. Something that probably already should have as Apollo moved over and closed the open windows. Closing the windows...something must be going on, but enough of that and back to her original train of thought of a moment ago.

The lapse of a mental response from Apollo meant only two things. He was not thinking of the mission, he didn't need to, and if he was...he could still react while doing so. So he was either unable to hear her words...which was possible, but unlikely. Or, unfortunately for her, the more probable reason was because he was intentionally ignoring her. She didn't say anything, out loud or mentally, for the moment. She decided just to keep silent until either one of them addressed her in some way.

Leave the man be. Just because I have allowed you in here does not mean you aren't still a risk. Now, what are your attentions with George Malley, fallen?

Ah, so that was it. He had definitely ignored her then and was obviously one of many who looked down on her, so be it then. She could not blame him, she would make do. She sighed softly in her head and responded mentally, hoping he'd at least reply this time. Even if it was a curt reply.

<I can understand your feelings and assesment, Apollo. But I will be of no harm to whatever mission that has been laid out before you this day. My intentions with Mr. Malley were very simple. I remember the coughs from the Middle Ages, the ones of coming death. I heard his coughs from my room and recognized them for what they were. I thought I could at least ease his last moments and give him peace. I only wished to help. If you would like me to, I'll reiterate, I shall help you in any way you wish me to...or I will leave. I would prefer to stay and help George, but I'll leave this up to you.>

Michelle made a small forced smile toward the 'boy' as he cleaned off George's table for his papers.

Tag: Apollo, George Malley

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC:

First: thanks, guys. For everything. And apologies for the late update, but it's a pretty big one...

Hammurabi: I know him personally, and I've PMed him to let him know you've tagged him. He's been ill the past few days, but will be in soon. Hang in there a few more days...?

SephyCloneNo15: That's fine. I'll pause the crossroads thread after this update and NPC Mike Suthers.

Tiborax: If you're still in this, I'm grabbing your character for a short spell.

NickLitYouAFlame, Darth_Elu: Both your second characters are going into Thread #5 at the moment. As such your start for them is below.

Everyone else: I'm glad to see both real conflict between players' characters (realistic) and the support people are giving to other players. This is what RPGing here needs more of, and I'm confident of a long-lasting and satisfying experience for all concerned given what I've seen so far. I'm hoping people registering second characters is a sign people want more involvement and are finding this fun. And if it's a sign people want more action or something different, well, I'm pleased to comply. Especially if you want to PM me plans or things you'd like to do in the course of the game.

And, as usual, if you're not tagged or mentioned, you're in a position where you can continue (and I, in fact, am looking forward to watching the resolution of the current Doctor Carver/Borachio/Malik standoff! :D )

Book One (Cont'd),:

Thread #1: "And the Oscar goes to..."

Randy1012, Winged_Jedi, Penguinator-176, blubeast1237

Elizabeth II Hospital,
    London, England

The flock of pigeons, having had their usual night of chattering atop Nelson?s column in Trafalgar Square interrupted by a dose of excitement, set about their task with some gusto. A cooing, fluttering mass of bird wings surrounded the London cab. To what might have been horror, Kane watched as the cab, getting up towards a good fifty kilometres an hour in the quiet street, screeched as the driver jerked the wheel over from the sudden distraction.

It skidded a good ten or fifteen feet and screamed to a halt, the smell of burning rubber in the still air. As Kane arrived, the driver of the cab leapt from the driver's side door, yelling "Bloody hell! The Birds! It's the Birds!" to the skies as he ran away from the birds fluttering all over the car.

Having said that, the exclamation had apparently been one of fear rather than some kind of infernal war cry. Kane could sense the fear rolling off the human cab driver in waves as he ran from the scene. As the moustached, faded-jacketed man ran off down the street, Kane suddenly realised something: Doctor Eltiades was in the rear seat of the car, and was slumped to one side. At this range, he appeared to be unconscious. Whether it was from the car accident or something else, Kane could not tell.

TAG: Randy1012, Winged_Jedi, Penguinator-176, blubeast1237

Thread #2: That Old Time Rock and Roll

SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, NickLitYouAFlame

Saint John of Patmos Church
    London, England

It was apparent to any of the angels present that the stench of fear rolling off the girl was quickly departing, replaced by zero-hour amusement at Mike Suthers' words. She seemed to look around at the three angels again before fixing her eyes back on Mike.

Ayda's question to her fellow angels was not answered by them, however. Father John Cassus instead stood up, moving over towards them. Anyone inside the church could hear the approaching sirens, and he glanced towards the broken window of the church before speaking.
    "Servants, if I may, there is a solution. The church grants all parish priests some bare lodgings - I am sure you have heard of a church's presbytery?"
    Ay

8. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    OOC: Okay, this isn't really the direction I was planning to go in, but it just feels so right. :p

Jason Carver
    Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

"Have faith?!" Jason sneered, his lip curling in contempt. "Have faith in what? That the two of you will take this serum from us, dooming millions to die slow, agonizing deaths? Dooming their families to watch them waste away into nothing?"

As he spoke, Borachio had started for the serum. Jason stepped into the angel's path, putting a hand up. "Not one more ***damn step, you son of a--oh, wait, you angels don't have mothers, do you?" the doctor asked. "You know, that explains a lot. I didn't know my mom for very long--thanks for that, by the way--but she at least lived long enough to teach me how to be a decent person.

"What you're trying to do here...this isn't right. I don't care what kind of celestial balance you're supposed to uphold. I don't give a damn about what God, or Allah, or whatever you soulless eunuchs call Him, wants. I swore an oath to protect human life, and I cannot in good conscience let you leave here with that serum."

TAG: Peng, Winged, Saint

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: It may not have been what you planned, but it's what your character would do, and it's turning out really, really good. :D

10. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Malik

Malik felt a surge of anger. In mortal form, such feelings were not exactly stronger- simply more potent. He could feel it, casting a dark veil over his thoughts. It was intoxicating, in a way.

You arrogant human, he wanted to say. Your concept of morality is so...limited.

You don't understand what has to happen here.

You don't understand The Plan.

We can take the serum from you, if we want.

We can take it from you.

But he didn't say any of these things. He realised what he was thinking, and felt like he had been shot. He took a deep breath. This how Falling begins, he told himself, and reacted as he always did in such a situation. Question yourself. Question your assumptions.

Perhaps...it was the Doctor who was right? Malik cursed himself. How foolish he had been, to assume that his fellow angel was working in the interests of The Plan! What if the serum was meant to be kept intact? What if it was Carver who was fulfilling destiny's designs, not Borachio?

"Doctor," said Malik, stepping forwards. "Your strength of feeling is commendable. I...I..."

I cannot decide.

Malik stepped backwards, head bowed.

"Borachio," he said quietly, addressing his comrade. "If you insist on taking that serum from Doctor Carver's hands...then you do what you must."

Danyael, let me be doing the right thing. I cannot take sides.

He looked once more from the anguish on Dr Carver's face to the grim resolve on Borachio's, and his indecision pained him.

I cannot take sides.

Tag: Penguinator, Randy

11. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Borachio
    The Hospital

Malik seemed resigned to the fate of the serum. Borachio should have been relieved by that, by an angel of destiny's words. But still, something was wrong, Borachio unable to shake the feeling. Malik had to deal with wheels within wheels, and Carver was dealing with a whole new world of problems.

Then he felt it.

A sudden awareness filled his mind, conforming to his thoughts like water. There was death nearby, something unique about it. This was not the hospital he was feeling - this was different. Someone important was at a crossroads; if help came, they would live, but if left alone, Borachio would be required to deliver the Rites.

He stopped in his tracks, looking down in concentration. He spoke softly. "Something is very wrong here,"

Tag: Winged, Randy, Saint

12. Randy1012

Jan 26, 2007
    Jason Carver

"Damn right it is," Jason growled, his fists clenching angrily. He realized that trying to punch an angel probably wouldn't do much good, but he was beyond caring at this point.

Then he realized the angel wasn't talking about him, or the serum, or anything else that was going on in this room.

He relaxed, watching Borachio as he continued to look down. "What is it?" he asked, worried.

TAG: Peng, Winged, Saint

13. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Antonio
    London Stock Exchange

Antonio was running out of options. He would shoot to wound the charging officer, but he doubted the police would hold their fire if he fired again. He had been hoping to slip out of the room with the two men and change his appearance, thus evading the police. However, the situation continued to deteriorate, and it appeared things were about to get violent again. Apparently, more drastic action was required.

As Antonio stepped between the policeman and George, he shifted his shape. Though he remained in mortal form, he took on the typical celestial appearance: tall, muscular, and magnificent, with two massive wings sprouting out of his back and a halo hovering over his head, Antonio now looked fit to be emblazoned in stained glass. "STAND DOWN," he ordered, magnifying his voice in the police officers' minds. He hoped these men believed in a god - however, he supposed that if they didn't, they would now be more inclined to believe.

Tag: Kartanym, Saintheart

14. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Phelan
    The Targee Pass, Montana, United States

Phelan had indeed been walking since three days ago, but he hadn?t noticed. After being in the mortal realm for over two hundred years, that span of time meant next to nothing to Phelan. The only thing that bothered him was that he had been in an entire different county when he had began walking. A Celestial disturbance brought him to from his mind to reality. He had been, in fact, playing a game of pong in his head. Now Phelan glanced around him and was surprised at where he was.

He paused for a moment and then realized it didn?t matter and starting walking again. Only to be stopped by a splitting in the air and an angel popping out of the hole. The angel, in question, was extremely strangely dressed, but who was he to complain. Phelan was an 8 foot man wearing a black suit walking by the side of the road. Something about the picture didn?t fit in. A bright light followed the angel and Phelan thought perhaps more beings were coming.

It turned out only a really big truck was. The angel leaped to the side and the truck swerved. Phelan turned and watched the truck drive off of the confinements of the small country road and land in a nest of trees. He turned back to the angel and once again to the truck. He stared at it for a moment and then turned back to the angel.

?Nice night for a walk, eh? Rather a strange sensation that you can?t describe that just so happens to bring you to the exact place you meant to go, but that?s besides the point.?

Phelan glanced back at the truck and while he was looking he spoke again.

?We should probably do something about that, shouldn?t we??

Tag: Elu and Sentinel

15. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Streets of London; London, England
    -Angel of Gabriel, Kane

It had worked!

The birds had set upon the car like ravenous beasts out for blood, not exactly what Kane was looking for, but it would help the mission be a success. The cab moved along the street in a fury then skidded for 10, maybe even, 15 feet before the tires screamed to a stop. The birds didn't bother the fleeing cab driver too much as he ran screaming off into the night. It was then that Kane felt the fear rolling off of the cab driver, not something a demon would have done, even if they were in disguise. It could just be another one of the devil's tricks, but the man seemed honestly afraid.

Blinking away the thought of scaring a poor man to death, Kane caught up to the cab to see the Doctor leaning against the car door, seemingly unconscious. He had known that the Doctor might be hurt in all the trouble, but not enough to knock the man out. He scurried around to the other side of the cab, opened the door, and let the Doctor fall out into his arms. Kane wasted no time starting the healing process to any wounds the Doctor may have sustained. His body, physically seemed together, but the unconsciousness wasn't something that Kane could cure right away.

Kane's hand, now having a strange purple aura around it moved up and down Doctor Eltiades' limp body, healing any wounds, bruises, or cuts that were on the Doctor's body.

Kane exhaled as the aura around his hand disappeared, and he stood up with the Doctor's arm on his shoulder. "Wow, Doctor. You are less of a worry knocked out then awake." He pulled the Doctor up and lifted his body up onto his shoulders in a traditional fireman's carry. "Ugh!" Kane bit out as the Doctor's limp body wore down on his human teenage knees. "Come on, we got an award ceremony to get to." Kane exclaimed to Mercucio, who remained quiet as they set off into the night.

-Street of London; London, England

[b]George Malley's Apartment; New York
    [color=red]-Angel of Nephriel[/color], Apollo[/b]

Apollo continued to wipe the table as George Malley explained his sickness and almost his entire life in a few words. It was a very depressing story. His wife had died, leaving him alone, and now he was dying of the same sickness, in a slower manner while the fallen reminded him of his love. All the while, Apollo had been sent down from the heaven above to watch this man die slowly, only to make sure he didn't sin before the time came.

Yes, this entire situation was a rather depressing one.

But, Apollo had a mission to complete, and nothing would stand in his way. The fallen had tried to contact him once again, and this time he had reluctantly accepted her advance before George Malley had spoken. He was now contemplating whether to answer, or better yet, what he would say while she smiled a forced smile at him, making her face look a bit awkward.

She had said that her intentions for George Malley was only to comfort him as he passed along, saying she had remembered the coughs from the Middle Ages' Black plague, one of the most historic moments for angels. This made Apollo wish they just erased the memories from fallen's minds, otherwise they wouldn't be as likely to tamper and meddle in Angel affairs, which would have helped avoid this entire situation altogether.

He exhaled.

[blockquote]Fallen. I will allow you to stay only because your face may comfort him and settle his mind as he passes on. You remind him of his dead wife, that should provide him with a little pleasure before his crossing. I-[/blockquote]
    He jumped as his message was cut off by the ring of the telephone, which he quickly walked over to. He knew George Malley wouldn't want a stranger to answer his phone, so midstride, Apollo turned to him, "I don't want you straining yourself, for your breathing seemed to get heavier even as you sat down. Please, let me do this favor for you, Mr. Malley." He bowed his head and took his time before picking up the phone. Why would someone be calling for a m

16. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Harmon Dean
    The Targee Pass,
    Montana, United States

Harmon blinked his eyes several times before accepting the fact that Danyael had indeed disappeared, and his old eyes weren't just playing their frequent tricks on him as they did far too often. Abraham stood at Harmon's side, and began to get bored as he started to mess around in the snow with his golden paws, making abstract designs here and there on the white surface.

Six miles... Harmon hadn't started his old rusty truck in a long, long time. He always preferred to walk to places, it made him more peaceful and relaxed. But six miles was a long journey, yet something inside him told him to walk, and sure enough, Abraham began to trot west without looking back at his owner.

Harmon nodded his head, as if convincing himself that this was the right thing to do, and followed the golden retriever, leaning on his cane as he did so.

Tag: Saintheart

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Borachio
    The Hospital

"I'm not sure." The feeling subsided slightly, and Borachio assumed that whatever danger had arisen was in the past. He still couldn't shake the feeling, and he remembered it as the call to duty he'd felt many times before. What if that was Dr. Eltiades?

He addressed Jason again. "I felt the call of a dying man, or one that is about to die, and I'm worried that it may have been Doctor Eltiades."

He hoped beyond hope that Kane could hold his own in case of trouble. Borachio suspected the worst - interference from the Fallen. A thought to warn Jason of the Fallen's temptation crossed his mind, but it would have to wait.

Tag: Randy, Winged, Saint

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Woohoo! Go Montana! :D Don't ask, just had to say it. :) *does no further unneeded OOC's for the course of this RPG*

Michelle Nikita IC:
    Location ~George Malley's Apartment, Floor 12, Apartment Building, New York City, United States

Michelle switched from the forced smile toward Apollo to a smaller, but more genuine one toward George as he spoke amid his bad coughs. So she reminded him of his late wife? Touching and depressing both. Such was the way with plenty of death situations.

Suddenly Apollo finally managed not to ignore her and respond; she listened.

Fallen. I will allow you to stay only because your face may comfort him and settle his mind as he passes on. You remind him of his dead wife, that should provide him with a little pleasure before his crossing. I-

Michelle jumped very slightly as the telephone rang and her head snapped to look at it. Who would be calling George? Maybe he owed some rent or something, but that was doubtful for some reason. She watched as Apollo went for and came up with a reason toward George, before she herself could act. It would have seemed not as strange if she had gone for it instead of Apollo as he was in his child mortal form. But as such, this was how it was playing out.

She moved closer, if only slightly so, toward George and watched Apollo intently as he whispered into the phone. There was caution written all over him, at least to her...who had once been an angel, knew how to spot it upon another one. So something indeed was going on, she'd have to keep her eyes out. She was tempted to ask Apollo what was going on as soon as he was off the phone, but she wasn't sure if that would be wise...especially with his current attitude towards her.

"The boy is right, George. Your breathing has sounded a bit harder and harsher just now already. Keep yourself sitting and relax. Is there anything I can get you?" she asked him while still watching Apollo.

Tag: Apollo, George Malley

Hadrel IC:
    Location ~The Targee Pass, Montana, United States

Hadrel quickly got over the transition from Heaven to Earth as he briefly reflected upon his meeting with his archangel.

The instructions, the ex-operative of Danyael's he was to meet, and the kiss Uriel gave him. Apparently, this was going to be an interesting mission and also evidently...Uriel harbored a few feelings for him still. Well, they had still kissed now and then despite just being good friends, but that last one...

Intense, was all he thought to himself.

As he rolled his neck around to get a feel of stretching it again for a moment, his eyes fell upon an interesting figure. Very tall, quite muscular, bald, intense blue eyes he could make out due to his good eyesight, black suit, and of course...the large sword upon his back. But he shouldn't talk he knew, because he might seem an odd sight himself, what with his vastly ranging styles he was wearing. In anycase, this must be the ex-operative of Danyael's that Uriel had informed him of. Well, at least he didn't have to go look for him really.

Suddenly lights blared out from behind him and a truck horn raised his natural alarm. He leapt out of the way instinctively to prevent any unneeded (not to mention quick and pathetic) re-entrances into Heaven.

The truck drove wildly down the road a little ways more before veering off of it and into the trees, which were then holding it...for now.

No time to view the beautiful scenery of Montana (Hadrel had always liked the area); time to act. As Uriel had informed (warned?) him, events were being put into motion and already he could see the situation was going to really unravel and show itself quickly.

He began to move, temporarily forgoing any formal conversation with the other as he made for the truck.

?Nice night for a walk, eh? Rather a strange sensation that you can?t describe that just so happens to bring you to the exact place you meant to go, but that?s besides the point.?

Hadrel heard this as he sped toward the truck and s

19. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Ayda
    St. John of Patmos Church.

As her sharp hearing caught the sound of sirens coming closer, Ayda grew restless. They could not stay here and risk the whole thing, they had to move.

?Listen, dear? she spoke calmly, bending down to scoop the now tiny and excited Achan on her arms ?Even if you still had the scars left by those creatures on your neck, the police wouldn?t believe you. Come to think of it, two teenage girls, a teenage boy, a man that reeks of alcohol -Sorry, dear, it is true- a priest and another man telling tales of demons, angels and a great battle being fought in a church. Had you not the knowledge you have now, would you believe such story??

She looked at the girl intently, Achan wagging his tail excitedly in the girls arms.

?If you want my opinion we should move. Now.?

Tag: Church

20. Randy1012

Jan 26, 2007
    Jason Carver

The doctor's eyes widened. "Basil's in danger?" he asked. "Well, why are the two of you here, then? You should be out there helping him!"

Jason suddenly remembered Kane, Malik and Borachio's strange little friend. "Wait, where did the other one go?" He eyed the two angels suspiciously. "You bastards, if he killed Basil, I swear I'll..."

TAG: Peng, Winged

21. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Phelan
    The Targee Pass, Montana, United States

Phelan began walking back towards the truck as Hadrel hurried to it. He was a little put off to be set in the opposite direction of the one he had been going. He was pretty sure he had been going that way for a reason. Although, he couldn?t recall that reason as of late. Hadrel was already questioning the passenger of his safety, when Phelan finally made it to the large vehicle.

Phelan pulled his sword out of it?s sheath and stuck it into the ground and hopped down onto the truck?s roof. He landed quietly, as to not shift the weight of the soon to be ruined semi. Phelan sat down on the end of the back, his feet dangling down by the cab.

?Hey, anytime you need help, you just call for me.?

Phelan?s long legs began to swing back and forth.

Tag: Elu and Saint

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    OOC: Saint, can Angels teleport or in another way 'hop' from place to place?

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: I've been mulling over that question for quite some time, Nick, but I'm going to rule "No". In celestial form you're only minimally bound by the rules of physics -- i.e. you can travel very fast in that form, but you can't simply teleport from one place to another. In mortal form, of course, you can't teleport at all -- only use those powers that you have provided.

24. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    OOC: Just wanted to apologise to you all for my absence of late. While my problems pale compared to Master Saintheart's current lifetimes, I haven't been all that well over the course of the last week. Never fear though, I'm not dead yet...

Daniel Rathmore
    London Stock Exchange,
    London, England

Daniel had seen many a thing in his life time, short and rocky as it might be. Car crashes, murder's in the courtroom, baby's born in the courtroom. One of his best friends died when he was still in school. His parents broke up, got back together, broke up a second time, got back together a second time ... there's more, but as of this moment in his life, it all became nothing but a blank canvas for God's own paintbrush to repaint the picture. And what a picture it was turning out to be.

"I ..." Daniel had no words to describe what stood before him, but if he were to find any at all, they would no doubt follow the 'Oh my Lord Almighty' mentality. But despite the shock that had taken control of his body, fear was no where to be felt nearby. For this ... creature that stood before him did nothing but renew his confidence, right down to his very soul.

Could it be? Was this what his client had been warning him about? There was nothing to fear, but the question remained ... why him? Why Daniel Rathmore?

TAG: Hammurabi, Saintheart

25. RebellionSoldier

RebellionSoldier Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    IC: Akan
    Grand Central Station, New York
    Underground Tunnel System

[blockquote][b]Akan[/b], angel of Gabriel, half-stumbled down the sharp incline that led to the previously blocked off section of the tunnel above. The air grew mustier, as if dozens of malnourished Humans were settled all around him. These sewers and back tunnels could hide and house just about anything. Broken whiskey bottles and diapers littered the ground. Looking back the way he came...the Angel of Gabriel listened for any sounds that the police officers were still following him. [i]Nothing.[/i] They had either gone another way entirely, or gave up and didn't want to go this far in.

Akan could just make out the flicker of unique candles in the distance down the tunnel. But he paused for a moment, briefly taken aback by the obvious signs of culture. Everyone knew the homeless sometimes lost their way down here...but this was different. Akan immediatly began to wonder if [b]Peter O?Rourke[/b] was somehow part of this society? Unique, and fine tattered clothes and shoes lay on the ground in front of him. Akan bent down and held one of the shoes in his hand to inspect it. [i]Definently not made by Nike...or in China for that matter.[/i]

The tunnel itself was pretty spacious, easily able to fit almost 20 Humans side-by-side. Out of the corner of his eye, Akan noticed something written on the wall...something most peculiar. Engraved in the rocky exterior was some form of English unlike anything he had ever layed eyes on. In his existence, Akan had heard and read many different dialects of English. Everything from Creole in Lousiana during the early 20th century...to Gullah in the Low Country region of South Carolina and Georgia. But whatever script this was written on the wall was neither of those.

Suddenly, Akan felt a presense - a shift in the "scent" of the air. The Angel of Gabriel could feel the non-Human eyes being layed on him. Though, who or what it was...Akan could not tell. Much less, if it were evil in nature...a spawn of Satan.

He continued down the tunnel until he came to an opening revealing a wide gallery that appeared a remnant of the 1940's. The ceiling, if you could call it that, sloped higher in the shape of a dome. It appeared as if multi-colored tiles once lined it's shape...most were shattered on the floor now.

"Someone needs to come in here with a broom...fast." Akan joked aloud to himself. Not expecting anyone to answer back. Through the years, the Angel noted how Humans emotions and awareness changed when in an "alien" or unknown enviroment. [i]This is definently somewhat of a spooky place...I must admit.[/i] At least, that's what Humans would call it.

All along the walls were old portraits and pictures of different people. There was also a trunk, opened, tucked in a darker corner with more of the unknown clothes stuffed inside. Four candles, the same ones he sensed earlier, stood upright on a wooden table. Walking over slowly, Akan noticed a half full glass cup and lifted it slowly to his nose. [i]Brandy.[/i] The Angel of Gabriel noted finally. [i]Seems somewhat fresh too...not even a day old.[/i] At the opposide side of the gallery, weird figurines lined the walls that eerily reminded Akan of voodoo dolls. Three green candles sat lit under those as well, but these were on the floor. A note, written on lined white paper...schoolbook style...sat folded to their side.

"Could this lead me somewhere oh Lord?" Akan picked the paper up off the floor. Though before he got a chance to examine it, he heard the scuttle of light footsteps running in his direction. Tucking the paper in his back pocket, Akan outstretched his sense. It was closer now, and at a faster pace. Heavy panting...then a silouhette. The frame of a small boy came into view, draped in ragged clothes. His face was dirty, and tears rolled down his soft cheeks. He began babbling something that Akan couldn't make out, but pointed nervously back down the tunnel corridor. Just then, Akan heard a more footsteps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.