main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Leia should turn to the Dark Side after Han's Death

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Sitara, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I feel in EP 7, Leia should have turned to the Dark Side due to the death of her children and possibly Han and Chewie.

She should already have done so sometime before EP 7 begins, and in EP 7 she reveals herself and we and the rest of the SW galaxy learns about her new, Sith affiliations.

I think it would produce an interesting dynamic, of one of the twins being a Sith and the other, Luke, being a Jedi.

Thoughts??

2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Nope, she should die with him. I am hoping nobody "turns to the darkside" to be honest. That would be retreading on previous themes in the Skywalker arc imo.

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    The entire PT was about retreading on previous themes. They can kill her off quickly, and infact I hope they do, but it would be interesting and make us understand why the Jedi trained someone from a very young age only. The whole attachment thing and all.

Plus, imagine Darth Leia in a black corset with red lipstick and red lightsaber.

(Carrie Fisher has lost a lot of weight and become fit. She looks quite good now)

4. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    She watched a whole planet of her family, friends and other good people blow up. She got through that just fine. I do not foresee Han's death turning her. A twist like that with the big three would be so boring and obvious.

5. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not see Fisher doing action scenes (well, I mean duelling Jedi).
    Maybe Han Solo will die, yes... Ford requested his death during TESB, so...

Anakin restored balance to the Force. I do not think his daughter should be the one to "unbalance" it.

kainee and Episode Swag like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Too late for that one, as Luke wasn't trained until age 18, yet he not only didn't turn, he brought his father back from the Dark Side.

Leia turning wouldn't exactly send the message that "See? I told you that Jedi must be trained from infancy." I didn't even get that from Anakin's turn, although I think many people did.

If Han or her children were murdered, I could see Leia going ape**** and killing the murderer or murderers, but not becoming a full-blown Sith. That would involve submission to a Sith Master, which isn't in Leia's personality, and it would involve being gullible to whatever crap the Sith Master feeds her, which is also not in Leia's personality.

She's far more emotionally stable than her father was, even if she has his sharp tongue and quick temper.

7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah, I just never liked where this whole Leia goes to the darkside story line. It was just a comment Vader made to taunt to Luke. To make him turn to the darkside.

In Ep 7, Leia could potentially be in her, what, 60s...right? Do you really, I mean, really want to see the heroine of the OT, now thirty years later become, essentially a witch...all because she lot her husband. I thought Leia was stronger than that.

I dont want to see anyone turn to the darkside. That was the point of the PT. And the person was redeemed and brought back to the light.

If anything, the story should continue in that direction...with more darker elements returning to the good side. Perhaps like Imperials joining the good guy team.

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    They will not bring the big 3 back to ruin the heroes of the saga.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
  10. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't care about any of the details. Leia turns to the dark side? Fine with me. As long as they don't PT this thing, I will probably enjoy it.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In the minds of many, they ruined the villain of the saga. Anything can happen.

PT = A
    OT = B
    ST = A
    FT = B

It's like poetry...it's sort of...they rhyme. Every stanza kinda rhymes with the last one.

Hopefully it'll work.

Episode Swag, JainaSoloYJK and Dra--- like this.
  12. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    Isn't that new book coming out this Summer going to reveal the ultimate fates of the three?

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Huh?

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I never viewed it as an "ultimate fate" novel, but rather, a passing of the torch one. Then again, Crucible was revealed before the big merger and the Episode VII announcement, so who knows what will happen to it now or if its story will even count. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyway, in terms of Leia going to the Dark Side - I honestly don't see that happening. As others have said, she's too strong for that. Besides, the whole "Skywalker turns to the Dark Side" bit is getting old (if you count the EU) and predictable. Let's see something different for a change.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. Chels

Chels Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2013
    I'm a bit torn on my thoughts for this. I feel like Leia inherited some characteristics that make her prone to the dark side (hey righteous anger hey), but unlike Anakin, she had a healthier upbringing and grew into an emotionally stronger individual. To compare, the distress of losing his mother didn't make Anakin turn on the spot; it was a process of repeated BRUSHES with the dark (such as his reaction to her death), repeated losses, growing fear, carefully machinated manipulation, and a disconnect from the Jedi that neither he nor they were able to effectively bridge before it was too late. Leia has suffered great losses and pain, but she has lived a very different life -- one that I feel made her less impressionable and better able to cope and carry on. I would feel strange about her turning because she lost her husband.

However, I love exploring the IDEA of dark!Leia in general, even if I'm not sure I want it to happen in the ST. I'd be interested in seeing how it played out if they did go that route, and I love the family parallels in the Skywalker line, but like others have said, I wouldn't want it to feel too much like a rinse and repeat. It's an interesting thought, all the same!

Episode Swag likes this.
  16. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Leia is (if we go by the movies) not very powerful in the Force, having gone undetected under Sidious's and Vader's noses as a senator. There have been no signs pointing to her becoming a Jedi (outside of the EU, but we all know George doesn't give a damn about that). Even if she did become a Jedi and then turn, she'd easily be beaten by her brother. She would make a terrible antagonist.

kainee and Episode Swag like this.
  17. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    What's with the past tense in the first post? Episode 7 has not even happened yet.
    And people should generally not go to the dark side, just as people should generally not become murderers. The dark side is bad.

And if you're interested in the one twin Sith, one Jedi thing, Luke briefly trained under Palpatine and Leia had to get him back to the light.

18. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Argh! I'm trying to forget that series.

19. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Leia's too tough to fall to the dark side and Luke is too pure. Not gonna happen.

20. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    That's just my prediction. I want to be able to read that without anybody confirming whether I'm right or wrong though.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Han dies and Leia gets so angry that she turns into the Incredible Hulk and accidently kills Luke in the process. All within the first 20 minutes.

22. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Struggling and nearly turning maybe

23. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I don't think we should have any protagonist character that falls to the Dark Side, though I do find the idea of a dark-sider becoming a Jedi Knight appealing.

Perhaps this is the meaning of the Balance of the Force: As the Chosen One turned to the Light in the end, the words 'forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will' no longer need apply to the Dark Side. Perhaps redemption of various lost acolytes of Palpatine and Vader and other fallen Jedi who went 'too far' to protect themselves from the Empire when Order 66 came about could be a recurring theme of the Sequels. When the Dark Side was dominant in the Force, this wasn't possible; Vader as the Chosen One in his return to the Light tipped the Balance to make it possible.

I'm just rambling, don't mind me. :)

kainee likes this.
  24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Should Leia degenerate into an alcohol-fueled, cocaine-driven binge that begins a downward spiral to utter self-destruction?

Oh, wait...

kainee, BigAl6ft6 and Catsmeow like this.
  25. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd rather Leia be the backbone while everyone else is dying, turning to the dark side, building Jedi orders and so on.

kainee likes this.