main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Lending a Hand to the Land Downunder

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This summer, a friend of mine here on the boards will be visiting our wonderful region all the way from Australia to be a counselor at Camp Conrad Weiser. He will be here for 3 months from June to August.

Now, I guess you're wondering what this has to do with us. Well, he suggested that we could get together sometime while he is here and just generally, have a good time. Maybe we could see ROTS together or something. I agreed with the idea and thought I'd bring it up here for your feedback.

Also, he would like to stay a while longer after the camp is over and was wondering if anyone from the area has room to take him up during his stay. I'll get more details from him and post them here, but for the moment, I just want to know if anyone would be interested.

2. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Although Conrad W. is one of Wilson's Soccer Rivals (Grrr) :mad: , I'll be happy to see ROTS with you folks (my RRS Buds). [:D]

I'm sure I'll be seeing it at least 4 or 5 times that day! ;)

Rob
    :-B

3. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    Yeah, I plan on seeing it quite a bit, as much as I can. (Actually, I just like any excuse to go in my Jedi robe in public and not get labeled as a geek :-B[face_chicken])

4. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    To try and get some more interest, I'll reveal that I'm the Aussie who's going to camp in your FanForce.

I arrive in PA on the 31st of May and am there for 3 months :D

So, any ideas what what we can do while I'm up your way?

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    So, any ideas what what we can do while I'm up your way?

There's plenty to do in PA. I know for one, we should all go see ROTS together. That should be pretty neat. There's also a fair share of amusement parks around here, including: Hersheypark, Dorneypark, Knoebels and for the little kids, Dutch Wonderland. We also have our own minor league baseball team, the Reading Phillies. They have a nice ballpark with plenty to do. And if you're into that kind of stuff, you could always head over to Lancaster County and see the Amish. Just let us know what you're interested in. :)

6. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Amish country. I'd completely forgotten about that.

ROTS is a must to see.

As for the amusment parks, what are they like and which one do you think is best?

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Another great idea is the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, though it won't start until the middle of August, not too long from when you have to head back home.

8. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    UPDATE!!!

I'll be arriving in the great state of PA on the 31st of May. At this point, I'm heading straight to camp.

But I do get regular days off during the season.

I finish at camp near the end of August and have a few days in PA after that before heading back to Australia (sister's wedding the day I arrive back)

9. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    The Ren Faire is a great idea! A lot of fun & good beer! [face_dancing]

Did I mention teh beer is good! =P~

Drop in on one of the Meetings or we could set something up on the Boards. I'm sure we can all meet up & so something while you are down here. [:D]

10. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    I sure hope we can get together.

I'd be very interesting in seeing a FF meet in another country ;)

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, we have plenty of time this summer if you head back in August. Will you have an internet connection at all during your stay? If not, I suggest we try to set up a date now for the future. ;)

12. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    HanSolo29 posted on 5/13/05 11:45pm
    Well, we have plenty of time this summer if you head back in August. Will you have an internet connection at all during your stay? If not, I suggest we try to set up a date now for the future. [face_wink]
    [hr][/blockquote]

I'll have access to email, not quite sure on internet yet.

I'll try and get to a net cafe during staff training at some point to let you people know my days off :)

13. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Ok, I've been at camp for a few days and so I can give you the great news that the staff have internet access.

This means that I'll be able to talk with you guys about a meet :)

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Okay, that sounds great! Sorry in the delay in getting back to you, however. :p

Anyway, you said you will be free in August or can you pretty much go anytime during your stay - working around your camp hours, of course.

15. milney

Aug 21, 2003
    Well, it looks like I get Saturdays off.

There are a few times where I don't get the Saturday off, but they should be minimal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.