main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LETS BRING BACK GAMES

Discussion in 'Archive: State College, PA' started by SoloCommand, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Dearest Friends,

It has recently dawned upon us all that Games is really, really, awful. It's populated by a bunch of nonsensical donuts who almost exclusively talk about how awesome Battlefront 2 will be, and who make redundant threads time after time after time.

Ever since those utterly woeful "Summer Games Tournaments", Games has lost all the witty charm and banter, all the things that make it special, all the people who actively contributed to making us into a little community have moved on, and the only person who can really be bothered anymore is the quite excellent Mr. Quest.

Connemara is now gone, so we can all now game freely without her persistently angsting at our collective brains, but what do we do? We all run off for the summer and do our own thing. Chim is playing Guild Wars almost ALL THE TIME, Venture has just dissapeared, Sesfan and Kurt are scarcely around at the moment (and won't play with me because I lost my copy of Halo) and rarely post, Pat never turns up on AIM these days, Flare is far too sober, the list goes on.

So I lobby all of us; Lets bring the community back to games, put the shining qualities back into the place, and make it a place we go to not as a chore, but as a place we can go to just have some plain fun (involving mass spamming, the shouting of Chim Love, LOTS OF GAMING OF GAMES THAT ARENT GBG, and singing and getting drunk with too much TS).

It starts tonight on AIM.
    All of us gamers, if we all stick together, we can find a new home, a shining forum... called GAMES.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    When is 'tonight'? Your tonight? My tonight (which is now)? Flare time?

I expect I'll be at university or asleep (it's currently Monday 11:45 PM).

4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I won't be able to join you tonight in the AIM/TS/game endevour due to work tonight and tommorow morning. But I fully support this goal!

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And here I thought I was the Games mod people wanted to leave ;)

Though I feel I should point out that I don't think Games has gone down hill since the summer games tourney so much because of the tourney itself, but rather the 2 or 3 bits of drama during the tourney that basicly soured everyone's spirits. There's a distinction there I think should be made, in case that perception might have been shared by anyone here (and if not, ignore the above). I honestly haven't been following the JO/JA tournament so I'm not sure if thats gone any smoother or not (though I can't really see how it could end up anywhere near as bad as the GBG...)

Anyhoo, I should be around to participate tonight- at least on Teamspeak, though I might try my luck at a game despite my still frelled up keyboard and mouse issues.

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I probably have a few things I could say, but I'm heading out at the moment, so...nah :p I think I'll be online tonight though, so I'll catch you guys on it. Might be on AIM in the library later today, so feel free to IM me while I'm studying.

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I fully endorse this idea, and told Rich I'd be there. But I got called into work, it being Labor Day and all and the town is full of tourists. If you are all still at it when I get home Ill join in

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yes, make games better. It's boring now :(

9. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Well as far as "gaming" goes I've decided that I give up on PC games until I get a new PC. Ever since I upgraded to XP it is too much to run that plus games. I even have probems running JK. :( For the community of my friends I will try to make an effort to get back in the grove. One sure fire way to get me interested is make more spam threads or bump old ones, FB etc.

I had some issues prior to school's start. Then school started and I am now trying to get back to my schedule. Buying Fable this weekend didn't help. When I play RPGs like this I get real anal and have to check out every nook and cranny. So pretty much this weekend has been multiple simulated sex sessions,lots of killing, buying lots of properity, and getting myself and everyone in the taven drunk and

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG.

10. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Bow chica bow wow.

Edit: I think we should have a group theme song for this revival and I was thinking "THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN" cause we are.

And I think Quest is right. Those tourny's that went south dampaned my spirits.

11. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    Venture Man, that was ganz eloquent. Post m03r.

12. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I told you I'd get a Poof comment up here Emmy. Just took a bit longer than planned.

13. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    You have my support.

14. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Dear everyone.

I fell asleep before people got online.
    I AM SORY GUD SIRS BUTT IU AAM ONLEE HUMAN!

So, lets try Thursday or something.

15. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I have Fridays off. And except for a little BF2 on a... non-internet-enabled computer (sic)... I don't game like, at all.

JO would be a good game though I'd play that.

¤Night

16. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I can game anytime. All the time. Except when I'm in class. Bow chica bow bow!

Welcome to our forum. Cum Dumpster Kids reprazent.

17. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK! CDK!

And you can't game when Sci-Fi Friday is on. Otherwise I will kill you. Dead.

I work on THursday but I AM OFF ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SCROLLBABYSCROLL!!!

18. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    1. Ee-vee is teh awesomeness for putting up a caption.

2. Yarael Poof is teh awesomeness, because he is Yarael Poof.

3. Fridays > Thursdays here, too

4. FORCEBOAT

19. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I agree about fridays. Let no one disturb me or feel my nerdy wrath. Thurs nights are good for me or maybe a Sat. or Sun night depending on what I'm doing.

20. wesjanson1138

wesjanson1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2001
    SIDESCROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL'D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSU is win, but I've henceforth decided to return for evar. I tarnished my previously undisputed position of "first poster to read the forceboat threads entirely EVAR" with the infamous "Horseboat" thread, and I plead guilty for that. But I'll mercilessly crush any poster who mentions that unfortunate event again. So we're square. To conclude...

FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!FORCEBOAT!

EDIT: IT"S A SIDESCROLL IN THEORY! **** **** EAT **** FOR PUTTING THIS **** **** SYSTEM TOGETHER WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!

21. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    So nobody at all showed up?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

22. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I tarnished my previously undisputed position of "first poster to read the forceboat threads entirely EVAR"

I ream 'em all between Sept 01-Dec01 in my n00b days.

23. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    Well, you didn't dispute it, did you?

24. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Kurt, he disputed it just then. So U = RONG LOLOLOL.

25. wesjanson1138

Oct 31, 2001
    :(

Ah, well. As usual, SC's impeccable British logic slays me again...

<admin//slay>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.