main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Let's Talk About This Now - Iron Man 2

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by SithMonger, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Yep, looks absolutely fabulous!!!

2. TheSimi

TheSimi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    Watched it this morning.... totally rocked!

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Saw it last nite.LOOKS AWESOME!! on a somewhat related note Spiderman 4 has been shelved.

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Iron Man looks awsome! But possibly even better news is...

5. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    On a related note...I heard that was an exaggeration and they had only just shut down for the holidays and will be ramping production back up after the first of the year. (whispering to myself) It'll be awesome too. It'll be awesome too. Please, let it not suck.

Oh, and looks like absolutely everything movie-wise for D.C. is on permanent hold. Wait, that's old news.

6. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Apparently the SM4 problem is that Sam Raimi wants The Vulture as a viilian(cool)and Felicia Hardy(Black Cat)as The Vultress(dumb)and the studio doesn't like either. I would like a Vulture/Lizard movie or just a Lizard movie.

7. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Yeah the Vultures thing is stupid. I want a Lizard movie, with Kraven as a secondary villan / hunting the lizard.

8. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    The Vultress? That seems like a far-fetched idea, so I definitely hope to not see that. I'm right with Valhalla on what should be in the film. I wouldn't mind seeing Vulture but only if it's in beautiful flight during the opening credits and then Kraven shoots him down, cooks him, and has him for breakfast. Naw, I've actually always like the Vulture. And when i think of Kraven I can't get the picture out of my head of Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet in a furry poncho and biker shorts. So, I really don't know which one would transfer to the big screen better. I definitely wouldn't mind if the movie opened with a fight between Spiderman and someone like the Vulture or the Rhino in which Spidey defeats him and sends him to jail, never to be seen in the episode again, like the Scarecrow treatment in The Dark Knight. But definitely would love to see the Lizard in this one!

And speaking of Marvel movies, Thor seems to be in full swing production. That's definitely on a "wait and see" list for me. But I did see the announcement that Rene Russo is to be in it, and the last comic book related thing I saw her in was the TV show Sable, which I just recently found on YouTube. My friend Jason and I remembered seeing it and we loved it, but for years I couldn't even remember the name of that show. For that period of time it was at least interesting, different, and the only comic-book related show on television. It was also filmed in Chicago which was unusual at the time. The pilot was originally filmed with Gene Simmons, who can still be seen as a silhouette in the first few minutes of the aired pilot, but he couldn't continue filming due to scheduling conflicts. It probably would have lasted a bit longer simply on his name instead of the mere 7 episodes, and if it hadn't been shown at 7pm on Saturday nights. The pilot is probably the best episode, so I made a playlist so you guys can watch if you want. It's horrible quality and the sound is sometimes off, but it's the only place I could find it. I couldn't find the full Gene Simmons episode. All 7 episodes are on Youtube if you are really bored. The comic was done by Mike Grell for First Comics. Does anyone remember this TV show?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DAC922A228642EA6

[image=http://media.comicmix.com/media/2009/12/18/sable-tv.jpg]

9. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    New trailer is out. Looks evern better than the first one.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-iron-man-2-new-trailer.html?nc

10. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Yep. Looks great. Gotta stop because a story is forming in my head and I don't want to have any expectations before I see it.

Iron Man 2 and Kick-Ass for Spring 2010!

And the Spidey reboot can go suck it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.