main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Lightsaber effect help please

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by cybershot1, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cybershot1

cybershot1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2006
    hi, im new to rotoscoping and im getting better at it. i use photoshop cs and premier pro.
    i have only tried just one person in the clips and they have been short, anywhere from 5-30 seconds.
    i just filmed a clip with 2 ppl fighting and i know how im going to go about rotoscoping it, however something that has me puzzled is how do i get the "clash" effect when sabers hit? u know like when 2 sabers hit the flash whitish color that looks really cool.
    does anyone know how i can mimic this effect in adobe photoshop? or if u have a better method for a different program pls tell me. thanks alot

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I used a lens flare effect for mine. I placed these two at the base of the saber to give it a flaring effect there but you could use it to place between the saber strikes and intensify the flare at the strike between the two sabers. If you?re using Premiere make the flash grow and intensify then drop as the sabers are apart.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~stang515013/pic2.jpg]

3. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    The FanFilms board has a lot of great information. There's a sticky there for lightsaber effects. You could try doing a search in the FanFilms board for lightsaber clash or contact flash.

Also check Ryan-W's website. He posts a lot in the FanFilms board and his site has a lot of great tutorials. In fact, he has a page for perfecting the lightsaber effect here. Scroll down and there's a section on contact flashes.

For video, your best bet would be After Effects. But since the contact flash only lasts a few frames, there shouldn't be a problem in exporting those frames to Photoshop.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.